Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Dual exhuast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual exhuast

what would i have to do to make my cb7 dual exhuast

im not an expert but i would say just buy the headers and have a muffler shop run the pipes for you. get some 4-2-1 headers and stop at 2 and run it from there. buy 2 high flow cats and 2 mufflers. from what i hear 2.25 inch piping is best since u dont lose to much back pressure. the shop will have to weld it together so make sure u like it and it will pas state inspection (if u have state inspection). thats what i would do, yet im still learning. i just recently started really getting into the car mods scene. hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by VBaccord24
      im not an expert but i would say just buy the headers and have a muffler shop run the pipes for you. get some 4-2-1 headers and stop at 2 and run it from there. buy 2 high flow cats and 2 mufflers. from what i hear 2.25 inch piping is best since u dont lose to much back pressure. the shop will have to weld it together so make sure u like it and it will pas state inspection (if u have state inspection). thats what i would do, yet im still learning. i just recently started really getting into the car mods scene. hope that helps.

haha you only have 1 header on an accord. As far as going dual exhaust my main question is WHY?? But if you are going to just have new pipe bent at your local exhaust shop. Have them use a Y pipe towards the back to send equal pressure to each muffler. 2.25" piping is a good size but i used 2.5" and have had NO problems with backpressure loss.
      "you can catch me swoopin 4G coupin switchin lanes" haha haha.

1993 SE coupe drag car ahoy!

1992 EX coupe 5 spd **sold **

1991 LX sedan 5 spd **tore the tranny apart**
      sold to: jakfrostwhite,F22Cb7Rid3r, and many others
      Did work for: jhoff_cb7
      Traded with: 1990AccordEX,pr3pg4lyfe

Comment

when i sed stop at 2 i meant dont put the pipe that brings it down to one on. put the upper part of the header system on. dont put the part with the flex pipe on. cut it and have a muffler shop weld new pipe in. personally using a y pipe towards the end is nothing but a fake dual exhaust. it will be odd having 2 cylinders per pipe but, whatever floats ur boat
        Last edited by VBaccord24; 10-17-2005, 11:21 PM.

Comment

ive posted many times about my setup if you wish to go my route.

Formerly 91AccordExR33
          11.68 @ 127mph
          417whp/375wtq
          Sold: 8/2016

Comment

Originally posted by VBaccord24
            when i sed stop at 2 i meant dont put the pipe that brings it down to one on. put the upper part of the header system on. dont put the part with the flex pipe on. cut it and have a muffler shop weld new pipe in. personally using a y pipe towards the end is nothing but a fake dual exhaust. it will be odd having 2 cylinders per pipe but, whatever floats ur boat
            I use to work at a performacne/exhaust shop for over a year, and I start again on tuesday. that would be a terrible design and would only cause problems. A civic came in with a similar design but was y'd right after the flex pipe, used 1 1/2 inch exhaust all the way back to the mufflers,this caused clearance issues, rattling, broken hangers, etc. another shop did it and he wanted us to fix it, on top of that it was insanely loud. if you would use 2.25 inch exhaust on a true dual setup on a 4cyl you would not have enough back pressure, Plus there would be no performance gains stopping at the 2 part since that collector serves a purpose, it helps scavenge the exhaust. if your into loosing peformance for true dual exhaust and having people laugh at you go for it. Personally I think dual exhaust looks stupid on 4cyl cars and true duals on a 4cyl car is even dumber. Plus you would need to have two flex pipes as well, with out flexpipes or spring bolts the manifold/header will crack due to vibration there is a reason everything on your exhaust system is there.
            ricers make baby jesus cry

Comment

Working...
            X