Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Last delta cam post ever!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last delta cam post ever!!

I just spoke directly to delta cams this morning. For anyone who is worried that there cams will break valves or screw things up in general I was told by the person this morning that it will work with all stock components and that’s what makes them awesome.

260 regrind: The 260 is best for people looking to have a relatively stock setup. No need to upgrade fuel or really anything. Valves will need to be adjusted after install. Fuel economy will remain mostly the same. 10-15% power increase is to be expected, more if you have the right bolt ons.

272 regrind: More aggressive, will make your idle a little funny. Not the best for gas mileage, but perfect for those running a turbo setup or an all motor buildup. Expect anywhere from 15-20% power increase.

The cost for either will be about 94 dollars including shipping back to you. Shipping there is not included. It will take a total of about 2 weeks with shipping from the time you send it out until you get it back. It does not matter what cam you send them but it cannot be from vtec motors. It most be an a1, a4, a6 cam. I am sure it is different for those running h22's.

If there are any questions beyond this contact delta cams directly
    Toll Free: 1.800.562.5500
    sales@deltacam.com
    Or
    www.deltacam.com

Only reason I decided to post this is because I was the biggest skeptic out there but now I will be sending a cam to them for a 260 regrind.

Hope this helps convince everyone that it is worth it.
    No longer working on the cb. To much time and money has been put into it. Check my for sale thread where the whole car will be parted out.

so were can people like me that have a vtec cam get a 272 for that price?

Comment

Call them up and see what they say I am sure they can still do something for you. Its just they dont want you pulling a vtec cam and trying to put it in a non vtec motor.
      No longer working on the cb. To much time and money has been put into it. Check my for sale thread where the whole car will be parted out.

Comment

Good stuff man...

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

The Delta 272 regrind is more cam than most people on here need. You have to have more mods then just intake, header, exhaust to take advantage of this camshaft as I have it and have experienced it. It will change your idle, seems to like 900-1000 rpm for an idle (smooths out then, otherwise it feels like the engine will die out any lower than that).

In other words, I personally would suggest a 260 grind for those with just intake, header and exhaust. If you have more mods, then perhaps the 272 grind is for you. I also would suggest a chipped ECU for it as well, fuel psi regulator, fuel psi gauge and adjustable cam gear minimal.
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Delta does not do vtac grinds im sorry guys. They might make you a non vtac cam for your h22a, you would have to ask

and all say it again do not get the 272 regrind if you plab to turbocharge you sohc. You will lack cam adjustments to utilize your turbo.
            Last edited by CBL; 04-03-2006, 01:39 PM.

Comment

nice post bro

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
              "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
              "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Very nice. 260 Regrind FTW!! I <3 Mine.
                My Member's Ride Thread, Comments Welcome!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DjSpeedy
                  272 regrind: More aggressive, will make your idle a little funny. Not the best for gas mileage, but perfect for those running a turbo setup or an all motor buildup. Expect anywhere from 15-20% power increase.
                  This makes absolutely no sense. The 272 is perfect for BOTH all motor and turbo setups? I mean I have heard of people running them on turbo setups, but I would assume it was a mild enough cam to not have a lot of overlap, but cisco says it's an agressive cam... Anyone care to explain this hypocricy?
                  Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

No hypocracy. If you build your motor all the way top to bottom than yeah a 272 will be a good idea. If you have a turbo I would assume (we know what happens when one assumes) That the person with the turbo would also have done it right and built up their motors to handle boost. Hence a 272 would be better for them as well. IF you are running a mostly stock or minor bolt on setup than a 260 will be awesome and the power should be sick as well.

No need to make this more diffucult than it is:

260 good for most with daily drivers wanting a little more "pep"

272 good for the select few who truly build up everything the right way

Comment

I understand, but allmotor cams have overlap, and a good bit of it, turbo cams have barely any overlap, i mean the cam specs are completely different with the 2. I'll find you examples of every companys allmotor cam vs. turbo cam
                      Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Crower h23 turbo cam- Intake 245/440 Exhaust 245/440
                        Crower h23 Allmotor cam- Intake 255/451 Exhaust 255/451
                        Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

I'm just saying that the cam styles are different, but if it is a good cam for turbo, I might use it and save the $420 for crower h23 cams
                          Shift_BOOST

BOOM!

Comment

Save your money. Your best bet is to call tell them what setup you are running and see what they say. Also if you didn't upgrade the valvetrain than the crower will likely break stuff. The reason you dont need to upgrade with delta is
                            a: they dont put as much loft on the cam as some other companies do
                            b: it is still the same metal, not some super hard steel that will bitchslap your valves and make them cry to their momma.

Not that the other stuff is bad, but for most people the delta setup is going to be the best bet. Put a set in your h23, if you dont like then sell them off you are going to get your money back for them anyway. There is a reason their cams are in super high demand and I would say it is because they are the most compatable with every day drivers.

Comment

Anyone else think this should be stickied?

Comment

Working...
                              X