Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

J's Racing Intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J's Racing Intake

jdmkid just got a j's racing intake...

I wonder which one will perform better, shane's big ass cone filter or Ryan's jdm intake?
    Last edited by HondaFan81; 03-06-2006, 12:36 AM.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Originally posted by wed3k
    jdmkid just got a j's racing intake...

I wonder which one will perform better, shane's big ass cone filter or Ryan's jdm intake?
    one way to find out. he should let me borrow his when i go dyno.

but considering all the racecar guys are using velocity stacks, im gonna assume mine will.

Comment

whyd they change my title?
      I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k
        whyd they change my title?
        what did it say? when i saw it, it was titled like it is right now. you must have mentioned a whale's penis.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
          what did it say? when i saw it, it was titled like it is right now. you must have mentioned a whale's penis.
          lol, thats exactly what it was called, lol.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

yup haha, but i really wonder how my custom cold air will perform :o
            I <3 G60.

Comment

interesting...I know the J's stuff is all the rage with the s2k guys

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
              "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
              "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

I have been looking at Js and the cheap knock-off version also: but was under the impression that the "which makes more power" issue was settled long ago with the winner being a modded airbox.
                I like the Js because it is alot of bling, and also SR, so no worries with hydolock.
                ?s, comments?

- Zipcreature
                Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

I had the J's on my ITR and after switching back and forth from the J's to a K&N drop-in they both felt real close in power so I decided to dyno my car with both on and the results were very close

Comment

wtf?^^ your name, wtf.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Man I wanted to get this. I thought I'd be the first. Oh well. I guess tell him to let us know how the SOTP dyno goes......or give it to DrLove'sKuDang.
                      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by zipcreature
                        I have been looking at Js and the cheap knock-off version also: but was under the impression that the "which makes more power" issue was settled long ago with the winner being a modded airbox.
                        I like the Js because it is alot of bling, and also SR, so no worries with hydolock.
                        ?s, comments?

- Zipcreature
                        i agree about making power with a sr. thats why i went with my setup. i would prefer the additional topend of a cai, but hydrolocking is always a fear. ive seen a bunch of dyno chrts from h-t, and a regular aem cai made more than the j's intake. i might have been able to make more if i used a cai, but since i spent money on the velocity stack already, im using it.

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy
                          wtf?^^ your name, wtf.
                          Its something different

Comment

Originally posted by DrLove'sKuDang
                            i would prefer the additional topend of a cai...
                            You actually have more topend with a SRI vs a CAI... the CAI is better for low end...

and BTW this thread is totally lame without pics....
                            RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

Originally posted by ZigenBallZ
                              You actually have more topend with a SRI vs a CAI... the CAI is better for low end...

and BTW this thread is totally lame without pics....
                              i thought sri's were good for lowend/throttle response. and the cai was better for high since it has a chance to build up velocity while already at a higher speed.

all i know is, from a roll, when i stepped on it with a cai, it lagged. sri, and most definetly now...not at all.

and intakes in question.

vstack

vs.

j's/passwordjdm/whale penis

Comment

Working...
                              X