Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Good for the F22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good for the F22

Hi im having some parts installed and would like to run them by you knowledgeable Guys to see what you think. A Camshaft(Accord Performance If That Matters), Cam Gear, 8lb Flywheel, Exedy Clutch, Chip ECU(Have no clue what kind. If you know of effective one Please let me know), Street Tune SAFCii controler, New Oil Pan(With Spoon Heatshield), Aluminum Radiator, Intake, Header, Full Exhaust, Fuel Pressure Regulator, and Apexi Ground Wires. Also all fluids were replaced with Honda Oil, Honda Brake Fluid, and Honda Anti-Freeze. How will it run? Is it still gonna be slow? Think ill pull on anyone?

Originally posted by JDM4DRACCORD
    Hi im having some parts installed and would like to run them by you knowledgeable Guys to see what you think. A Camshaft(Accord Performance If That Matters), Cam Gear, 8lb Flywheel, Exedy Clutch, Chip ECU(Have no clue what kind. If you know of effective one Please let me know), Street Tune SAFCii controler, New Oil Pan(With Spoon Heatshield), Aluminum Radiator, Intake, Header, Full Exhaust, Fuel Pressure Regulator, and Apexi Ground Wires. Also all fluids were replaced with Honda Oil, Honda Brake Fluid, and Honda Anti-Freeze. How will it run? Is it still gonna be slow? Think ill pull on anyone?
    haha yea... i think you will pull on me . nah but some ppl say that just putting in the cam alone makes a big difference. combine that with the camgear, SAFC controller and chipped ECU will make a bigger difference... i suppose.

Comment

I hope so im tired of it being so slow. I know it will still be weak but its better than it was.

Comment

sounds like youll feel a decent difference, whether its worth the money, hard to say, it also comes down to tuning.

"You've done more threatening prescription drugs..."
        "the character of a man can be judged by how he takes his criticism"
        "Quoting yourself is like, masturbation" -Starchland

Comment

Do you think ill pull on a del sol with a B16? It probaly has an intake, exhaust, and header. Im a good driver to if that matters, im not tuting my own horn.

Comment

I have the Accord Performance cam. Its actually just a Gude came resold but i've been pretty happy with it. My car is a little tired so sometimes it runs a little funny (after the cam install) the idle is a little rough but not bad but.... the other day i gotten fucking wasted by a Chevy duramax deisal. If you want a fast car booost that shit. If you want a fun car for cheap(er) go with the cam and save money on the stuff like the radiator (ours is big enough) the oil pan and the fuel pressure reg. Oh yeah look up Delta cams before you purchase the Gude.

My Ride
            myspace

Comment

hmmm. is yours an a6? if not id say do the mani swaps and youll be able to beat a del sol b16
              ]

Comment

No its a F22b. I heard that the cam shaft had a smooth idel. Did you install it your self? If so mabey you didn't torque down everything correctly. I don't know ill drive it Friday or Monday. Then ill tell you guys. And I don't want boost thats for another project .Thanks for the help fellas.

Comment

Yeah i installed it by myself and im pretty confident in my abilities. Its going to idle pretty smooth compared to other cams. Honestly it isnt a huge deal its just a slight nuesance. Also i would recommend some vavle springs. My valves springs are old (180,000+) and there just not stiff enough for that cam so they make a lot of noise and i get some valve float at the top end and yes before some one says something i have adjusted the vavle gap many times and its right on. Boost for another project mmmmm.. what kind of project? Do a search and look up vavle springs. You can get some for 250.

My Ride
                  myspace

Comment

i don't think u would walk me my car is pretty fast motor 2 motor with any accord or b16 i have beaten b16's before but gsr's different story they own me i ran 10.4 in the 1/8th mile with 2.4 60ft so would be a 9.9 9.8 with drag radials

also switching heads like 2 the a6 head would help alot b/c the 90-93 flow way better and the intake ports are alot bigger than 94-97 heads

H23vtec
                    Kee Built/Tuned

87x95 11.7 compression, custom h22 intake, minor head port polished, 70mm tb, 3inch cold air/3inch vstack, stock cams,ebay header with 3inch collector,3inch exhaust.

9.0's at 81mph in the 1/8th mile ohh how i miss my baby.

Comment

when i had my f22 the mani swap do help

Originally posted by RoCknRicEr037
                      hmmm. is yours an a6? if not id say do the mani swaps and youll be able to beat a del sol b16

Comment

Working...
                      X