Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

F22A1 Build-up!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22A1 Build-up!!

Hello all, I just joined your site today and I love the info. that I have been reading so far. I have an 91' Accord LX with F22A1 and 5-speed tranny. I'm building an N/A F22A1 to drop in and was wondering if you guy's could give me some idea's that would help me out? I have sourced out bottom end parts ( rods, pistons, etc.) and cam availability, but as far as TB, IM, injectorss and etc. what parts could I mix and match to get performance as well. I'm looking to get about 170 to 180 WHP out of this F22A1, this is not including the 75 to 100 shot of NOS I may run if it's a good idea. Didn't won't to spend $3000+ on a H22 swap, it is that much $$$$ here in the Durham/Raleigh area of NC. Plus not too many people run the F22A1 anyways, would look stock under the hood until I BANG'em!! Thanks for your help and for having me.

Not an Expert But ......

Ok my car is basically stock but i think im lookin into the same idea on my ride

Ive researched some and everyone says some of these items soo hope this helps :

Port and Polish Head
    Port and Polish intake
    Bore Throttle Body
    Cam Grind heard 272 is good
    Header Pipe
    Carsound Cat
    Mid Pipe of some sort
    Axleback Good Preference but good flowing anyways
    Fuel Regulator
    Fuel Injectors Heard 255's good idea
    1 Step cooler Plugs
    Timing Gear Retarted 3 Degrees
    75 Shot nitrous Setup
    Ram intake 3" Piping
    Good Clutch w/Alluminum Flywheel or atleast lightend i went with 8lb setup
    and im sure there is alot more but thats what ive researched so far

hope this helps you and also hope it generates people who have done these things to let me know if im getting good info or not soo hope you dont mind me using ur thread as well for same questions basically
    thanks

-Sean- AKA Noxidea
    Fore Sale" My Ride "Best Time To Date 14.9 @ 94 MPH ...

Comment

Sorry there is only room for one F22 all-motor build...you're going to have to leave this forum immediately

Just playing.... Props man, another fan of the F-series. Hit me up on AIM anytime (Accord EX SE)..we'll talk "F" until you're so sick of it, you'll convert to "H" because you no longer want to talk to me

Keep us posted on your progress....I'll answer your questions or lead you to resources when you hit me back.
      HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81
        Sorry there is only room for one F22 all-motor build...you're going to have to leave this forum immediately

Just playing.... Props man, another fan of the F-series. Hit me up on AIM anytime (Accord EX SE)..we'll talk "F" until you're so sick of it, you'll convert to "H" because you no longer want to talk to me

Keep us posted on your progress....I'll answer your questions or lead you to resources when you hit me back.
        Or we can just go boost...

Comment

Originally posted by AcclipseH23
          Or we can just go boost...
          Keep tryin to convince me....it's not going to work *fighting it* hahaha....if pigs fly and I boost an Accord I'll look into your kit ya DOB
          HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Thanks the info that you guys gave is really helpful, let's me know that I have hope and a source. I was thinking of going turbo, but it's to much $$$$ and to much monitoring. Do you guy's think that my quest for 170 or 180 WHP is doable? HondaFan what is your IM id, I'll hit yah to get more in depth info. Thanks again PEPs!!!! I can say it now, I'm a member.

Comment

Parts that I have so far are *( AEM CAI, Megan Racing race cat., OBX 4-2-1 Header, and an OBX 3" inlet - 5" outlet muffler * looks like the GREDDY EVO exhaust). These items are not installed by the way. The Header I think has an 2" or 2 1/4" outlet I think, and the Race Cat. has inlet and outlet of 2 1/4"'s. I wanted to go with an 2.5" exhaust set-up would the inlets and outlets not matching up cause me to loose power, I mean the piping would get bigger on the way to the muffler right?

Comment

Originally posted by Dionysis24BXT
                Parts that I have so far are *( AEM CAI, Megan Racing race cat., OBX 4-2-1 Header, and an OBX 3" inlet - 5" outlet muffler * looks like the GREDDY EVO exhaust). These items are not installed by the way. The Header I think has an 2" or 2 1/4" outlet I think, and the Race Cat. has inlet and outlet of 2 1/4"'s. I wanted to go with an 2.5" exhaust set-up would the inlets and outlets not matching up cause me to loose power, I mean the piping would get bigger on the way to the muffler right?

a 5" muffler tip! Man I thought I was pushin it with a 3.5". consider a 2.25 exhaust with your engine. That is what your cat and header were designed to go with... there is a really good exhaust sizing guide on google somewhere that said 2.5 is better for over 200hp N/A... (won't happen on F22 stock block) someone else can back me up on this.
                Last edited by hemlockz; 10-13-2005, 03:53 AM.

hold on to your butts

Comment

Originally posted by Dionysis24BXT
                  Thanks the info that you guys gave is really helpful, let's me know that I have hope and a source. I was thinking of going turbo, but it's to much $$$$ and to much monitoring. Do you guy's think that my quest for 170 or 180 WHP is doable? HondaFan what is your IM id, I'll hit yah to get more in depth info. Thanks again PEPs!!!! I can say it now, I'm a member.
                  mad propz dude i wished i couldve done that to my accord before it got jacked

Comment

yey another Fseries N/A build up....actually a rarity these days with EVERYONE going H22, H23, or turbo. i personally think 170-180 is doable with the stock block. just alot of tuning and piecing together the right parts. but then again i am the farthest thing from a expert on this so lol. i guess my F22a4 is around the 145-150 mark as of now and i have alot more to do so we will c. welcome to the site and keep u supdated on your build!
                    My members ride thread

Comment

im just playing devils advocate (sp?) but do you really think this is going to cost less than an H22 (which are not even close to $3000 anymore) or turbo? and do you really think the money will be worth your 180whp, which you could easily get from an H22, buy doing not much of anything.

just some food for thought

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                        im just playing devils advocate (sp?) but do you really think this is going to cost less than an H22 (which are not even close to $3000 anymore) or turbo? and do you really think the money will be worth your 180whp, which you could easily get from an H22, buy doing not much of anything.

just some food for thought
                        a new H22 with tranny and ecu (220hp) will cost u around 2500-3000(from the searching i have done) and that is if u install yourself. i think the 180 is more respectable and i'd be damn proud of getting 180 from a stock f block. easy as shit to just throw in a more powerful motor....takes alot of work, research, time, money to build the F block. i'm sticking with my fseries N/A build up. i will be putting on spray later on but only after securing the integrity of the internals. and yes 75shot even 100shot would be good on beefed internals. stock block=less than 60shot. IMO but either way whatever route u choose, all the power to ya!
                        My members ride thread

Comment

o i have only put in about 1k worth into my motor (fuel, spark, air, and a few other tidbits) and i figure with another 2-2.5k i would be able to get well over 275...with a 100shot of course. so for 3.5k i would get 275hp on a Fblock! not too bad i must say. or around 175-180 without the spray. on a daily driver=very good. i respect whatever route u guys take we each have our preferences!
                          My members ride thread

Comment

dont talk to me about work, research, time and money...i know all about it.

like i said, im just playing devils advocate. but you dont need a Type S H22 to make power

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

Originally posted by Accord R33
                              dont talk to me about work, research, time and money...i know all about it.

like i said, im just playing devils advocate. but you dont need a Type S H22 to make power

wasn't trying to be an ass just it is easier to swap then to build-up!
                              My members ride thread

Comment

Working...
                              X