Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

what engine management?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what engine management?

well as some of you may know i have a nice lil h22 build going on. i have it running and driving now but i cant seem to get the bugs worked out the way i want. im looking at 2 different options on engine management right now, aem ems or hondata s300. so my question is what would you guys recommend? thanks in advance!!!

lol how much you wanna spend ? aem ems can do everything and ya pay for it too.. hondata new is like 400-500 bucks so im going with hondata.

Comment

well i havent cut any corners on my build so i was thinkin aem. i can get it brand new for 850 plus shipping. but i didnt know how much difference there are between the 2.

Comment

Well i dont think hondata is cutting corners at all.. Sure its bragging rights to say your rocking ems but hondata will work great and save ya about 400 bucks in this case. Put that 400 into something else. But you know as well as i do your going to get what ever you want.. I was going to get hondata when and if i ever go turbo for ease of tuning (having a shop tune it) and its cheep and will get the job done just as easy. Do you plan to turbo ? juice ? or all motor ? for the price is go with s200 $269.00 and you can always add the boost option later if thats what your going for. Even cheeper you can always run a chipped p28 or convert a p06 for alot less. But this is just my 2 cents. Id still go with hondata if i had my choice. Good luck with whatever you go with.
        http://www.trackspeedracing.com/site...oduct/HON-S200

Comment

whats wrong with crome?

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Nothing if you know how to tune it. The problem in my city is the tuners here only use hondata or ems im sure this is so they can sell the units. So atleast here in Okc if you can't tune it your self your outta luck. And frankley for the cost Hondata would be my choice. Seeing i can get a plug and play system and have it tuned for less than i can get a laptop, burner, dataloger and so on. Not to mention i feel safer having a pro tune my shit rather than me blowing it up trying to learn to tune it.

Comment

my buddy darren is running a b16 turbo ef, with a teg wire harness, ill post pics of his car soon cuz its sick as all hell, he is running hondata s300, and seeing that king motorsports is about 10 min away from here, he has had them pretty much do everything (donwpipe, wastgate, street and dyno tune, ect) s300 does everything plus some. Id go with the hondata, we have king to do all the tuning so you just have to find a good shop around you and see what they do. The people at king reconmend hondata over aem all day.
              New cb, new start

Comment

For the price of aem you can buy a hondata s300 and have it tuned. In fact if you dont plan on turbo I would go with the s200 and call it a day.

Theres nothing wrong with chrome or any of the other free tuners out there... except the fact that you have to too it yourself. Its fun and all but I perfer dyno tuning with hondata.

Oh if you have the money then get the aem... If not s300 or s200 will do just fine.
                Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
                registration is free

Comment

Originally posted by Gettin_faster91
                  Well i dont think hondata is cutting corners at all.. Sure its bragging rights to say your rocking ems but hondata will work great and save ya about 400 bucks in this case. Put that 400 into something else. But you know as well as i do your going to get what ever you want.. I was going to get hondata when and if i ever go turbo for ease of tuning (having a shop tune it) and its cheep and will get the job done just as easy. Do you plan to turbo ? juice ? or all motor ? for the price is go with s200 $269.00 and you can always add the boost option later if thats what your going for. Even cheeper you can always run a chipped p28 or convert a p06 for alot less. But this is just my 2 cents. Id still go with hondata if i had my choice. Good luck with whatever you go with.
                  http://www.trackspeedracing.com/site...oduct/HON-S200
                  i didnt mean to say hondata is cutting corners, a couple of my buddies are running an s200 and its awesome. i have a stroked, high compression, and itb'd h22. so its an all motor build. i have heard some controversy over the hondata being able to tune the itb's to their fullest potential so that was my concern with it.

Comment

yeah around here the shops only tune hondata and aem so i kinda have to stay with either one of those.

Comment

i like em both

but since Im trying to learn more and more and have 3 vehicles I am going with AEM just to learn a bunch myself. Im excited except my old laptop just crapped out., so now I either need to move the computer to the garage or buy a new laptop. Anyways thats my thoughts. I really like em both. I have had more experience with AEM tho but in a subaru. Love playing with buttons, its my thing!
                      MadLab Racing
                      Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7
                        but since Im trying to learn more and more and have 3 vehicles I am going with AEM just to learn a bunch myself. Im excited except my old laptop just crapped out., so now I either need to move the computer to the garage or buy a new laptop. Anyways thats my thoughts. I really like em both. I have had more experience with AEM tho but in a subaru. Love playing with buttons, its my thing!
                        yeah im gonna mess with it myself just cause im the same way. but as for a true tune im taking it to a shop just so i know its done right.

Comment

Originally posted by Gettin_faster91
                          lol how much you wanna spend ? aem ems can do everything and ya pay for it too.. hondata new is like 400-500 bucks so im going with hondata.
                          Hondata S200 system is like $300 average price
                          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

I would say to go Hondata. But go with a P72 if you can get one. P72 will run your IABs and a P28 won't. Also with the P28 you'll have to disable the knock sensor (which is not necessarily a bad thing). Then go get it dyno tuned and you're golden!

I :heart: my S300, but I would have liked to have it in a P72 so I wouldn't have to bypass my IAB box... But I got a killer deal on the s300 already installed in a P28.
                            Originally posted by Junior Smurff
                            Nevermind guys, google search works wonders!

I don't have road rage, my car just goes faster than yours!

Accords are for winners. And Grandmothers. But mostly winners.

I have grown so Tired of Internet Illiteracy. Please learn proper spelling and grammar. For your sake and that of your children.

Comment

Originally posted by 4GAccordH22
                              I would say to go Hondata. But go with a P72 if you can get one. P72 will run your IABs and a P28 won't. Also with the P28 you'll have to disable the knock sensor (which is not necessarily a bad thing). Then go get it dyno tuned and you're golden!

I :heart: my S300, but I would have liked to have it in a P72 so I wouldn't have to bypass my IAB box... But I got a killer deal on the s300 already installed in a P28.
                              well , with my itb's im not runnin my iab box so im not too awful worried about that. im running a chipped converted p06 right now so if i do go with hondata that would save me a lil bit. does anyone know if the s200 or s300 is capable of handleing the itb's?

Comment

Working...
                              X