Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Your opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your opinions

Ok guys i posted before and decided on a 2.5" crush bent exhaust with an Apexi N1 muffler but after i put my header on i have a really freakin raspy exhuast soooo. I need your opinions..
    What size Crush bent exhaust should i get? I would like to get the Evo style muffler but i don't know what size exhaust i should get.. I hate raspy exhuast with a passion, so what size should i get and sound deep and nice?? help me out guys.. I will be getting it the 15th..
    R.I.P. Landon Hilburn 06-27-08

Soon to enter the family.
    CG Coupe!

92 Accord EX Sedan (Newest project)

Members ride thread 92 EX Sedan
    Members ride thread old 91 LX Coupe

What else do you have in the exhaust? Cat? Is it high flow? silencer? You need to include some details maing!

- Zipcreature
    Awesome!

CB7. F22A. 5spd. CB7. Exedy. Chromoly. AEM. DCSports. Apexi. Progress Group. AGX. Suspension Techniques. Viberant. Goodridge. Facebook

Comment

stock exhaust besides my header

CG Coupe!

Comment

unless your going turbo 2.5 is enough. hmm, uneducated on what the raspy-ness could be, maybe its just your imagination?

Comment

ok raspy-ness to me is where it sounds like strait pipes on a 4banger.... the ear splitting noise

CG Coupe!

Comment

Just changing the muffler will solve most of it. N1's aren't for quiet.

1) The bigger the muffler the quieter the sound

2) Big resonator = resonance (aka raspiness) killer

3) crush bent = poo poo

In my opinion, you would be better off going with 2.25" mandrel bent system than you would with 2.5" crush bent (the mandrel bent corners shouldn't be THAT expensive if you aren't already getting ripped off). Even though the increased diameter will offset the poor flow around the corners somewhat, I have my doubts as to whether or not it would be as efficient. I don't have computational fluid dynamics, a flow bench or a wind tunnel in front of me, so I can't say for sure, but the crush bends would cause substantial turbulence, especially at high exhaust velocities, interfering with smooth gas flow.

4)Turbulent air is loud, robs performance and is poo poo.
            The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

I've seen 2-3 people talking about Crush bent exhaust. As if it were better than mandrel bent exhaust. just get a SS mandrel bent exhaust if Ebay, keep it for a mouth or two, then replace the axle-back with an better one.

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit
                3) crush bent = poo poo
                4)Turbulent air is loud, robs performance and is poo poo.

Comment

Why don't you just buy a pre-made kit for your car. You keep saying you want evo exhaust and you want a deep tone exhaust. Greddy is a deep tone exhaust AND they have an evo exhaust for the 91! Lol. Just trying to help, not trying to be an ass. Here is a link for the Greddy evo exhaust.

http://store.rms-usa.com/grexhoacevev.html

I hope that helps you out a bit! There are also plenty of other exhaust systems on that site too.. Later.

Comment

ok $120 or $500? thats the deciding point..

CG Coupe!

Comment

Working...
                    X