Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

272 delta cams.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

soo we had someone come over and help us doo the valvelash again.. first time.. u could barely hear anything.. chico drove it and it felt slow.. so we obviously knew they were too tight holding power..

now we went a lil looser than that.. somewhat noticeable tick.. but.. the power isnt there like it was the night we installed them.. what could be the cause??

i know it needs tuning but it ran like a bat out of hell, is it due to being so loose that there wasnt any restriction in rotation? does having it on the loose side hurt anything if we desided to loosen them up some more??

it pulls and pulls nice. but the owner misses how it felt the night of.. lol

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
      soo we had someone come over and help us doo the valvelash again.. first time.. u could barely hear anything.. chico drove it and it felt slow.. so we obviously knew they were too tight holding power..

now we went a lil looser than that.. somewhat noticeable tick.. but.. the power isnt there like it was the night we installed them.. what could be the cause??

i know it needs tuning but it ran like a bat out of hell, is it due to being so loose that there wasnt any restriction in rotation? does having it on the loose side hurt anything if we desided to loosen them up some more??

it pulls and pulls nice. but the owner misses how it felt the night of.. lol
      I told you that the ECU will compensate and fuck it up! Fucking Hondas. Did it get filthy rich on you?

Comment

heres the deal.. i really dont think its the ecu. i think its just the fact that now we have them within spec so theres actual resistance? or something..

i mean it runs ok.. (faster then stockers) but nothing like last nite..could it be because they were loose? (the rockers)

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

shhhhh bishes

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Update?

Comment

alright guys appreciate the help with the cams, they ared finally in, not ticking, tunned and pulling lika muther. (fully tuned) thanks to d112crzy basemap and wikked tunning. here is dome pictures, sorry for the quality, it was my sister's camera and a small memory card.

what a bi@tch to take off...

but it didnt come welded there.

i never seen carlos ( wikked ), sooo happy before.

sohc

dohc

SOLD-->10-09-06

MY 2000 PROTEGE

MY OLD CB7

THE SWAP

MY COROLLA TYPE-S

Comment

hahahah, nice pictures man. glad to hear your shit is running tight.

now go race abdiels autotragic.

Comment

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH breathes* OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH lol

PS.- this is wikked posting under chico's name.. lol

SOLD-->10-09-06

MY 2000 PROTEGE

MY OLD CB7

THE SWAP

MY COROLLA TYPE-S

Comment

you guys are strange....
                      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

your mom.

carlos is strange.

Comment

i agree carlos is strange...

SOLD-->10-09-06

MY 2000 PROTEGE

MY OLD CB7

THE SWAP

MY COROLLA TYPE-S

Comment

bumping an old thread back up.

260's in an f22b dohc.

Set valve lash at .11mm intake and .18mm exhaust.

It's loud as hell.

I seen bjaccord's post and he said he went looser than stock. We are still within the limits.

What I'm a little confused about is, if they're too tight, they make noise too?

Comment

Mine are very smooth, barely any kind of lope or anything. Every 5-8 seconds it will give a tiny little cam stutter.

I just did a valve adjustment yesterday with mine and put them at .006 intake and .008 exhaust.
                              Converted to MM I think thats .152 and .203, just on the loose side of stock.

L8r
                              Turbo H23a3 build has begun
                              01-01-2019

Comment

wow.
                                We tried tight, and loose.

Right now, I think its at .14 and .18? I don't remember exactly, but we did on the loose end and it was louder than the tighter.

Comment

Working...
                                X