Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Short Ram Intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short Ram Intake

dose anyone know where to get a good Short Ram Intake....beside ebay i hear the car with ebay intake can not pass...thank you

just put the stock intake back on to pass smog and put it back on a minute later.

funny seeing this thread in appearance section.

Comment

Autopartswarehouse.com is a good site, one of my favorites. I got my intake bypass valve from them and it was fairly cheap, free shipping! All items over $50 have free shipping on them, which is a dang good deal I think. Check it out! And ebay intakes work fine by the way, my $32 coldair was a great buy! Extra power and about 2-3 mpg more, it'll pay for itself in a few months.

H22 Fund Cancelled. Flight training underway.

Comment

Originally posted by minoreparations
        just put the stock intake back on to pass smog and put it back on a minute later.

funny seeing this thread in appearance section.
        idk will that mess up the car....and i dont not know there to put it at

Comment

Originally posted by Scubasteve_dan
          Autopartswarehouse.com is a good site, one of my favorites. I got my intake bypass valve from them and it was fairly cheap, free shipping! All items over $50 have free shipping on them, which is a dang good deal I think. Check it out! And ebay intakes work fine by the way, my $32 coldair was a great buy! Extra power and about 2-3 mpg more, it'll pay for itself in a few months.

i will check it out rite now thank you

Comment

TAS always has good stuff:

http://www.secureleadercom.com/exsto...nfrontpage.asp

And a short air ram needless to say does lend itself to the cars appearance as well as performance. I have a Reactive (not from TAS) on a 93 wagon and it gave it a little more (not much) spunk. Sound only comes when pedal is pushed just a bit more: Kinda tells someone "Hey, I'm passing you"
            Last edited by SilverShadow; 05-09-2007, 11:02 AM.

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
            New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
            My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

ebay intake w/ an AEM or K&N FTW!!!

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
              My Ride thread
              Flickr
              Originally posted by d112crzy
              And it can only get better. That's the best part.
              All I gotta really say is:
              People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Originally posted by Scubasteve_dan
                ??? Hes asking about an intake. Anyway you will need to find something CARB legal if you wanna pass. Throw on the stock airbox if you dont feel like spending like 200 for an AEM or something with CARB Certification. Might as well buy one of those since if police pop your hood and see a non CARB certified intake they will prob tell you to go BAR your car or just write you a ticket. Something like that in Cali as I have heard.

The New-ish Ride
                My old Ride
                Hear my Vtak!!!
                MK3 Member #3
                I piss off people for fun.
                IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

k n part number E1009 i believe. its legal and fits on the stock intake tube. stock intake tubes are made to dissapate heat. heat robs power. although i do agree that the stock tubing isnt the smoothest the extra 2 hp for 200 worth od steel tubing isnt that tight. save your money.

Comment

Working...
                  X