Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

ITBs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ITBs

does anyone know where to get some itbs? and whats the difficulty of the install on these?

http://www.twminduction.com/Home/Home-FR.html

Installation:
    http://www.twminduction.com/ThrottleBody/2000_inst.html
    Magnaflow exhaust for cb7's for sale

Comment

"Individual Throttle Body" you need Hondata or AEM/etc ECU and FUEL UP "G" BUILT VALVE TRAIN /ETC highly recomend wideband AIR/FUEL system and so on your looking at 1500/1800 for "ITB" not including the rest of listed

Comment

501accord, clear your PM box. thanks
        -Mark-
        CB7
        CD5

And if i could swim I'd swim out to you in the ocean
        Swim out to where you were floating in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by starkrice
          "Individual Throttle Body" you need Hondata or AEM/etc ECU and FUEL UP "G" BUILT VALVE TRAIN /ETC highly recomend wideband AIR/FUEL system and so on your looking at 1500/1800 for "ITB" not including the rest of listed
          u might want to reconsider how ur saying things.. may confuse him a bit..

1.you would be BETTER off using standalone fuel management.. but they are those that have used piggyback systems.
          2.u dont need a built valvetrain to run itbs.. thats only if ur gonna rev out of ur normal rev range.. which incase ud need stronger camshafts for anyway.
          3.wideband is recommend.. but u can go to a dyno facility and use theres at the dyno
          4.1,500-1,800.. = way too much

intake manifold flange=45shipped
          runners shaped and welded=50
          2ft of 2ply silicion couplers=20
          Honda Cbr itbs=100-150
          vacumn canister (diy)=20
          few ft of vac line=10
          vacumn gauge=40
          chipped p06=130
          chip burner=80
          wideband=279shipped

Grand total=824 so ur estimate is way off..

Praise The Lowered...

Comment

yo man im actually selling a couple sets of the throttle bodies themselves...i was thinking about using them for an itb set up on my accord, but went FI instead...

let me know if u like either, just pm me
            My baby laying down some power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_Q8HSIyqA

Comment

Originally posted by starkrice
              definitely not true, i know of a few guys that have ran ITB's on uberdata

info on almost all ITB's can be found here.
              http://www.homemadeturbo.com/forum/i...?topic=39723.0

Comment

crome would be better than both uberdata and hondata for ITB's. Crome features a map based value dependent on TPS and RPM. If you don't know much about ITB's then understand that even at partial throttle your riding 0 vac so a RPM vs load based ecu would think you were WOT and dump in the full set for that section even tho your at partial throttle and just cruising. Crome solves this.
                Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

[QUOTE=90boostdaccord]definitely not true, i know of a few guys that have ran ITB's on uberdata

what a post wore i never side he had to run hondata or aem "ETC ETC ETC" just examples of what he is geting to and that link was cool "midnite racer x" crome would be the best resalt for the ITBs agreed

Comment

buy mine!!!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=36121
                    1991 Honda Accord Ex
                    Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

2003 BMW 330I Sport.....Daily Hustler....

Road Race #1
                    Totoro Squad #2

Comment

Originally posted by WiKKeDV16
                      u might want to reconsider how ur saying things.. may confuse him a bit..

intake manifold flange=45shipped
                      runners shaped and welded=50
                      2ft of 2ply silicion couplers=20
                      Honda Cbr itbs=100-150
                      vacumn canister (diy)=20
                      few ft of vac line=10
                      vacumn gauge=40
                      chipped p06=130
                      chip burner=80
                      wideband=279shipped

Grand total=824 so ur estimate is way off..
                      Is this setup as good as the one from TWM Induction? There probably is no right or wrong answer but what is your opinion?
                      Magnaflow exhaust for cb7's for sale

Comment

Originally posted by Accordpwnz0r
                        Is this setup as good as the one from TWM Induction? There probably is no right or wrong answer but what is your opinion?
                        if you're asking me, I honestly have no idea which setup is better, I assume the TWM induction would be a better setup over all.....simply because of the way that they are designed...the throttle rotor is attached to a bar that opens each butterfly with precision, and it is run with tps, as seen in pic, not to mention that they sound beefy as far as what I heard on scotts car....
                        1991 Honda Accord Ex
                        Pics of the beast!

::::198.4 WHP and 146.6 WTQ Currently weighing in at 2700lbs...best time: 14.8@92mph::::

Road Race #1
                        Totoro Squad #2

Comment

Speaking from experience... not, "I know someones aunt's boyfriend's sister's ex father-in-law, had a set..." type stuff.

ITBs are a pain in the ass. I don't care what people "claim", they are very hard to dial in. I am not saying impossible in any way, but there is more to making a set work than what they are worth in my opinion.

I hear all kinds of people "claim" they just bolted their ITBs up and things ran just fine. I will tell you straight that this is complete BULLSHIT. What those people are not saying is that they are willing to sacrifice good driveability for overall gains. This is fine for a race car but not a street car.

Getting a set of ITBs to be streetable is a challenge. It has taken a lot of street tuning just to get the "touchiness" of ITBs to become tolerable.

Comment

Originally posted by 91hybridaccord
                            yours are sick. well worth the money. and they even have a carbon fiber touch to them too. good luck selling them.

Comment

Originally posted by 2point6
                              Speaking from experience... not, "I know someones aunt's boyfriend's sister's ex father-in-law, had a set..." type stuff.

ITBs are a pain in the ass. I don't care what people "claim", they are very hard to dial in. I am not saying impossible in any way, but there is more to making a set work than what they are worth in my opinion.

I hear all kinds of people "claim" they just bolted their ITBs up and things ran just fine. I will tell you straight that this is complete BULLSHIT. What those people are not saying is that they are willing to sacrifice good driveability for overall gains. This is fine for a race car but not a street car.

Getting a set of ITBs to be streetable is a challenge. It has taken a lot of street tuning just to get the "touchiness" of ITBs to become tolerable.
                              Another reason why I am selling mine!!
                              1991 Honda Accord Ex
                              Pics of the beast!

Road Race #1
                              Totoro Squad #2

Comment

Working...
                              X