Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

obx vs megan headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

obx vs megan headers

hmm anybody have any good or bad things to say about any of these headers??..

im thinking of going obx cuz its ceramic coated.. they both run around the same price tho

any further reviews would help.. thanks!

fuck it im just gonna go obx

Comment

whatevers cheaper

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
      "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
      "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Obx!!!!!!

I would say go with the OBX. I have the OBX 4-2-1 Stainless and they're pretty good. Nice solid welds and build quality, have had them for maybe 8 months and no problems. Gives good low end torque also!!!

Comment

megan, obx has ceramics which are prone to cracking under high heat. megan offers stainless steel which can take much higher temps and also turns that kick ass blue color when heated.
          '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
          If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

I got a obx ceramic header, the ceramic paint stuff came off when my wrench scratched it (took very little force).
            spin city

Comment

I've heard of horror stories about megan headers, I know quite a few people who have gotten them and they've cracked but I personally own OBX and although the paint does come off right away, they still work and it's still holding up quite well.

1997 2.2CL 5spd
              Debadged
              Clear Corners
              Cold Air Intake
              OBX Header
              8lb Fidanza Flywheel
              July 2007-TURBO!

Comment

I don't really know much about Megan Racing products, but I can vouch for OBX.

Good build quality and nice performance results.

Members Ride Thread

Comment

Megan Header

I just installed a Megan Header on my 93 this weekend plus their Cat Back type II with a Magnaflow High Flow Cat. I like the header looks good and preforms well! The Cat back is also very nice sounds good not ricey at all. Very quiet under normal driving and cruise. Sound deep and thoaty at WFO!

The cat backexhaust fit very well I'll give it a 10+ for that and plus its all polished stainless!

The header fit well except the "Y" pipe bracket didn't line up with the stock bracket that mounts to the back side of the engine block. No big deal I'll be fabbing a new bracket thoday to hook it up.
                  Last edited by icemanxxxv; 03-18-2007, 09:16 AM. Reason: Sp
                  Momma told me not to look in the eyes of the sun,,,, but Momma that's were the fun is......
                  Steven Adler

1993 Accord EX JDM F22a6 4 door Sedan

Comment

Working...
                  X