Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Norcal Project cb7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we missing lug nuts or something? i have to tell you something regarding th honda challenge but im not going to say it on here, lol.

oh and i have about a grand waiting to be spent on the lower end. guy came by gave us some coupons for the radiator plce he works at. hello koyo racing radiator!!!

we need to remove it anyways to ditch the a/c condensor.
    Last edited by wed3k; 05-25-2007, 02:38 PM.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

megan lower rear tie bar...debating on the progress sway or putting in an X-brace in the trunk or maybe both?

bye bye

ciao

DC header almost on, i lost the damn exhuast and header bolts/nuts *shrugs*

oh also the p/s pump is no good, one of the high pressure hose bolts are stripped. why dont we just ditch the p/s?
      in the how to build honda horsepower book, removal of the p/s pump netted 4whp gains.

plus we would be able to sell the aem pulley and ditch more weight. when we are done it should be as light as a stock teg.
      Last edited by wed3k; 05-28-2007, 09:49 PM.
      I <3 G60.

Comment

shit.. track car with no Power Steering .. u think we should? .. hell if we do i'll cop that aem pully and throw it into Keiko and help fund up some dough for the project car
        -:¦:-
        Originally posted by wed3k
        i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextAZN
          shit.. track car with no Power Steering .. u think we should? .. hell if we do i'll cop that aem pully and throw it into Keiko and help fund up some dough for the project car
          you get better feel of the car...i was running no p/s when i had my h23 head swap.

and who's keiko? oh and i left my bawls at your house so your bro better not drink it!
          I <3 G60.

Comment

you get better feel of the car...i was running no p/s when i had my h23 head swap.

and who's keiko? oh and i left my bawls at your house so your bro better not drink it!
            haha if ur bawls are gone when i get back.. u can have my bawls.

keiko = my h22 cb7!! get with the program!

oh and i just read majority of the HondaChallenge rules today .. and we have to leave the dash intact. i do believe we'll be able to run in H4 with no problem. .. except we will have to run on certain toyo tires .. i'll look more into that.
            i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

oh hahaha, some name

shall we try the track day in july on some grippy street tires? or i know!
              there's a guy selling worn down azenis in socal for a 24 pack of pepsi

dead serious

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=586702&page=27

2nd post, i know the new azenis are NOT unidirectional so we can mount the sides with more grip on the inner part of the wheel. plus we have an extra if we actually manage to blow one out.
              Last edited by wed3k; 05-29-2007, 12:35 AM.
              I <3 G60.

Comment

lol.. dood if u think it's worh the drive i'm down for a so cal road trip .. lol. i'm sure we can find someone else who's willing to drive down as well so we switch shifts to make teh drive easier/funner.. lol.

as for July 5th, we can def. do it.. but u wanna drive it without insurance? or we gonna rent hitch!?!

Comment

Originally posted by TheNextAZN
                  lol.. dood if u think it's worh the drive i'm down for a so cal road trip .. lol. i'm sure we can find someone else who's willing to drive down as well so we switch shifts to make teh drive easier/funner.. lol.

as for July 5th, we can def. do it.. but u wanna drive it without insurance? or we gonna rent hitch!?!
                  rent a trailor of course and convince my mom to use her rx300 (already has a hitc, just need the tow ball.)

still debating on the tow dolly or a full car dolly. also if the car breaks down during the track day, then it is all good
                  I <3 G60.

Comment

blah, the azenis i got, only two are pretty much useable. the majority have started to wear to the belts. still not bad for 75 shipped.

anyways, im about to purchase a set of custom rods...142mm, slightly taller, arp rod bolts and weight 480 grams which aint bad at all. the crowers weight about 500 and the probe weight 467 i think. also gonna get them cryo'd.

Kaizenspeed balance shaft kit is pretty much installed. i might need to start purchasing parts for a camry that might have blelw a headgasket. my DD cb7 still needs to pass smog so argh.
                    I <3 G60.

Comment

received the rods today...their measurements on the weight are a bit off but i weighed them and were around 560g's

im looking to get some banners on the car for possible deals and steals
                      -own machine shop obviously
                      -Accessories Plus (they do all types of coatings)
                      -Alignment shop
                      -A body shop we might have hookups for

and then anything else that we can benefit from.

im really looking foward to get some seat time but i need to get another pair of tires for the front's. im looking at the Avon RA's which they are clearancing on tirerack.com

but...i still have issues with my camry and DD cb7 getting smogged which will set me back time and money. i was doing yard work at work and found a dollar bill :o
                      I <3 G60.

Comment

controversial debate on the bearings...whether to stick with honda oem or use ACL race bearings. after some research, the ACL's are less forgiving if you are getting different specs for the mains.

either way all the main housing specs should be the same.

ive decided to use a block guard as well.

block guard, tig it up, deck and check for cylinder roundness and then hone for the slightly larger piston.
                        I <3 G60.

Comment

bored today and i weighed the stock rods and the rods being used in the build.

the aftermarket rods were all within 0.8 of a gram and we will be saving about 100 grams total in just rods. the arias pistons are 315, stock is around 420 with wrist pin.

so hopefully total savings will be 500 grams. this thing should be pretty monster with the high compression and lighter rotating assembly.
                          I <3 G60.

Comment

i need to take more pictures, lol. oh well fuck it.

so basically i got my dd cb7 back from smog repairs and it passed, yay.

a little slow at work so i decided to practice more on porting a h23 (my practice head where i do everything on) i focused a lot on the combustion chambers and try to make a clover leaf design like Larry at endyn and my boss' cylinder heads. i really wish that the tig was fixed so i can get a few tacks between the valve areas and reshape.

things to look foward to?

-need to get the guy at work to complete his flow bench.
                            -possibly remoiving the sound deadening on the car.
                            -strip more interior.
                            -get it started? (i know we have exhaust, bleed brakes and figure out why there is slack in the driver's side rear rotor)
                            I <3 G60.

Comment

looks good, a note about PS removal, when i had mine on crappy 195 tires it was so hard to turn, then i went to a performance low profile 205 tire and it made a hell of a difference, i love driving without power steering, i get in a power steering car and drive like a drunk

engine build looks good i bet its gonna be fun as hell to drive.

you dont have to have a plug for the antenna motor either if you want you can just remove it and slap a piece of fiberglass on the bottom and it will create a layer under the whole and let dry fill with bondo a little bit till its even with the paint and then tape off around it and paint the whole it came out pretty decent for me.

hope that helps take some pics when its running.
                              ]

Comment

work just went from slow to insanity. but im about to purchase supertech valves for the h23 top end. (1mm oversize intake valves ftw)
                                I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                                X