Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Switch from CAI to SR *video*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switch from CAI to SR *video*

I thought there was a thread where we were discussing this the past few days...maybe it got merged or deleted. Anyway we were discussing whether to go CAI or SR. It's been discussed so many times before the thread probably got locked. Anyhow I decided to try SR out for a while.
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...38761065752744
    My pipe was a full CAI, but I cut it for the bypass, and I simply moved the filter to where the bypass was. Both startups in the vid were on a cold engine. So far I really like SR!

I really couldn't get a feel for the engine with the CAI, the SR has given me more feedback (both audible and felt) which allows me to push limits further. I have noticed that with the SR I climb into the upper rpms faster. Less torque? It may be true, I can't say yet. What I like is that I get "the growl" sooner and longer. That and now I don't need to stress about water "issues".

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
    where you been, is something wrong?
    i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

You exhaust sounds like sex. I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by 91accordwagon
      You exhaust sounds like sex. I love it.
      I agree. I can't think of anything that sounds better.
      Raceline USA

Comment

You're all making me blush

That's the WS2 you are hearing.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
        where you been, is something wrong?
        i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

yeah i saw
          Raceline USA

Comment

cool video... yeah i thought about that i have the same setup becaue of the rain here in florida... i felt a bit of power loss with the bypass valve on ....i might try the short ram out and see if i like it....

Comment

i have an aem short ram and i like it here is a vid or two of my car inside and out...
              also i have a 4-2-1 header,stock cat is still on there,glass pack,and no name muffler...
              Outside(muffler shot)
              Click here to watch video7147
              Inside
              Click here to watch fooling-around53

not to thread jack or anything.

Comment

hahahha ur sr sounds like its sneezing... god bless you!! sike very nice =) love the sound man
                Frost White CB7 Crew #28
                RIP cb7

99 taffeta white ej8

Comment

ya I did the ghetto SR and the lil sneeze sound is cool i love that. The noise from the SR is great. Nice exhaust setup.

Go Honda! Go 4th Gens!

Comment

I'm in my school library so forgive me for asking this as I don't have volume. Is the sound with the SR the same as with the constant drone of the cold air? Mine cold-air is through the body where the battery used to be and it sounds like a huge vacuum leak. Kind of thinking about going to SR myself so I won't feel so bad about getting a K&N.
                    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

yeah of cousre itll sound liek a vacuum leak, its drawin in air and the only thing stopping it is the filter, depending on what kind of filter itll sound a lil different, i have the ractive heat shield so at ilde its not too loud, and it doesnt sneeze too much =) lol
                      Frost White CB7 Crew #28
                      RIP cb7

99 taffeta white ej8

Comment

sounds great with the SR man, i love that little 'burble' that you hear..its great!!

Comment

Does the intake affect the exhaust tone?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

I had sr w/ a k&n filter. It was ok. Yesterday, I installed an APEX'i Power Intake. It's freakin awesome. It sounds so good. You can really hear the air being sucked into the funnel. I noticed faster throttle response compared to my k&n. It must be the dual funnel design.
                            Raceline USA

Comment

Originally posted by accordaffair
                              I thought there was a thread where we were discussing this the past few days...maybe it got merged or deleted. Anyway we were discussing whether to go CAI or SR. It's been discussed so many times before the thread probably got locked. Anyhow I decided to try SR out for a while.
                              http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...38761065752744
                              My pipe was a full CAI, but I cut it for the bypass, and I simply moved the filter to where the bypass was. Both startups in the vid were on a cold engine. So far I really like SR!

I really couldn't get a feel for the engine with the CAI, the SR has given me more feedback (both audible and felt) which allows me to push limits further. I have noticed that with the SR I climb into the upper rpms faster. Less torque? It may be true, I can't say yet. What I like is that I get "the growl" sooner and longer. That and now I don't need to stress about water "issues".
                              I was one of the member's posting on that thread. You should try it without the bypass valve in the tube. It will save your engine, but only when it is raining. I always had mine off unless there was a high chance of rain. It made a huge difference in throttle response and power. That is probably why most cold air guys on here disagree with me. I just bought another 6" silicone sleeve from AEM when I bought the intake. Took the valve off and put that on.
                              The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Working...
                              X