Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Shortram Intake WITH cold air...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shortram Intake WITH cold air...

well im sure its been done many times, but ive never seen it personally. ive thought about doing it before, but i actually will this time.

basically im going to get a filter/shield like this...

stick that on the end of my current sr intake and use a 4" black gutterhose/tube, fasten it to the end... down through the hole for the cai, and then have it aimed out towards the front of the car. its not going to produce any ramair effect, but it will provide the coldest of airs directly to the filter, eventhough its placed inside the enginebay.

ill post a pic asap. the filter is on its way as we speak.

anything to go that much faster... gotta love it...

if thats ur plan.. wheres the thermotec in ur engine bay boye!!!
    thermotec owns all!!!

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
      anything to go that much faster... gotta love it...

if thats ur plan.. wheres the thermotec in ur engine bay boye!!!
      thermotec owns all!!!
      faster is always good. and its a very cheap mod, so what the fuck right... and i DO have thermotec header wrap althought its kinda falling apart. i dont care though, its all coming off when i get my new header. then ill just have a stock heat shield bolted onto it, to hide it from the cops.

Comment

how bout the intake sleeve every put thought into that? and if ur removing the thermotec from the top part.. doesnt mean u cant wrap the beginning of the downpipe where the po-po wont see it

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

um... no

sry to say but header wrap for a street driven car is just going to cook them from the inside out and crack/warp etc. your best off with a sleeve on the intake, or better yet do what I did and cut-out the foglight holes for better positive presure on my CAI. peace

Comment

im not found of those heat shields.....yea it takes away some of the heat but its not getting as much air so it just evens out again (IMO)

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

I bet this works about as well as taking your stock intake, removing the resonator, and putting in a performance OE style filter
              Originally posted by DoctorCipher
              ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

I kinda had the same idea with the short ram. but my idea is making a heat shield and then routing some sort of piping near the fender for a cold air effect. maybe not the best idea but I'm liking it that way the most.
                always out numbered never out gunned..

Comment

yeah i used to have that filter. But i had the CF one from ractive. It was nice.

Good luck!

Comment

i need something like that... the DIY short ram just gets heatsoaked after a while.

Comment

look how much surface area it takes off. thats got to be completely pointless, the less surface area the less total air yoru getting it doesnt matter if its cold if its 10% of waht you could have.
                      ]

Comment

This is being done to my car... Personally I think it looks ghetto but I dont see the sense it paying for an aem v2 just to trash it when I get the turbo put on.
                        Oil leak?What oil leak? That's just sweat from all that horsepower!

Applied knowledge is power!

NITROUS FOR YOUR BODY

BIRTHDAYS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER
                        registration is free

Comment

well i guess we'll find out it it works when i get retuned in a couple weeks.

about the headerwrap, it will be taken off soon enough. and using a stock intake with an aftermarket filter is definetly not the same. im using a 3" pipe, not a smaller ribbed stock arm.

Comment

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
                            look how much surface area it takes off. thats got to be completely pointless, the less surface area the less total air yoru getting it doesnt matter if its cold if its 10% of waht you could have.
                            thats exactly wat im talking about it think its pointless...its prob worse the cuz amount of heat ur ruducing probleby isnt even enough to make up for the the amount of air consumtion ur losing......if u wana diy sumtin just make a duct from the grill to the intake that way ur getting a ram air effect and its cold
                            Last edited by Mike; 12-26-2005, 07:46 PM.

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

oo yea and im sry im not tryin to be an asshole ... let me stait that fact that wat i just said is (IMO) and good luck with it lol its a cool idea i just dont see it working that well
                              Last edited by Mike; 12-26-2005, 07:48 PM.

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Working...
                              X