Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

h22 help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
    p28 does not support egr. problem solved.
    but i cant run just the p28 can i? i thought it wouldn't give my motor the gas it needs, there for leaning it out?
    My cb7

h22a
    5-spd lsd
    Lord, grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change,
    the courage to change the things I can,
    and the wisdom to hide the bodies
    of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghetto_CB7 View Post
      I don't know why you are anti crome, if you want s300 or anything else later then buy it. If you run crome now you loose absolutely no money. It is free...

I do not want to discourage you from tuning yourself, but I feel that if you are not comfortable removing and installing an engine, then tuning may not be an easy step to take.

Just curious as to why the pro tunes you know suck?

As for frying your ecumenical by wiring up Egr... um it is hard to fry an ecu, and for you to do that would require some very special handiwork.

If you know how to wire up an Egr bypass go ahead and do it, with the battery disconnected of course.

Good luck, I think a few people here could help you with tuning if you went the DIY rout.
      well the shop that done my swap is ok i guess for their work even though it was sloppy and they used my old broke mounts( which i have replaced myself). the vtec harness was sloppy, and they try to work as slow as possible. for ex. my heater hose poped the other day and i took it back to them to fix, thinking it was their fault. ended up payin 220 for a heater hose that i could of replaced myself in 30 mins, instead of 2 days.

they are also the ones who are incouraging me to get hondata and tune it bc of the egr? so imma just wire it in and b happy
      My cb7

h22a
      5-spd lsd
      Lord, grant me the serenity
      to accept the things I cannot change,
      the courage to change the things I can,
      and the wisdom to hide the bodies
      of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off.

Comment

Yeah... don't mess with your ECU. You really don't seem to know the first thing about it. Before you even look into getting ANYTHIHG ECU related, learn what is involved.

You cannot run a stock P28, that is true. Any mentions of the P28 in this thread are assuming that the P28 has been chipped and tuned... as that is necessary for it to run an H22.

Most of the Hondata applications you'll find will require a modified P28 (or other tunable ECU.) I don't believe any of Hondata's applications will work for a P13. I'm no expert though... I honestly don't care for Hondata. Not that they're bad, but I think there are better products for less money out there.

Comment

here are some other choices for tuning in the area

http://www.sixsigmadyno.com/

http://www.taylorsimports.com/

http://www.sneedspeedshop.com/aboutus.html

http://www.rlzengineering.com/index.php?page=About%20Us
          1990 accord Honda-Challenge, H22 powered
          newer race video,older race videos
          1991 accord parked, parts and back up shell
          1993 accord acquired 6-11-16

Comment

Working...