Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Blacktrax Intake Manifold Spacer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by totaldoughnut View Post
    I was thinking the spacer would go on to of the butterflys also, to increase plenum volume. If the purpose of putting it on the bottom is to increase runner length then why not just install the h23 runners during the manifold swap? H23 runners are 1/2" longer.
    I placed it this way on my f22a6 because of some searching i did on HT. Someone got the best result by placing it on the bottom.

Comment

I was thinking the spacer would go on to of the butterflys also, to increase plenum volume. If the purpose of putting it on the bottom is to increase runner length then why not just install the h23 runners during the manifold swap? H23 runners are 1/2" longer.

I'm pretty certain it's the a6 runners that are longer than the H23, not the other way around. This is why most prefer the a6runner/H23plenum setup instead of H23/H23......or am I off?
      My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Originally posted by 19dabeast85 View Post
        I'm pretty certain it's the a6 runners that are longer than the H23, not the other way around. This is why most prefer the a6runner/H23plenum setup instead of H23/H23......or am I off?
        The A6 runners are shorter then the H23s by about a 1/2" (I have both laying around).

Shorter runners = More power in the upper RPMs
        Long runners = More power in the lower RPMs

That's if I remember correctly...
        Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Originally posted by frootloops View Post
          The A6 runners are shorter then the H23s by about a 1/2" (I have both laying around).

Shorter runners = More power in the upper RPMs
          Long runners = More power in the lower RPMs

That's if I remember correctly...
          Like I said before if longer runners make more power in the lower rpms which I think is where we want our powerband in the f22a's then why not run the h series runners. Im only saying this because im curious how they would run with h series runners for additional length and double stack above the iab plate to increase plenum volume. Im thinking max bore h series tb and plenum match with above setup, everything is bigger and matched to bisis stage 2 cam may be really nice.
          "Brought to you by Carls Jr."

Comment

you make a damn valid point total.

Comment

Like I said before if longer runners make more power in the lower rpms which I think is where we want our powerband in the f22a's then why not run the h series runners. Im only saying this because im curious how they would run with h series runners for additional length and double stack above the iab plate to increase plenum volume. Im thinking max bore h series tb and plenum match with above setup, everything is bigger and matched to bisis stage 2 cam may be really nice.
              h-series runners do not fit on a F22 head.

Comment

oh and also i think the f22a6 is wider any how

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
                  h-series runners do not fit on a F22 head.
                  You're right, H22 runners will not bolt up. We're talking about H23 runners though which bolt up perfectly, I'm running them!
                  My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

im doing a full h23a1 swap. would it be better for me to put the blaktrax ims on top of my oem spacer w/ butterflies or should i put the blaktrax ims on the bottom?
                    1992 H22A4 Coupe - R.I.P.

Bought from: slammed4thgen. new_beginnings. crzy.tuning. f20aaccordturbo. hondaguy1212. cb4_honda. fatboy1185. wed3k.
                    _____________H22A4CB7. minorreparations. PR CB7. plee3. Bisimoto Engineering.

Sold to: LadyG. sulimed. choppacity. choogee3.

Comment

Originally posted by SE_DynamiK View Post
                      im doing a full h23a1 swap. would it be better for me to put the blaktrax ims on top of my oem spacer w/ butterflies or should i put the blaktrax ims on the bottom?
                      this would be a neat experiement with a dyno...

you wouldn't think it would matter,, but you never know.
                      "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by SE_DynamiK View Post
                        I'd go with the Blacktrax spacer on the bottom.
                        Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

If I have an a6 lower "runners", and an h23 upper "plenum" & throttle body, what would be the differences on a stock f22a1 to a6 conversion; between putting the spacer above the itbs, and increasing the plenum, or putting the spacer below the itbs and increasing runner length? I'd prefer to retain low end power (hence keeping the itbs), but I would also like to move the peak torque and hp points more closer to 5500-6000 range.
                          PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

blacktrax spacer is like...$75...go get one from the jy and remove the butterflies...under 40
                            ____

Comment

not even 40, $15 bucks haha

I feel bad for blacktrax, they came up with the idea and we're cheating them by going the gutted oem route.

Comment

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
                                not even 40, $15 bucks haha

I feel bad for blacktrax, they came up with the idea and we're cheating them by going the gutted oem route.
                                I wish they would compete a lil' more..if they charged 20-30 I would buy from them...save me the work...but for 75...nah eh...not even for 40
                                ____

Comment

Working...
                                X