Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Opinion on cooling fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion on cooling fan

Not sure if this should be in swap section or not......

I'm doing my JDM H22 w/ LSD swap in a few weeks and I need a new A/c Fan (mine broke so I took it out). Was wondering if I should replace both fans or just get a more powerful fan to go where the a/c fan went. I definately want it to cool a lot better and I'm not sure which one to go with. Any suggestions or experience will be appreciated. I am also thinking of wiring it to a switch that I can control from the interior instead of the thermostat controlling it.
    Former Ride:
    93 Accord Coupe
    Jdm H22 w/ LSD
    Type S pistons and cams

New Ride:
    Bone stock 99 2.3CL
    Black on Black Leather
    5spd

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn."
    C. S. Lewis

You could go OEM and just replace one or just buy a set of FAL fans which are quite expensive.

The New-ish Ride
    My old Ride
    Hear my Vtak!!!
    MK3 Member #3
    I piss off people for fun.
    IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Originally posted by NAiL05
      You could go OEM and just replace one or just buy a set of FAL fans which are quite expensive.
      I have an H22...

My car constantly over heats. I wired the 2 fans together, bought a new cap, changed the thermostat, and bought new fluids...

It still over heats. Im use to it now, when It starts to overheat, I just crank up the heat on full blast and let all the hot air into my car...

The sacrafices I make for my Baby lol

-Lam

Comment

Originally posted by TeamST_racing
        I have an H22...

My car constantly over heats. I wired the 2 fans together, bought a new cap, changed the thermostat, and bought new fluids...

It still over heats. Im use to it now, when It starts to overheat, I just crank up the heat on full blast and let all the hot air into my car...

The sacrafices I make for my Baby lol

-Lam
        then something isnt right with your car. I have never had a problem with any of my accords... h22 or f22, I have 2 fans mounted, only one works, and that ONLY comes on when I manually flip the switch. I drive it every day here in FL, and the only time I have to turn the fan on is when I have been doing a good speed for a while, and then hit stop dead traffic. It'll be fine for a minute, then will start to get hot in the stop and go. Other than that, I have no problems, so you might want to check out whats up with your system.

Edit, as far as what you should do with your fans, I would just stay with one or two OEM ones.

Comment

Originally posted by aero
          then something isnt right with your car. I have never had a problem with any of my accords... h22 or f22, I have 2 fans mounted, only one works, and that ONLY comes on when I manually flip the switch. I drive it every day here in FL, and the only time I have to turn the fan on is when I have been doing a good speed for a while, and then hit stop dead traffic. It'll be fine for a minute, then will start to get hot in the stop and go. Other than that, I have no problems, so you might want to check out whats up with your system.

Edit, as far as what you should do with your fans, I would just stay with one or two OEM ones.
          Sorry for Hi-Jacking your post...

It only happens when Im sitting in traffic...then when I start to drive, it cools down almost instantly... "Baby, roll down the windows, I gotta turn the heat on" lol Its like 80 degrees around here now-adays too haha.

Comment

Idealy, you want to cool your motor down if you give it a work out daily...

Get two fans or pay for the FAL fan.
            The FAL are very good quality, and you have to pay for quality, IMO anyways...

Headgaskets, exhaust manifolds like:

lol!

edit:FAL fans are very simple to wire...

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
            1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

did some searching and I could only find fal fans for civics and integras...will these fit and if they will, would it be better than the stock fan since it's made for a 1.6l motor?
              Former Ride:
              93 Accord Coupe
              Jdm H22 w/ LSD
              Type S pistons and cams

New Ride:
              Bone stock 99 2.3CL
              Black on Black Leather
              5spd

C. S. Lewis

Comment

does anyone know the stock diameter of the a/c fan (the one on the pass side)? I searched a little and couldn't find it. I threw away my old one because the motor was bad and it was cracked so I don't have one to measure.
                Former Ride:
                93 Accord Coupe
                Jdm H22 w/ LSD
                Type S pistons and cams

New Ride:
                Bone stock 99 2.3CL
                Black on Black Leather
                5spd

C. S. Lewis

Comment

Hmm.
                  I was under the impression FAL at least crossed into the Accord market...

Well, i suppose need to find one that has the same dimensions, or size to fit:
                  check out here:http://www.prostreetonline.com/buy/f..._profile_fans/

1990 Accord Lx F22a1(Daily) SOLD - will be missed
                  1990 Prelude Si B21a1 (Fun car!)

Comment

Originally posted by TeamST_racing
                    Sorry for Hi-Jacking your post...

It only happens when Im sitting in traffic...then when I start to drive, it cools down almost instantly... "Baby, roll down the windows, I gotta turn the heat on" lol Its like 80 degrees around here now-adays too haha.

you might want to replace your thermostat with an OEM one if you havent done it....also you have to bleed the system out too you pob have air in the system

Comment

I ended up buying a FAL sirrocco dual fan for my setup. That was 218.00 shipped along with my exhaust cutout from Summit.
                      Former Ride:
                      93 Accord Coupe
                      Jdm H22 w/ LSD
                      Type S pistons and cams

New Ride:
                      Bone stock 99 2.3CL
                      Black on Black Leather
                      5spd

C. S. Lewis

Comment

Could have got two FAL fans from a vendor on honda-tech for like $60 each. They aren't expensive you guys are just looking in the wrong places.
                        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

I had another hookup on ebay for 25 bucks for the slimfans i got and 20 for shipping.

Comment

Well, I'm happy with what I got. FAL fans from prostreetonline.com were like 160 for one plus shipping. My dual fan from summit was 180. I think it's a decent deal.
                            Former Ride:
                            93 Accord Coupe
                            Jdm H22 w/ LSD
                            Type S pistons and cams

New Ride:
                            Bone stock 99 2.3CL
                            Black on Black Leather
                            5spd

C. S. Lewis

Comment

well i have to say i got FAL dual fans witha beck-arnley fail safe thermostat with new samco hoses and a koyo racing radiator. the cooling is insane. and the fans are amazing. the fans are def worth the money w/o a doubt. if i compare the OEM ones to the FAL....oem sucks. heavy, bulky, inefficient. and i just got a universal dual FAL...i had to cut part of the shroud to make it fit but that was like 5min worth of work
                              My members ride thread

Comment

Working...
                              X