Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Blacktrax Intake Manifold Spacer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there enougg room to double stack these?

I was thinking

PLATE----PLATE----IAB
    or
    IAB----PLATE----PLATE
    or
    PLATE----IAB----PLATE

Is there enough clearance to do this?
    Also why not just get the IAB's off another intake manifold...take the butterflys out and you have the same exact plate and you can get the rods at a hardware store?

Comment

this is looking sweet i'll take any extra hp i can get
      Freedom Is Not Free
      U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTuner12010
        Is there enougg room to double stack these?

I was thinking

PLATE----PLATE----IAB
        or
        IAB----PLATE----PLATE
        or
        PLATE----IAB----PLATE

Is there enough clearance to do this?
        Also why not just get the IAB's off another intake manifold...take the butterflys out and you have the same exact plate and you can get the rods at a hardware store?
        U got the definition of doublestacking wrong, what ur trying to do is triple stack. I don't know what would happen if u tried but u will have to get new hoses as they are pretty stretched out as it is and i dont know if it would clear the hood.. If u read the whole thread someone already did use the oem iab palte and gutted it. Only difference is one helps with cooling. If u don't have an oem plate this is a great alternative

Comment

Originally posted by BB6-SH
          only when u buy two of these spacers, if u only buy one u have to tell them to include them, or u can buy them at your local hardware store. Look at my DIY thread and the size of the bolts are there just read the second post on it.
          IDK couldnt find the DIY thread for the bolt size i went and found the thread are 8x1.25 but how long? thanks
          Freedom Is Not Free

Comment

Originally posted by benjerman112
            IDK couldnt find the DIY thread for the bolt size i went and found the thread are 8x1.25 but how long? thanks
            i'll ask and see what size they were. it says 100mm so let me double check when i get the chance

Comment

Originally posted by starchland
              did u read it says no tuning done
              yes I did...but you must have missed where someone here said you would need to re-tune for those numbers...and they have FAR more build exp. then me...which is why I asked.
              ____

Comment

Originally posted by benjerman112
                http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=85397

Comment

sweet their it is thanks
                  Freedom Is Not Free

Comment

I love how the peak numbers stay around the same rpm's as before double stack.

hmmmm...triple stack? if double does 5...triple!!!

Ok seriously though...if hood clearance wasn't an issue...possible that 3 would work?

Be awesome if you could tune when the plates open, might be able to lengthen the runners like that and have it work...but I'll prolly stick with the double stack for now.
                    ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx
                      Be awesome if you could tune when the plates open.
                      you can

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

really? It's controlled by the mysterious black box (vacuum switching valves controlled by ecu) correct?

Also...would it matter where you place the butterfly valves? on top or on bottom?
                        ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx
                          really? It's controlled by the mysterious black box (vacuum switching valves controlled by ecu) correct?

Also...would it matter where you place the butterfly valves? on top or on bottom?

The mysterious black box is controlled by the ECU.
                          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

ah...a chipped ecu
                            ____

Comment

Yeah, a chipped ECU for 100-200 bucks...
                              or a $2 relay and a modified adjustable shift light for 37 bucks.

So does anyone have their dual runner IM opened up to a single runner (like HondaFan81's white ride)? I want to do this for my built H22 head, and use one or two hollow spacers (1-hole). If you're not going to use the IAB system, I see no point in keeping the 8-hole screen, it is just more restriction. From the blacktrax dynos, it looks like low end on the single runner power is up to par or better than the dual-runner from about 3750rpm.

I am planning to keep the IAB system and add a spacer to my stock-ish daily driver H22. On this I am looking to put an 8-hole spacer under my ported IAB system, but I wonder if a plate above the butterflies would benefit differently.

It seems that longer runners still make more HP with this, be it from cooling or volume, or whatever. Shouldn't it be max HP to have no spacer plate at all?

Does anyone else wonder about these important things?

The H22 Sleeper Sedan, updated 8/14
                              After 4 months down...It's back! and tucked.
                              Need a Swap or some work done in the DC/MD/VA/WV area?
                              PM me and get it done right!

Comment

I was thinking the spacer would go on to of the butterflys also, to increase plenum volume. If the purpose of putting it on the bottom is to increase runner length then why not just install the h23 runners during the manifold swap? H23 runners are 1/2" longer.
                                "Brought to you by Carls Jr."

Comment

Working...
                                X