Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Blacktrax Intake Manifold Spacer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
    not even 40, $15 bucks haha

I feel bad for blacktrax, they came up with the idea and we're cheating them by going the gutted oem route.

the bootleg way saves money. but you get full effect with the blacktrax.

Comment

Well I gutted an oem iab plate, and I will be retaining my iabs. Anyways using the gutted iab plate as a spacer will only work below the real iab plates, unless you shave/grind off the little tab on the spacer conflicts with the iab diaphram. Also the blacktrax spacer is not made of metal, and heat transfer between runners & the plenum is reduced. My solution to the heat transfer issue is to put a bisimoto phenolic intake manifold gasket between the head & the runners (proven to reduce intake air temp by 50*F).

Also would using two phenolic intake gaskets, decrease heat transfer to the intake manifold even more?
      Last edited by cloudasc; 03-16-2009, 05:15 PM.
      PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Originally posted by sulimed View Post
        the bootleg way saves money. but you get full effect with the blacktrax.
        parts are the same, I don't see how blacktrax is "better" aside from not having to delete the butterfly valves...
        ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
          parts are the same, I don't see how blacktrax is "better" aside from not having to delete the butterfly valves...
          The Blacktrax spacer is better because it's not aluminum like the OEM IAB plate, and hence will not heat soak, part of the hp gain from the spacer is from keeping the intake temps lower.

I don't understand why you're all so cheap...it's $75...you should be supporting companies that make good products, not trying to figure out a cheaper way out...

-Kyle
          SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
          -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

Originally posted by F22Turbo702 View Post
            The Blacktrax spacer is better because it's not aluminum like the OEM IAB plate, and hence will not heat soak, part of the hp gain from the spacer is from keeping the intake temps lower.

I don't understand why you're all so cheap...it's $75...you should be supporting companies that make good products, not trying to figure out a cheaper way out...

-Kyle
            Thats why I bought a Bisimoto Heat-Sheilding Intake Manifold Gasket, might as well stop the heat soak at the source, the head. I support companies that make good products, I just had an extra butterfly plate from when I purchased the parts for my hybrid intake, which is currently in route to CHR Racing for p&p work.
            PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

it's not about being "cheap"...it's about not spending that much dough when you don't need to.

75 is a lot, for me it is anyway...they've gone up in price since they first brought them out too.

When you can get an IAB (true not plastic) for $15-$20 and see some gains...spending the 75 doesn't make too much sense.

Same reason I won't buy a dc header when I can buy a knockoff (cheaper welds sure) for 1/3 the price.
              ____

Comment

Working...
              X