Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Summer F22 Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My advice, for what it's worth: Listen to what people have to say, but develop and stick to your OWN project plans. If you don't stick to it and make it reasonable with your budget into account, it will never me completed. If you're adding some performance while doing maintenance so be it and do it. I was just saying, if you later plan to want more compression it is more efficient IMO to build another F22 block on the side, so you can transfer all parts like Delta 260 cam, etc. onto the new block.
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

To me the best thing to do is hunt around for a decent condition f22 engine. Then do all the work to that engine. And you can start as soon as you get the engine. You can take your time and get everything right. If you get a spare engine now you will have a couple months opposed to 1 week.

Also if your car is your only transport dont risk 1.5 week down time. When the downtime could be cut to 1.5 DAYS. Swapping engine is easy to some but if its your first time, It can get tricky. Not that I am saying you cant do it, there are unexpected problems that arise.

If you want to upgrade your pistons in the future, just see if you can scrape the money up and do it one time. Because its like doing double work if you decide to put pistons in after doing all that work.

Good luck

Comment

I think I will pick up a running F22 at some point and start messing with it. See if I can find someone to do some reasonable headwork locally and stuff. The CB7 at this point is my main transport, however I do have a spare car that I can/will drive when the CB7 is down.
        Gary A.K.A. Carter
        [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

It has started. Last weekend I got a cam from Nic to send off to Delta Camshaft to be reground. Nic also told me he has a port and polished head with a couple of bent valves he can sell me. Which is good because that will give me a chance to get something like a 3 angle valve job and valve stem seals. Anyone know where I can buy new valves?

Steve also said he has an F22A6 intake manifold sitting around with the black box he can sell me. Then I would need a H23/H22 upper plenum with throttle body which I will probably send to maxbore to be bored/tapered. But I think after I get the intake manifold and head I am going to hold off on the engine parts for a bit and redo my front suspension because it needs it, but I will keep that to the suspension or members ride sections.

Anywho here is a picture of the cam, stock cam gear attached. I need to call Delta up.

Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man
            It has started. Last weekend I got a cam from Nic to send off to Delta Camshaft to be reground. Nic also told me he has a port and polished head with a couple of bent valves he can sell me. Which is good because that will give me a chance to get something like a 3 angle valve job and valve stem seals. Anyone know where I can buy new valves?

Steve also said he has an F22A6 intake manifold sitting around with the black box he can sell me. Then I would need a H23/H22 upper plenum with throttle body which I will probably send to maxbore to be bored/tapered. But I think after I get the intake manifold and head I am going to hold off on the engine parts for a bit and redo my front suspension because it needs it, but I will keep that to the suspension or members ride sections.

Anywho here is a picture of the cam, stock cam gear attached. I need to call Delta up.
            New OEM valves from www.hondaautomotiveparts.com, then get the valve job done with new valve stem seals. I would also have them check the mating surface on the head for flatness and if need be, resurface it. I'd get new seals, headgasket, etc at same time you get the valves for efficiency and less cost in shipping (be smart how you purchase).

Instead of piecing a F22a6 and H23 hybrid manifold (I never get why people do this)...just get either one as a fully assembly...either full f22a6 or H23. For an H23 talked to "That1guyN8", he has some for sale.

I'd definitely make sure your suspension is in check, don't play around with bad ball-joints as you can cause or create an accident.

Feel free to post your suspension mods and any other projects mods in this thread. As long as your doing something performance oriented and all-motor, it can stay....the rest can ride along like I've done on my project threads, why should you do it any different?

Good luck, see it through to the end.

Comment

Well the reason for the A6-H23 hybrid I thought was due to the fact that the A6 mani has shorter secondary runners providing more top end power.
              Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

Over the past few months it has occurred to me that I am going to be in dire need to replace pretty much the entire front suspension components soon (except the springs/struts). All other stuff, besides springs/struts, are original as far as I know and have taken a beating over the past 14 years. I could easily do all this stuff a bit at a time, but it would be much easier to do at once since pretty much everything requires the axle nut to be broken, and as everyone knows that is a bitch and I would like to minimize that as much as possible.
                Therefore I plan on replacing the:
                *Front suspension bushings with polyurethane ones
                *Lower and upper ball joints
                *Brake rotors (not completely necessary yet but I think they are getting warped)
                *Wheel bearings
                *Brake calipers (I have a set that I am going to rebuild)
                *Brake pads
                *Tie rod ends
                *Brake lines with stainless steel braided

On that note, I have a list of stuff I am looking into and would like some feedback on what I have picked so far.

Rotors & Pads: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-97...mZ190077903943 $130 shipped

Upper and lower ball joints:
                http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-97...mZ190077903943
                $105 shipped

Stainless steel brake lines:
                http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stain...QQcmdZViewItem
                $84 shipped

Polyurethane bushings:
                http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Energ...temZ8029045814
                $95.05 shipped

Brake caliper rebuild kit:
                http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductD...pe=223&ptset=A
                $19.25 with 7% local tax

Tie rod ends:
                http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductD...ype=82&ptset=A
                $38.48x2=$76.96x.07+$76.96=$82.35 with tax

Wheel bearings:
                http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=Accord&catcgr y2=1993&catcgry3=4DR%20LX&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5= FRONT%20BRAKE%20(AKEBONO)&vinsrch=null
                $105.10 shipped

Overall I am looking at:
                $620.75 in parts, plus about a week or so of downtime and work on the suspension. Damn, that is a lot but I feel it would be doing it right and set up for another 14 years of beating.
                What do you guys think? This is a lot, I probably won't have the fundage until April or so, but I may need to speed that up somehow due to ball joints getting pretty bad.
                If I omit the brake rotors and lines and wheel bearings (I have had no indication that they are failing) that makes it $301.65. I still need to rebuild these calipers because one of my current calipers has a fucked up bleeder screw. The rotors/bearings/lines will have to wait another month or so at least before the spring meet.

Again opinions and suggestions appreciated.
                Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

why dont you just get this kit for the upper/lower balljoints AND tie rod ends?
                  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-93...80606500QQrdZ1

its a bit cheaper.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                    why dont you just get this kit for the upper/lower balljoints AND tie rod ends?
                    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-93...80606500QQrdZ1

its a bit cheaper.
                    No grease fittings...its a bit reminsent of ARM CAN's package. As well as the price. I say go OEM or M2G(MOOG, or whatever they call themselves now).

Comment

Grease fittings on what? OEM prices are not too bad until you get to the upper control arm, those are like $150 a piece.
                      Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

Gary, i have an A4 head that doesnt even have an oil stain on it, with no bent valves, and as soon as i get my other project done, ill have a ported A6 intake with IAB box. and if Kieth still has his OEM Downpipe, i have an a4 header (top portion), lol i have a ton of shit! i just need to get my project going and finished.
                        Nic

Comment

Check your PM
                          Last edited by HondaFan81; 03-14-2007, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Got your multiple PMs Cisco.

And you Nic, I will be talking with you later about other stuff too.
                            Gary A.K.A. Carter

Comment

Working...
                            X