Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

throttle body spacer good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

throttle body spacer good?

does anybody on here have a throttle body spacer? i'm a little sketchy on buying one because in my thinking.... i thought you could just tighten up the throttle cable to make it do the same thing as a spacer but my friend says otherwise because he said "he did that and bought a spacer and it really helps" on his V6 accord. i didnt really notice anything diferrent by just riding in his car except for a pretty cool intake sound now lol.

i havent seen a spacer for our cars yet. but it doesnt effect the cable a rotor would but not a spacer
    www.2camcrew.com

Comment

summit racing offers one for sale for like $99 so i was thinking about buying it. i just thought it would effect the cable since its an inch thick. and it goes between the intake manifold and the throttle body. maybe im just picturing this different in my head (no sarcasm intended)
      Last edited by 93accordtuner; 05-29-2006, 05:26 PM. Reason: wrong information

Comment

And yet it's still punny! I wouldn't suspect it to really help out much. I'd personally invest in a h23 IM. I put one on 2 nights ago and my car runs soooo much better. and has a cool new sound when reving past 3k.
        WTB:
        88-01 prelude 2.0si (3g) si (4g,5g)
        OR
        90-93 Accord.

Has to be 5spd, has to be CHEAP. SUPER CHEAP. Will be in Indiana in February permanently and want a project car when I get settled in.

Comment

Spend that money on an IM gasket deal. Prob help a lot more than just that throttle body spacer.

The New-ish Ride
          My old Ride
          Hear my Vtak!!!
          MK3 Member #3
          I piss off people for fun.
          IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

whats the point of these spacers?

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

supposedly a lot more sensitive throttle response and it supposedly gives like 2hp LOL i just thought it might be a good little upgrade i dunno

Comment

it has a helix bore thingy they call it, on the inside its cut out to be swirled, it spins the air kinda like a tornado would. only its much better than that crap

Comment

i got one on mine right now..it's a helix one..i bought it off hubcaps.com or something like that it said 90-93 accord and then i found out that they didn't make it for ours they sent me a 94-97 accord one and i had to get a gasket and drill it to fit..

i'm also thinking about getting a h23 inake manifold/tb and take the spacer off.

it maybe gave it like 2 hp but i just bought it for the sound..

-chris
                  Last edited by 93accordCB7; 06-01-2006, 12:57 PM.

Comment

dude, 99 bucks can buy you a maxbore throttle body servicing or h23 upper plenum+tb
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by 93accordCB7
                      i got one on mine right now..it's a helix one..i bought it off hubcaps.com or something like that it said 90-93 accord and then i found out that they didn't make it for ours they sent me a 94-97 accord one and i had to get a gasket and drill it to fit..

i'm also thinking about getting a h23 inake manifold/tb and take the spacer off.

it maybe gave it like 2 hp but i just bought it for the sound..

-chris
                      i know this is a stupid question for me to be asking over the internet but what kinda sound does it make?

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Originally posted by Mike
                        i know this is a stupid question for me to be asking over the internet but what kinda sound does it make?
                        i bet a throaty deep noise when you step on it

Comment

well a CIA does that so y would u need that

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

well a CIA does that so y would u need that
                            thats true hmm no you got me confused lol

Comment

its really hard to describe it.

Comment

Working...
                              X