Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Blacktrax Intake Manifold Spacer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow so it DID do something... wonder if i would get the same numbers with my H23 intake mani...

Originally posted by kc8enb07
    does it come w/ jdm trash? they better throw away gold in it

Comment

rememebr that the h23 and the a6 im have different length runners. i forgot which one was longer or shorter but a shorter one would gain in the top end so making it longer would help torque.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i made my own one of these out of a spare IAB plate i had lying around, i just took everything off of it and plugged up the necessary holes to prevent vaccum leaks. it is basically the same thing aside from the blacktrax piece being thermal plastic and the one i got being OEM metal.

i do have a question however about the blacktrax spacer. i read that you need to back out the studs on the intake manifold in order to be able to double stack it with the OEM IAB plate. do you need to get 3 longer bolts to replace the old ones? or are the stock ones long enough? i might look into getting one of these just dont want any special surprises/ shit to slow me down.

EDIT: bah, reading owns my ass. nevermind LOL

-sean
        Last edited by 93twodoorLX; 08-19-2007, 06:35 PM.
        Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
        Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

actually according to owequitit in another thread he stated in bold letters that the a6 runners are shorter. that is why the h23 upper a6 lower is the favored combo. i have the shorter runners for the high end and the larger upper plenum contributes to torque. that is just the way i understand it

-sean

Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

nice i got 2 spare plates in the garage. ima test and tune using 3 of those spacers and thats not removing iab... but dunno maybe a clearance issue... and bolts ima get at Ace Hardware lol
            either kill it or drift it...

2002 Toyota Tundra V8

Comment

that would be more novelty than useful unless you were boosted which you arent, and even then i doubt you'd get good gains. not to mention you'd prolly need a mustang style cowl hood to clear that shit lol. do it tho and take your hood off an let us know how it goes LOL

-sean

Arcadia Green Crew #10

Comment

i am slightly bedazzeled.
                i can grant you that this plastic plate, (basically) does lower the intake temprature alot!!!! giving the air a more denser flow.

but if your going boosted.. i am curious to how these would hold up.... see what i am thinking...
                is this just a n/a only?

if so using another oem stack plate.. this would cause? what more air flow for higher torque down low..?

because we all know the shorter the runners the better the top end, so stacking 2 or 3 of these would be pointless in a vtec car...

after 1st gear any power below 5 grand is usless.. and to hold back top end seems radical to me..

althoiugh for the f22 motor who already has great botom end, i personaly would just replace the stack plate with no iab's with this plastic one, so i don't snuff out top end any more than it already does.. and then i would like to see dyno #'s to see if it would actually give more power say 6hp more around 5000 to 7000 rpm's? and be able to keep the torque curv nice the whole way..
                "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by KeelesKustome
                  i can grant you that this plastic plate, (basically) does lower the intake temprature alot!!!! giving the air a more denser flow.

but if your going boosted.. i am curious to how these would hold up.... see what i am thinking...
                  is this just a n/a only?

if so using another oem stack plate.. this would cause? what more air flow for higher torque down low..?

because we all know the shorter the runners the better the top end, so stacking 2 or 3 of these would be pointless in a vtec car...

after 1st gear any power below 5 grand is usless.. and to hold back top end seems radical to me..

althoiugh for the f22 motor who already has great botom end, i personaly would just replace the stack plate with no iab's with this plastic one, so i don't snuff out top end any more than it already does.. and then i would like to see dyno #'s to see if it would actually give more power say 6hp more around 5000 to 7000 rpm's? and be able to keep the torque curv nice the whole way..
                  it has an ok bottom end not the best and with this setup i really feel an improvement since it's my daily driver, plus if u wanted high end on an f22 a cam would be the way to go not getting rid of the iabs. the tq wouldn't stay nice in my opinion since by getting rid of it u loose the the nice tq curve.

it really all depends on what setup u have, this works the best for me as there is no point in shifting past about 5200rpm. If i got rid of the iabs it would be pointless

also look at the dyno graphs on there page were there using double stacks which improves mid range and high.
                  Last edited by BB6-SH; 08-20-2007, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Doink Doink Doink

Originally posted by KeelesKustome

is this just a n/a only?

Its all on the tuners mind set. I
                    ts all just one big set up.
                    Turbo Maps/VE Velocity actual Compression Piston Speed Revolutions. Then you know the deal Daily | Street | Auto-X | Strip | Competitions(Beuaty Queen/Dyno Queen/Drag Queen|/ECT...) | Rally.

Daily-AutoX no street lethals here or stripers . 100% in it for the sport.

Comment

I am tempted to play with these as well. Thanks for posting this info. I was wondering about these, and figured it would only be incremental. They seem to have some nice gains on the H22 though.
                      The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                        I am tempted to play with these as well. Thanks for posting this info. I was wondering about these, and figured it would only be incremental. They seem to have some nice gains on the H22 though.
                        Just wanted to let everyone know u could make some power for only 65 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by green cb7
                          Just wanted to let everyone know u could make some power for only 65 bucks.

I wish they had some dynos of one spacer double stacked with the IAB plate on the H22.

I suppose ~7HP ~8lb ft all through the powerband with two spacers double stacked isn't too bad though. It works out to just under $2 per HP, which isn't bad at all.

I suppose it makes sense, because you are effectively eliminating the IAB plate, but you are making the runner longer at the same time. That most likely helps top end as well, since the IAB butterflies are a slight restriction.

Comment

so 2 plastic plates correct.... with no butterflies..
                            i think i can drop $130.00 whats the worst that happens i get no gains..? lol thanx for the post up!
                            "Self Renewed"

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                              I wish they had some dynos of one spacer double stacked with the IAB plate on the H22.

I suppose ~7HP ~8lb ft all through the powerband with two spacers double stacked isn't too bad though. It works out to just under $2 per HP, which isn't bad at all.

I suppose it makes sense, because you are effectively eliminating the IAB plate, but you are making the runner longer at the same time. That most likely helps top end as well, since the IAB butterflies are a slight restriction.
                              You dont think that since it is made from Plastic that it helps cool the Intake Manifold? Do you think a Hondata IM Spacer would do the same?

Comment

Originally posted by 10thcb7
                                You dont think that since it is made from Plastic that it helps cool the Intake Manifold? Do you think a Hondata IM Spacer would do the same?

I guarantee it does. They specifically use thermo plastic or phenolic, because it doesn't transfer heat as well. I have a Hondata IM gasket on my car, and the IM is noticably cooler to the touch. The 10-30 degree temp reductions that they claim are not false.

If you put one of these on, with a Hondata IM gasket, and bypass the coolant to the FIV, you could potentially see a huge reduction in IAT's.

Comment

Working...
                                X