Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

2.5" exhaust to 2.25 muffler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.5" exhaust to 2.25 muffler?

I just had a quick question about this. I am going for my exahust set up pretty soon and was doing some research as to what I wanted to get. I am going to get the 2.5" tubing from Kteller.com and just weld up a muffler of my choice. I found amuffler i'm really interested but the only problem is the inlet for is only 2.25". I know you can make it work but my question to you guys is if going with this set up will I comprmosie anything since i'm going to a smaller diameter into the muffler. How much larger if any would the difference be with going down in diameter as to going all the way through 2.5". Any help is really appreciated, I wanna use this muffler I found but not that badly if my performance will suffer.

Well you see thats the thing if your going allmotor and the motor is basically stock go 2.25. If you have turbo or nitrous go 2.5 for the nitrous and 3 for the turbo. Youll have issues as far as the downpipe being 3 inch becuase of our front crossmember unless yous get a tractionbar from collectiveracing they make it for our cars but you have to change the crankpully to a aftermarket smaller pully.

Make sure you get a 2.25 from ebay they sell the magnaflow mufflers there for a reasonable price or if your goin turbo get the 2.25 or the 3 muffler. Why change the piping if your gonna be bottle necked at the end. Get the oval es muffler aswell the one that looks stock but the only thing that seperates them from each other is the side in diameter of the exhaust. No need for flashy wide downright loud, annoying, cop attracting, ricer looking muffler. Thats why i went with the oval es muffler .

Comment

yea thats what got me so interested in this muffler. It looks just like the dual tip mufflers that came on the 9293's but just slightly bigger so you can hardly tell. I am going all motor for now with just the basics (I/H/E) for now.

Comment

Truthfully any baffled muffler will be a bottleneck. I recently ditched my 2.5" Twin Loop for a 2" regular muffler on straight 2.25" piping, and really, the only difference I feel is alllllllllllllllllllllllll the way at the top of the rev range. For 99% of your driving I don't think it will make much of a difference.

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

What if you were going for a more moderate/aggressive build?

Comment

If you're going to go for a more aggressive build such as adding a cam and such, I believe that 2.5" would be the optimal size for the piping.
            Always remember that only you can make your dreams a reality.

Never forget that your style is all that matters when it comes to your ride, but be respectful to others who don't share your vision.

Proud Alum of the University of Texas at Tyler, Class of 2010

Comment

The optimal setup would have the muffler inlet the same size as the exhaust, whatever size you choose to go with.

Black Housing DIY 1991 Wagon Morimoto Retrofit
              JDM One-Piece Headlight Lens Repair

Comment

Working...
              X