Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Cisco NA F22 non-VTEC SOHC Project - Mild Red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HondaFan81
    Just emailed Kamikaze Performance again regarding their header flaws, I don't care about their response as I'm not interested in buying their product again. Hopefully for any future customers, they will improve their design.
    Considering their response thus far...good luck with that.
    ~If everybody you knew jumped off a bridge...the bodies would pile high enough to break your fall if you jumped after them.~

Project Deerslayer

UPDATE: DEER - 2, CB7 - 0
    '93 EX 5-speed coupe
    Short ram intake
    Tenrai Himoto catback
    Smashed front end
    Random bits of deer blood & hair

Comment

Is Kamikaze even still in business??? lol I havent heard much about them. But at least some people got a heads up on how there products are and durability of some others.

The New-ish Ride
      My old Ride
      Hear my Vtak!!!
      MK3 Member #3
      I piss off people for fun.
      IA 08 Sunburn Victim #1

Comment

Verified yesterday that the intermediate flange gasket between manifold and downpipe, distorted again from relative movement, leaking. I already knew that, it is visible.

However, I could hear another leak in the downpipe area, but could not see it. I found out yesterday the Kamikaze flex-pipe fractured. So I'm getting a new 2.5" flex-pipe and welding it on, welding the intermediate flange together. We did verify the manifold and downpipe need to be 2 pc somehow to remove it in future, but I do not want another gasket involved, to potentially leak. I am not sure yet how that will be accomplished.

Either way, it will be fixed tonight on my red Accord, for like the 6th time, hate this d**n header. Atleast all the previous modifications have held up, like the primary flange welds my friend did, I inspected the full header and all is well, but what I mentioned.
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Stupid header fixed again this weekend. Hope it lasts a couple years without problems.

Comment

you are having a rough time with that header. That kind of thing just gets annoying after a while.
            spin city

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp
              you are having a rough time with that header. That kind of thing just gets annoying after a while.
              Indeed, that is why I made a thread warning others that purchase it in the future. Anyhow, I just drove the car today after the fix, no leaks. If anyone saw this Kamikaze header now, they would laugh, it's been hacked up so many times. Right after the downpipe bends just before it goes under the oil pan, it has been cut and new pipe welded. So the original header pieces left are 75% of what it used to be originally. My friend welded the intermediate flange together, the 3 bolts are welded in place as well, has a new flex-pipe welded. So technically, if I ever have to remove the header, it is a 1pc now, but I don't care, I've had enough of these leaks, besides I don't expect to get into this motor that deep anyhow. I think it will all be regular maintenance for the rest of this car's life.

On a side note, I noticed upon acceleration at hwy speeds, I get a vibration through the steering wheel now on this car. I have to do some regular maintenance when parts come in (plugs, dizzy cap & rotor, new air filter, rotate tires, oil change) and so we'll see if rotating tires changes anything, if not then I know it's CV shafts. I have replaced the driver side in the past though.
              Last edited by HondaFan81; 04-21-2008, 09:20 AM.

Comment

since you've had so many problems with that header why dont you just change it?

Comment

other than the fact that it is not made that well and the paint comes off, my ebay header has been fine. you could pick one up for under $100.
                  spin city

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1
                    since you've had so many problems with that header why dont you just change it?
                    Motor been tuned for it, only 2.5" collector for off-shelf F22ax headers. Doesn't cost me anything, but time to repair it. I'm done spending money on the car outside of regular maintenance, no more aftermarket stuff as I have other things going on and I've committed myself to my white receiving any aftermarket attention only.

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp
                      other than the fact that it is not made that well and the paint comes off, my ebay header has been fine. you could pick one up for under $100.
                      My mom's 93 LX has a Megan Racing header and it is crap as well. The downpipe rear engine bracket broke on it at the weld, resulting in a hole there and exhaust leak. Had to be fixed.

That leaves DC sport to my knowledge, and as I said in previous post, no more aftermarket expenses on this car. I already paid the money on this header, it was a bad product, it has been pretty much re-designed through all the modifications I've done, hopefully this is the last flaw.

Comment

Just did quick tune-up on this car, new plugs, cap/rotor, air filter. Ran Royal Purple 5W-30 this last oil change, going back to Mobil1 5W-30 as the cost and availability of the RP doesn't justify itself for this daily driver. I also will be replacing the MTF and coolant at same time.

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7
                          152 whp, is how many reg hp? Once I get that number, how do you fig out wheel hp?
                          Guessing, somewhere like 170-175 HP at the motor.

Comment

Got 31 mpg driving all highway basically 60-75 mph average, this past weekend. Best I've had on this engine management setup.

Comment

Working...
                            X