Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Norcal Project cb7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unfortunately i kinda want to smoke h22's.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

been doing some small stuff to the car but nothing major. it is sitting on a set of 16's atm.

im writing a list of everything to do other than the motor and engine bay. i have lots

hopefully get it ready for next season!
      I <3 G60.

Comment

can't wait to see this done....

Comment

a project is never done..never ending.
          I <3 G60.

Comment

honed cylinders, honed wrist pins out, they were set at one tenth clearance so i punched them out to half thousandths.

next is deburring the cylinders, washing and put one piston/rod and crank in it an check the deck height and see whether or not it needs to be decked.

i knwo the rod is very slightly longer than stock so i hope it isnt an issue. im going to sell my beater BMW for funding of this project. im hoping to get this up before the next season of auto-x and racing in general. then im going to work on the JDM F20a thats in the project car right now. it'll be for a local member.
            I <3 G60.

Comment

here it is mocked up. instead of getting valvetrain im going to get the flywheel and clutch setup so that i can balance it with the damper and crankshaft. im going to go with an ACT 4 puck, it's not street driven so who cares about streetability!

the piston is sticking out of the hole a bit so it looks like im going to have more than 12:1 compression which is good because it's going to be on race gas.

I <3 G60.

Comment

You going to have enough piston-to-head clearance? If not, you going to have to modify the head for clearance on this or thicker headgasket? I believe it was .040" clearance you needed and the areas on the outer diameter of the piston top are the ones that have the smaller clearances typically. I'm sure your machine shop coworkers know that and will tell you to put clay strips there when checking.
                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
                  You going to have enough piston-to-head clearance? If not, you going to have to modify the head for clearance on this or thicker headgasket? I believe it was .040" clearance you needed and the areas on the outer diameter of the piston top are the ones that have the smaller clearances typically. I'm sure your machine shop coworkers know that and will tell you to put clay strips there when checking.
                  of course man, im not going to slap it together only to find out the crank doesnt turn over

i have a .060 and a virgin f22 head that hasnt been surfaced at all so im pretty much ready to modify. i do want to get as much compression as i can since it will only see race gas.
                  I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
                    Use a Tootsie Roll instead of clay.
                    STUFF FOR SALE!!!
                    1992 Accord Lx.
                    1992 Accord Ex.(SOLD)

Comment

Yeah tootise roll is prob cheaper too. Just take two of them put the on the piston with the wraper on.( keep the wraper on, the wraper has a waxy coating so it doesn't stick) Then put the head on with gasket and torque it down. Remove the head and stick the tootsies in the frezzer until they are good and solid. After there solid measure clearance with a mic.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
                      "The Turtle"
                      DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                        of course man, im not going to slap it together only to find out the crank doesnt turn over

i have a .060 and a virgin f22 head that hasnt been surfaced at all so im pretty much ready to modify. i do want to get as much compression as i can since it will only see race gas.
                        Don't rely on rotating assy just being able to turn over as it being OK. You can have enough clearance to do that, but when the engine gets hot and you take into account the metals of the rod, that is where problems occur.

I believe forged/steel rods are .040 inch minimal PTH clearance and aluminum rods need more. Specs should have been included with the pistons.
                        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

this looks like an amazing project! great job
                          Where in Nor-Cal are you located?

1992 Accord EX MT : CB#2
                          DIY OEM amber corners w/reflectors

Comment

Originally posted by The-Gr8-Ox View Post
                            this looks like an amazing project! great job
                            Where in Nor-Cal are you located?
                            in the 650.
                            I <3 G60.

Comment

finished ring end gap today. going to install the rings and cc each cylinder.
                              I <3 G60.

Comment

Those are some wicked pistons.
                                Gary A.K.A. Carter
                                [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Working...
                                X