Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Recommend Header back exhaust needed for H22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend Header back exhaust needed for H22

Exhaust will be for a H22A engine in a 93 accord

Well, here's the deal. I have a bunch of holes in my exhaust (thank you salty roads ) and it would be mush less of a hassle just to replace it all. I have a budget of about $400-500 for the complete exhaust from the header all the way back to the muffler. I'm pretty sure I can get a good deal on the cat back by going custom at a local muffler shop (2.5" exhaust). But I need reccomendations on a decent header that's at least as good as the stockish one. I'd like this exhaust to be pretty quiet and drone free on the highway.
    I'd also like the system to be free flowing

Let me know what you guys would do

thanks,
    -PwrUsr
    Last edited by pwrusr; 04-25-2007, 07:14 PM.
    ~~~~~~~

Buy something from ebay. and custom it from header back with a carsound cat or a test pipe.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
      Buy something from ebay. and custom it from header back with a carsound cat or a test pipe.

dc sports header and go to a reputable shop, not somehting like midas... even a cheap header will do the trick, i got my dc sport for cost cuz i got the hook ups
      ]

Comment

I might be able to use a header I have from a 01 prelude. I'm kinda wondering what if any gain I'd get out of a semi cheap header <$200.

Also what if any reccomendition's are there for a quiet yset free flowing exhaust? I'm mainly asking this question to see what kind of muffler would be best. I've seen a few that look interesting, but I have no idea how well they'll perform or more importently sound on a higher performence Honda four banger. In the end I'd be quiet happy with a semi quiet exhaust that does NOT have ANY rasp. I don't think I'd be happy with something as quiet as a WS2. On the other hand I guess I would be. but I just want to hear the exhaust a bit more then that.

Any ideas, please don't be afraid to post 'em up.
        ~~~~~~~

Comment

1. Just use the OEM if you have it. You can just hack the end and tell them to convert it to 2.5" or whatever thats what I would do if I had an OEM downpipe if it was possible.

2. Listen to my vtak lol yea its just some clips of my exhaust its from cat back 2.5" though with ebay n1 replica muffler. Really monotone and quiet.

3. With a prelude oem header should have plenty of money to do whatever left.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

get a custom crush bent exhaust with a ES tunning muffler. My brother had it in his civic with a b18c1 sounded clean ran with no cat. He had a type R style cams, manifold, and dc header.

"Real intelligence is like a river; the deeper it is, the less noise it makes.”

Click Me

Comment

you need a long muffler a big one not some cheap shit, magnaflow i have a clip. i found an 18 inch resonater on the ground at the junkyard, and i hooked it up to a dc sport header, payed 300 dollars for a custom downpipe welded to the resonater and 2.25 out (i know i know) to a magnaflow muffler.

i love my exhauast, it sound just like a corvette, queit when you drive so you can only feel it more than hear it. then when you hit it, you feel it you hear it, and so does everyone else.... but when your not at wot, you dont know it drove by if you were outside... probly because of the 2.25, i wish i had 2.5 specially because im spraying soon.
              ]

Comment

NAiL, The OE prelude header has a heatshield built into the header where the 2 pipes merge into the final single pipe. so that might be a bit hard to get it 2.5". still might be cheaper though.

norco, I'm considering that muffler as well.

RoCkn, After a bit a research I think you're onto something. I figure that the longest muffler along with a couple resonaters should keep it to a dull roar
                ~~~~~~~

Comment

oh you want it from there....Usually 2.5 goes from the end of downpipe out. If you want something like that you might as well invest in an RMF, Camp1320 header or something that already has a 2.5" collector to the end. But those headers are out of your budget range (Camp1320 like 400 something shipped).If not then you might have to go complete custom. I am running a cheap 25 dollar muffler off ebay its working just fine.

The New-ish Ride
                  My old Ride
                  Hear my Vtak!!!
                  MK3 Member #3
                  IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
                    oh you want it from there....Usually 2.5 goes from the end of downpipe out. If you want something like that you might as well invest in an RMF, Camp1320 header or something that already has a 2.5" collector to the end. But those headers are out of your budget range (Camp1320 like 400 something shipped).If not then you might have to go complete custom. I am running a cheap 25 dollar muffler off ebay its working just fine.

danm i payed like 340 for my dc sport but its a 4-1...i thought that was good, andthat was withovernight shipping though. my spacebar isbroken fuck.
                    ]

Comment

Working...
                    X