Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Blacktrax Intake Manifold Spacer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blacktrax Intake Manifold Spacer

Went to Blacktrax today for r&d purposes to find out how much power or improvement I could gain from the intake manifold spacer they offer. This was the first cb7 they tried one on. It was developed for h22/23 so i decided to see what it could do on on the f22a6.

What I did was Place one of there spacers where the iab's were and place the iabs on top of it.

Here are pics of it on my car:

We were expecting an improve of maybe 1hp to 2hp. Well it did alot better than that. Overall I gained 5hp and 5tq. Which was beyond our expectations. here are the results.

heres a vid of the dyno
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITY4GNXncqA

Pictures of the spacer can be seen on there website
    www.blacktrax.net
    Last edited by BB6-SH; 08-22-2007, 07:27 PM.

nice...I dont see what would be so hard to custom fab one of these pieces if you could find the right material

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
    "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
    "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

not bad. I've been meaning to look into that place. Heard alot of positive things about that place. Only live like 5mins away from them. Didn't awww_shiet vouch that place?

Comment

he got his swap done there

Comment

I have this as well it, definatley works.

'04 SB AP2 211whp 150wtq

Comment

did you try a dyno pull without the iabs at all and just the spacer?either way nice lil upgrade.
            My Members Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by ceelooboob
              did you try a dyno pull without the iabs at all and just the spacer?either way nice lil upgrade.
              Didn't try it that way but the result probably would have been loss of low end and a gain at the top.

Comment

Not only did you gain at the peak of the power band, but under 4k, the power increased a lot. Theres a lot more area under the curve, which is the ultimate goal.

Was this test with the bored throttle body?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                  Not only did you gain at the peak of the power band, but under 4k, the power increased a lot. Theres a lot more area under the curve, which is the ultimate goal.

Was this test with the bored throttle body?
                  it was tested with the bored tb, but i think if i had my plenium matched to the tb i could of seen more gains possibly.

Comment

hey do they plan on mass producing those spacers and selling them on their site? All I see is h and k spacers. with those results I would definitely pick one up.

Comment

Originally posted by green cb7
                      What I did was Place one of there spacers where the iab's were and place the iabs on top of it.
                      you would have to get longer studs to do that right? where did you get yours?
                      Last edited by sulimed; 08-17-2007, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by t3chtun3r
                        hey do they plan on mass producing those spacers and selling them on their site? All I see is h and k spacers. with those results I would definitely pick one up.
                        The H spacer will work on the F22a6 as the IAB plates are basically the same, so you can just use the H-Series ones without a problem.

'04 SB AP2 211whp 150wtq

Comment

Good info, but I have questions.

1) Was there any ignition/fuel tuning done with this modification?

2) Did you single or double stack, as they describe? for the 5hp/5tq gain?

3) What modifications did you already have at the time of dyno session?

4) To reconfirm, this did delete the IAB system with no butterflies, correct?

5) Any interference issues with the hood when double stacked?
                          Last edited by HondaFan81; 08-17-2007, 04:58 PM.
                          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by sulimed
                            you would have two get longer studs to do that right? where did you get yours?
                            They supply the longer bolts when u double stack

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
                              Good info, but I have questions.

1) Was there any ignition/fuel tuning done with this modification?

2) Did you single or double stack, as they describe? for the 5hp/5tq gain?

3) What modifications did you already have at the time of dyno session?

4) To reconfirm, this did delete the IAB system with no butterflies, correct?

5) Any interference issues with the hood when double stacked?
                              1. There was no tuning done at all
                              2. I double stacked to gain the 5hp/5tq
                              3. I had an AEM intake, Bored tb, 2.25 exhaust the basics.
                              4. It did not delete the butterflies. I used the iab plate on top of the spacer, i didn't want to loose low end tq
                              5. No interference with hood, the hoses are bit tighter but everything fits well.

Comment

Working...
                              X