Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

modifying my DC header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

modifying my DC header

Im thinking about modifying my DC header so that it will work with my LX. you know the 02 bung and such. I might go get this exhaust shop i know to weld a bung on instead of buying a new or used flex pipe now my questions are

P.S. they are charging $40.00

go for it?
    bad idea?
    will it weaken the integrity of the header?
    would you do it providing you were given a DC header for free?

-sean
    Members ride 15.927 @ 86.76 (f22a1)

Hit the clutch Hit the gear Hit the gas and i'm GONE>>>
    Arcadia Green Crew #10

Originally posted by 93twodoorLX
    Im thinking about modifying my DC header so that it will work with my LX. you know the 02 bung and such. I might go get this exhaust shop i know to weld a bung on instead of buying a new or used flex pipe now my questions are

P.S. they are charging $40.00

go for it?
    bad idea?
    will it weaken the integrity of the header?
    would you do it providing you were given a DC header for free?

-sean
    Do what you gotta do. Just get a plug for the other end of the header to plug the down-pipe O2 sensor bung. Heck put some anti-seize on the plug, so you can remove it later if you wish to get a wideband on it
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

why dont you just relocate the sensor by extending the wires! thats all you gotta do
      To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all #CB7Life

Comment

soy you are so smart. I think its opne wire how hard is it to extend

Comment

What I did for my H22 swap was made a plug in extender. Just go to a j/y cut the 02 male and female plugs and solder them together. Of course use enough wire to reach from the original plug to the back of your motor. Worked great for me. You could just extend the wires also like soy said.

Member's Ride

Comment

Working...
          X