Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

My F22a6 all motor build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My F22a6 all motor build

current mods

*Short ram intake $32

Purchased mods

*MSD SCI 6300 $160
    *Megan Racing Headers $170 Header Wrap as well $37
    *Megan Racing Cat-Back System $332
    *OBX short shifter $50
    *Performance Plug Wires $86
    *H23 Intake Manifold with Throttle Body $116
    *Clear red distributor cap $52
    Next on the to buy list

Head work ?$$?
    AEM EMS $1500
    *UR ultra SS pulley set $259
    *Megan Racing cam gear $77

right now im waiting on everything i have purchased to come in. the only thing i have installed is the intake. i plan on sticking with the f22. any suggestions let me know. i will have pics coming in the future

*bought on ebay or will be
    Last edited by VBaccord24; 10-23-2005, 10:04 AM.

Originally posted by VBaccord24
    right now im waiting on everything i have purchased to come in. the only thing i have installed is the intake. i plan on sticking with the f22. any suggestions let me know

Cisco's F22 build-up

look into his thread coz there is plenty to learn on what it takes for a F22 N/A build-up and he's covered just about everything you'll need to know.
    5.6L V8 32V DOHC
    JDM HERITAGE - US BUILT

Comment

ok i just bought a UR ultra ss pulley $220, msd blaster ss coil $46, ground wire kit $28, ngk iridiumIX plugs $28

Comment

Mill the head ~ 0.05-0.07"...I'd save the money on the AEM stuff and just talk to JET for one of their chips. Let them know what you have and what you want, and they'll make an ECU for you that will definitely make power.

Also, strengthen your valvetrain, get a Delta 272, and if you really wanna go nuts, get your crankshaft knifedged and balanced. You can also get some lightweight "9.0:1" pistons and rods (9.0 before you milled your head, so like 11:1+ afterwards) to let the beast rev higher...trust me, if you focus on the right stuff your F can be a beast.

Originally posted by lordoja
        im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

cool thanks for the info

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy
            Mill the head ~ 0.05-0.07"...
            umm.. that would be quite a lot, you might have valve clearance issues, if you want to be safe I wouldn't mill it past .030". Any higher then that and you want to do your math to make sure its going to be okay and probably want to clay your engine.

I would say see if you can get a H23 upper plenum for your IM, delta regrind, throttle body bored out. Thats a good start, depends on where you want to go from there (pistons, rods, etc...)

Comment

If you wanna go with higher comp. first go with pistons. Then try milling a bit. The piston is already set for the clearance issue and then you can measure how much room you have left before you just drop .05 off of the block. I know for a fact that there are pistons upwards on 10:1 floating around
              $.02

Comment

yah try Arias pistons, they make high comp. pistons for the f22a

Comment

yeah, this a good point, first get the pistons in, then clay the block and see how much you can mill.

i see all this things that you're putting in your engine to make it breathe better, but you're doing nothing to the head. you need to do something to the head, atleast a regrind, maybe you can do a 282. but for sure, you should upgrade your valvetrain(other than the cam), and get the head PnP and get the port holes bored out some and make the intake mani. and header ports match them.

but milling is the thing i would do last, kinda like a last resort for alil more umph.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Working...
                  X