Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

CLUTCH (problem i think)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CLUTCH (problem i think)

ok i just got the car out the shop, it was getting the brakes done, stage 3 clutch, and axles all brand new,H22 Flywheel, oh and the Power Steering works good now..... Everything came out good except i think there might be a problem with the clutch. When im letting go of the clutch the car starts to shake, the mechanic said its not a stock clutch and that im gonna feel that till the clutch brakes in cause of the clutch being strong, i dont know what this problem is, do u guys think its normal or can it be that the clutch gotta be adjusted? thanks for ya help
    Last edited by RALPH0924; 12-06-2005, 11:30 AM.

I believe its the Stage 3 Clutch.
    Dont think its practical for everyday driving.
    But follow the bleeding procedures that came with the packaging,
    break it in and then tell us your experience.

FYI: its going to feel waay different than your stock clutch.

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE
      I believe its the Stage 3 Clutch.
      Dont think its practical for everyday driving.
      But follow the bleeding procedures that came with the packaging,
      break it in and then tell us your experience.

FYI: its going to feel waay different than your stock clutch.

yeah thats what the mechanic was telling me, but DAM u cant be letting it go to high cause that shit will jump like crazy, Oh well, let me give it some time to break in, and lets see what happens, Yo i got that Power Steering fixed, Luis-br0nxfinest drove it, and maybe he can tell you that whatever was wrong with it, i just fixed ,except for the bodywork!!! i just bought a new car a White 1998 Honda Accord EX so its hard to give both of them what u want for it at the same time.

Comment

Most aftermarket clutch companies state that their Stage 2 or Stage 3 Clutch kits will have chatter on take off, even after break in. Which clutch brand is it?

Comment

Originally posted by NoSloCB7
          Most aftermarket clutch companies state that their Stage 2 or Stage 3 Clutch kits will have chatter on take off, even after break in. Which clutch brand is it?

its a ClutchMaster, can this affect my axles at all?

Comment

Yeah..there will be some chatter. No it won't effect your axels unless your pushing some serious HP through them, or if you continously dump the clutch

Comment

Originally posted by RALPH0924
              Yo i got that Power Steering fixed, Luis-br0nxfinest drove it, and maybe he can tell you that whatever was wrong with it, i just fixed ,except for the bodywork!!!
              Are the check engine lights gone?
              PM a price on the CB.

Comment

Originally posted by JaK FRoSTWhiTE
                Are the check engine lights gone?
                PM a price on the CB.

PMed U!!!!

Comment

is the F22 and the H22 flywheel the same or is there one better than the other?

Comment

My stage 1 chatters all the time in traffic or if I take too long to let the clutch out (as in too slowly). Mechanic said it was because of my light flywheel. It's annoying, but as long as it doesn't break anything I'm fine
                    Originally posted by DoctorCipher
                    ...the beginner forum was created to provide a place for all the stupid ass questions to pile up and fester, kind of like huge globs of mayonnaise left in the sun for weeks at a time.

Comment

we'll i just bought the o2 sensor yesterday, Hopefully check engine light will come off today. so waiting on that and a couple of other adjustments on the car, Bodywork is next and ill be driving around a nice decent Cb7!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X