Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

swapping in an F22A6 cam and PT6. explain this!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

swapping in an F22A6 cam and PT6. explain this!!!

Picked a cam and ecu out of an F22A6 today at the junk yard.
    #1 will it do any good to swap it in my A1 as is? Or hurt anything?
    #2 is there anything else I should pick off the junker (motor)? I wish I could buy the whole motor. It only had 116k on it.
    #3 I already have dc headers, full exhaust, cold air. what's next?

MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=88154

This thread will help u^
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Thanks

MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

A6I've read that. What's the black box? Is it part of the A6 or part of the h23 IM?

MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

The black box is for the IAB on the intake that is in both the F22A6 intake and the H23 intake.

For the cam, you don't need it. For the cam, you should get the matching ECU as it is tuned for the A6 cam; though you can use the F22A6 cam with the F22A1 ECU without any significant issues. You should grab the F22A6 valve springs, though.

Comment

I think i might go back and get the whole head. Isn't there something about the I'M runners?

MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

A6 valve spring's are like a 1-2lb difference not a big deal. The a6 cam work's with the a6 IM so yes if you want to convert your a1 to an a6 get the IM, IAB box, and pt6 ecu. Regardless if you go with an a6 IM or run a h23 plenum and want to run the IAB's right you need the ecu and box.

02 Crv
              02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
              92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
              Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

Alright cool. So one last question were is this "black box" located? Lol

MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by LowNknoxville View Post
                  Alright cool. So one last question were is this "black box" located? Lol
                  It's mounted on the underside of the F22A6 IM runners.

Comment

Im just gonna grab the entire IM

MY MEMBERS RIDE THREAD

Comment

The black box is actually the vacuum control box on the firewall, but I think you need the bypass control valve.
                      F22A6 vacuum diagram:

F22A1/4 vacuum diagram:

There is nothing mounted on the bottom of the A6 runners other than a brace:
                      Last edited by wildBill83; 12-10-2012, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                        The black box is actually the vacuum control box on the firewall, but I think you need the bypass control valve. [/IMG]
                        Actually, most folks refer to the black vacuum control box on the F22A6 as just that, and it is indeed the "bypass control solenoid valve" in that diagram. In fact, both the "bypass control solenoid valve" and the "intake control solenoid valve" are the same part, and I believe they mount the same way, meaning you could pick that up instead and make it work.

There is nothing mounted on the bottom of the A6 runners other than a brace
                        This is incorrect. The first and second images you posted are intended to convey vacuum wiring only, not really mounting locations. The second image doesn't show the mounting location for the "intake black box," but I can assure you it most definitely is mounted on the underside of the runners.

Last edited by reklipz; 12-10-2012, 10:28 AM.

Comment

That's odd, someone relocated my "black box" then on my F22A6. I have not seen it bolted to my runners. On my coupe it is bolted to the firewall.

Comment

That's odd, someone relocated my "black box" then on my F22A6. I have not seen it bolted to my runners. On my coupe it is bolted to the firewall.
                            That is interesting. It's possible Honda changed the mounting location during the facelift (92-93) or something I suppose, but I doubt it. Do you mind taking a photo? I'd be curious to see where it's mounted, .

Regardless, at least he's got his answer. Good work team!

Comment

Yeah, if I'm not dead tired when I get off work in 10 hours I'll take a photo.

Comment

Working...
                              X