Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

I may be getting an H23 top end, cheap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may be getting an H23 top end, cheap

I may be able to negociate a deal and get a loaded H23 head with intake manifold, throttle body, and P14 ECU for around $200... It's still a bit up in the air, it may wind up out of my price range, but there's a chance I may be joining our hybrid ranks soon! (as long as you don't mind the Prelude body, it's the engine that counts, right? LOL) It looks like even if not right this second, the hybrid engine may be my next phase of the project. When I do it, should I take pictures to expand on the DIY's we already have?

no, make it harder on people, they need to learn for themselves

shouldnt this be in swaps?

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

lol, alright. Um... Pish, I dunno. Sorry if so.

Comment

DIYs are always welcome on this forum. Though people do need to learn things on there on, there is no need to turn down help if offered. By all means post up your DIY although I believe an H23 swapped head has already been posted from Teckert's frank...maybe not.
        "This is a jaded bunch. To gain notice, you have to challenge conventional wisdom, test assumptions, and ignore the naysayers."

FS Part out thread koni/skunk2 suspension, jdm pole, HID retrofit, Tanabe exhaust
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...10#post2119010

Comment

yea i came across a deal like that before but had to turn it down at the time. im still looking right now tho. good luck dude

Comment

Originally posted by H23Accord
            although I believe an H23 swapped head has already been posted from Teckert's frank...maybe not.
            Yeah, it was. That was where I got all my information for it, plenty thurough, but my thought was it could use more pictures. I was probably even going to just quote his for my DIY and slip them in.

Comment

200 for all that!

Comment

I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $200 shipped, the almost fully loaded head (has cover, valves, rockers, springs, retainers, and cams. No distributer), throttle body, intake manifold, and (the addition to the list) head studs. Now I need a distributer, injectors, F23 head gasket, a tube of hondabond, the lower timing gear (which I still can't find anywhere), upper timing belt cover, and timing belt. Unfortunatly that wiped out my pocket, so it'll be a while. That will be okay though, because that will give my friend, who's going to school at UTI, time to give it a valve angle job, and polish the throttle body, intake manifold, and head, all of which will be for free, and the valve angle job will be done by his professor who's one of the best of the best as far as automotive technicians. What's even better is that my friend helping me benifits him because it counts towards the time he needs of "experiance" (6 months at an automotive related job or so many thousands of hours of documented project work at home.) for him to move on in his manufacturer's program (which means he'll be going from UTI to Porche training in Georgia to a job with Porche) Not doing any boaring/porting/extruding because I don't want to replace any of the butterflys ATM, and I want all the low end I can get to keep it comfortable on the street. If after some trial time I feel I have some to spare I'll do some porting and get it re-polished. This is going to be fun when we get done
                Last edited by jumpman83; 08-15-2005, 03:03 AM.

Comment

nice!!!!!get pics lots of em, good luck

Comment

alright, it's official, F22a1/H23a1 hybrid on the way, I got the head today!! I'll keep updates and documentation posted as it comes and gets installed...
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by jumpman83; 08-31-2005, 02:21 PM.

Comment

I'm definately interested in how it goes. Especially if you're doing some porting, valve job, and other cool things.
                      Metal Metal and more Metal!!!

How much does your wheel/tire combo weigh? Post here!
                      -=Suicide Crew Member #1 (only member so far)=-
                      MY RIDE

"I was hoping the Wolverine would finger one of those Japanese girls and then extend a claw into her b hole just for fun, BUT that never happened and I was extremely unsatisfied with the movie because of it." -Macaqueistrong

Comment

Working...
                      X