Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Blacktrax Intake Manifold Spacer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'd run with the bisimoto one.........just seem's better than hondata

Comment

you say tomato he says tomato, they are the same thing.

-sean
      Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
      Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

i will probably purchase the bisimoto soon. Also I will post pics tomorrow of the engine with the spacer on

Comment

Thumbs up for lower IM Temps. The Hondata is over priced i think.

Comment

sorry to be a noob, but what is this and what exactly does it do? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by tuner2be
              sorry to be a noob, but what is this and what exactly does it do? Thanks in advance.
              Here is what it looks like, ignore the muffler.

Heres the pics of it on manifold.

'04 SB AP2 211whp 150wtq

Comment

hmm... once i get my car going again, i'm DEFINITELY looking forward to pair some of these w/ my Bisimoto IM phenolic gasket

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
                My Ride thread
                Flickr
                Originally posted by d112crzy
                And it can only get better. That's the best part.
                All I gotta really say is:
                People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                  I guarantee it does. They specifically use thermo plastic or phenolic, because it doesn't transfer heat as well. I have a Hondata IM gasket on my car, and the IM is noticably cooler to the touch. The 10-30 degree temp reductions that they claim are not false.

If you put one of these on, with a Hondata IM gasket, and bypass the coolant to the FIV, you could potentially see a huge reduction in IAT's.
                  werd, im totally bypassing coolant that runs to the tb.
                  need to throw on my broed out throttle body as well...the plate doesnt sit flush with the entire inner TB diameter though *shrugs*
                  I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                    need to throw on my broed out throttle body as well...the plate doesnt sit flush with the entire inner TB diameter though *shrugs*
                    bore it out to match up.. or you will have bored it out for nothing.. out of curiousity have you gotten any other performance parts done?

i have experienced that most oversized tb's only give more power when you have supercharged.. because most stock tb's can already produce more airflow then the motor will ever need on an n/a ,, i think the flow numbers were like 360 cfm's
                    as for bypassing all the coolants,, i did this for a lil while and it really made my idle rough when i turned my a/c on,, so i said screw it and put them all back on.. wow.. she feels alot smoother and alot more responsive.. thats just my motor though
                    "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeelesKustome
                      bore it out to match up.. or you will have bored it out for nothing.. out of curiousity have you gotten any other performance parts done?

i have experienced that most oversized tb's only give more power when you have supercharged.. because most stock tb's can already produce more airflow then the motor will ever need on an n/a ,, i think the flow numbers were like 360 cfm's
                      as for bypassing all the coolants,, i did this for a lil while and it really made my idle rough when i turned my a/c on,, so i said screw it and put them all back on.. wow.. she feels alot smoother and alot more responsive.. thats just my motor though

The F22 responds extremely well to a larger TB.
                      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Thanks for posting pics!

It should be noted that the Hondata IM gasket is pretty much the same price as the Bisimoto one, but Hondata doesn't make one for the F22A. Bisimoto does.
                        The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

thanks for clearing that up owe.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                            The F22 responds extremely well to a larger TB.
                            haha you are correct,, i dunno why i was thinking h22.. blah pooh on me...
                            "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeelesKustome

well, it all doesnt really matter because ill be slapping in a cam and ITB's.

but for right now, i just have an intake and exhaust system...i meant that the butterfly plate doesnt sit flush within the throttle body like he did a sloppy job in boring the shit out. i have the tb sitting in my room, im not even sure why i bought it in the first place.

as for the idle thing, i dont have a/c so i guess that doesnt apply to me :o
                              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
                                I'd send another TB to get bored out or have www.maxbore.com (Jorge) fix yours. You're just asking for problems man, vacuum leaks.
                                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Working...
                                X