Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

getting pistons for my h22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

getting pistons for my h22

I have decisded on getting some pistons for my H22. I want to take some vote on which people i should get them from. I want to go NA, and want to run 11:1 or higher. I have some sets that i nmight choose, give me a poll on what you guys think:

http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/perf...Engine/Pistons

Which ones wshould i get for my bottom end.
    1)92 Accord lx - I/E w/ valves, springs and retainers. H22 bored to h23 not goin in this summer.--Totaled
    2)92 Accord Ex - I/E and loving the sound.
    3)89 Integra Lx - loving the new old-school.

ITS NOT HOW MUCH HORSEPOWER YOU HAVE, ITS HOW MUCH POWER YOUR HORSES CAN MAKE
    Now serving the Red, White and Blue under the U.S.A.F
    Now Working at.......Dyess AFB

Its said 12.5:1 is prob the max you want to go and the safest for high compression if I remember. You can get type s pistons which will run your compression to 11.0:1 then mill the head and block a lil.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Definitely get the pistons from optionsautosalon.com or ICBMOTORSPORTS.COm http://yhst-1408381693991.stores.yah...rbb6tysp1.html

Comment

what is the h22 compression. 9:1? i dont know that much detail about the motor, and am doing my research now that i have time.
        1)92 Accord lx - I/E w/ valves, springs and retainers. H22 bored to h23 not goin in this summer.--Totaled

Comment

if its a usdm spec the compression ratio is 10.1 if its the jdm spec its 10.6.1 and the h22 type S which is the one i have is 11.1

Comment

As for the research do as much as you can your going to need it

Comment

i am lucky i have the time now a days. This weekend or next i will be able to put the motor in, too

Comment

Working...
              X