Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

260 wheel horse power achieved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

260 wheel horse power achieved

My set up as of 12/03/05:

Car: 1990 Accord 4 door Lx

Engine Block: '93 H22a "bored and stroked" to 2.44ltrs of displacement built by Collective Racing. Custom 98mm Crank, 89mm Darton sleeves, Crower Pro-billet rods, 12/1 compression 89mm JE pistons, Prodrive oil pump, ATR crank pulley, manual timing belt tensioner conversion, ARP main studs.

Cylinder head: Portwork by Collective Racing, Web Cams camshafts (89/267), Web Cams springs and Titainium retainers, ITR LMAs, 50mm TWM ITBs, Hondata intake manifold gasket, RC engineering 440cc Fuel injectors, STR cam seal, STR cam gears, RMF 4-1 header, ARP head studs, Cometic head gasket.

Transmission: T2T4, prodrive 4.7 FD, carbon synchros

Misc: NGK wires, NepTune engine management, 2 1/2" crunch bent exaust

I did a cylinder leakage test on 12/02/05 which was 3% across the board. Compression test was 240Psi +/- 5psi across the board. This engine to date has (still, due to lack of driving recently) 56K miles on it.

solid line = 2nd RMF header dotted line = first RMF header

I am posting in lieu of recent "controversy" over mods done to my car. I have remained silent about recent events as to let the figures and the actions of individuals involved speak for themselves.

Today at Locash Racing, Joe tested (bolt on only) my new version of a RMF header built for my car. I will only be comparing this new header to the previous RMF header.

This header looks very similiar to the EG race header that Randy has pictured at IPH, however it is fitted to my car. Seat of the pants felt absolutely KILLER!

Randy and I drove the car to Locash racing for a PRELIMINARY TEST. NO FUEL TUNING WAS DONE. The header made more peak HP and peak TQ than his last design. The intake temps were controlled by Joe and he tried to keep them as close to the previous testing temps as possible. I believe todays intake temps were slightly higher than before. Also, the A/F was really rich.

This header peaked out at 260hp and 201tq (open header). The header is not 100% finished and this test was only to serve as "data gathering" for Randy. A few changes are to be made and at that point the header will then be tuned with a full exaust.

I will post more information as soon as I recieve it from Locash.

I want to thank Randy for his help on this project and Joe Sawyer for the use of his tuning facility. :thumbup:

That is awesome!!! Congratulations!!!

Comment

That is simply amazing!!!
      awsome work man
      ~~~~~~~

Comment

great work dude.....looks like u got a sweet build-up i can only imagine what the final numbers are gonna be hehehehe yey
        My members ride thread

Comment

Originally posted by NoSloCB7
          That is awesome!!! Congratulations!!!
          Hell yes. Major congrats.

This is probably against the rules, but how much did all that cost? Parts and labor if you could. I'm just looking for ballpark numbers.

Thanks.

Again, WOW, amazing work!
          2DAO (2 Door Accord Owner)
          JDM H22 DOHC 200/161 2.2L
          My members ride: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=20385

Comment

yeah very nice

Comment

ive noticed that u oviosly know wat ur doing but im jus wondering y ur using a crush bent exhuast?

Old Ride-New Ride

Comment

Your my hero man keep up the good work
                Two Toned CB7 crew #1

Comment

man good shit. keep up the great work. is 300 whp in your future?

Comment

congrats scott hope to see it run again soon.my head from my h22 will be coming down to you this next summer for a full build man youre the only one id trust touching my motor lol.again great job.
                    im finally back in a cb7 its like coming home.lol
                    93 ex accord coupe h22 SOLD
                    90 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                    91 se accord 4 door SOLD
                    92 lx accord coupe SOLD
                    93 ex accord 4 door SOLD
                    92 ex accord 4 door h22 SOLD
                    93 ex accord 4 door auto SOLD
                    92 ex accord coupe auto

Comment

Originally posted by pwrusr
                      That is simply amazing!!!
                      awsome work man
                      Could'nt have said it better... Absolutly amazing..

Comment

"There goes my hero...!"

- Zipcreature
                        Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

great work, pretty amazing
                          Audi A4 2.8 Quattro Sport

Comment

Always pushing the envelope, do you ever give up?? Keep it up.
                            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

howcome no mandrel bent exhaust do you just run open header when it matters?
                              www.2camcrew.com

Comment

Working...
                              X