Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

h22 help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22 help.

ok so im running a jdm h22a in my cb7. its stock except a skunk2 intake mani and tb. my problem is with running the skunk2 intake mani is it deletes the egr. im thinking of gettin a hondata s300 and the p28 to tune it, but i really dont wanna take it back to the place i had my motor put in. so how hard would it b to wire it up and tune it myself? thanks in advance
    My cb7

h22a
    5-spd lsd
    Lord, grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change,
    the courage to change the things I can,
    and the wisdom to hide the bodies
    of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off.

What? The S2 mani comes with a mount just for the egr to keep it plugged in. You don't need hondata just for that.

Comment

You cant just tune it yourself..Take it to a pro.
      www.PreludePower.com
      BB SQUAD MEMBER #28 V.2

Comment

You CAN tune it yourself... but you have to learn quite a bit, and get your hands on some fairly expensive tools to do it right. Check out the ECU Tuning subforum in the Performance section.

It's pretty complicated, but it's a good thing to learn.

Comment

Why don't you find another shop? How hard could that be? What's wrong with the shop you went to previously? Check out the Mid-Atlantic section and ask around for good places to go. You don't need S300. S100 will be fine, then get it tuned at an authorized dealer.
          '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
          If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

You don't need overpriced Hondata at all. Hell, even a free version of Uberdata or Crome would be enough for a basic tune.

Comment

Originally posted by BLUBB2 View Post
              You cant just tune it yourself..Take it to a pro.
              well the pro's i kno suck dick and charge 100 bucks an hour. and yes i have the block off plate, i have to hard wire the egr to the ecu pins bc the plug is no where to b found. the re-re's at monster tried tellin me if i hard wire it in the there is a chance of cooking my ecu so i havnt tried it yet. kinda wanted to get yalls opinion on it.
              My cb7

h22a
              5-spd lsd

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                You don't need overpriced Hondata at all. Hell, even a free version of Uberdata or Crome would be enough for a basic tune.
                im not too big of a fan of chrome tho. if im gunna build on this h is dont really wanna go with cheap product. the reason i kinda want the s300 is bc it is the most up to date and i plan on building the head and throwing some cams in down the road!
                My cb7

h22a
                5-spd lsd

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  You CAN tune it yourself... but you have to learn quite a bit, and get your hands on some fairly expensive tools to do it right. Check out the ECU Tuning subforum in the Performance section.

It's pretty complicated, but it's a good thing to learn.
                  will do. i would love to tune this thing myself
                  My cb7

h22a
                  5-spd lsd

Comment

Crome, not chrome...
                    Honestly, for a street tune, they ALL offer whatever you need. Hondata is actually pretty crappy for the high price they charge. There are better things out there, some that cost less.

Tuning can be complicated. The basics aren't terribly difficult to grasp, and messing with a mild N/A motor is the best way to learn... as it's much safer messing with a low-compression, naturally aspirated motor instead of turbo or high compression applications.
                    I'm still learning myself. Once my car is back on the road, I plan on diving into it a bit deeper. I have most of the tools I need.

Comment

well im gunna have to open my search a lil bit, and see what i can find! tahnks for the helpp
                      My cb7

h22a
                      5-spd lsd

Comment

Originally posted by f22a1accord View Post
                        well the pro's i kno suck dick and charge 100 bucks an hour.
                        That's actually not too bad. Even better if you can find a shop that tune's at a flat rate of maybe $325 or so. If your car doesn't have too many mods it shouldn't take longer than 2.5 hrs with a good tuner.
                        '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                        If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

p28 does not support egr. problem solved.
                          MadLab Racing
                          Southern Maryland

Comment

crome

I don't know why you are anti crome, if you want s300 or anything else later then buy it. If you run crome now you loose absolutely no money. It is free...

I do not want to discourage you from tuning yourself, but I feel that if you are not comfortable removing and installing an engine, then tuning may not be an easy step to take.

Just curious as to why the pro tunes you know suck?

As for frying your ecumenical by wiring up Egr... um it is hard to fry an ecu, and for you to do that would require some very special handiwork.

If you know how to wire up an Egr bypass go ahead and do it, with the battery disconnected of course.

Good luck, I think a few people here could help you with tuning if you went the DIY rout.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

100 per hour is cheap. Very cheap. Go stand alone and you're done. Lol. But I have seen Crome, neptunes do really good work that hondata also does. But not very many people go neptunes anymore.
                              The beginning of a new era............................
                              165 hp 149 ft. lb. torque sohc non vtec. then....
                              184 whp and 149 ft. lb. torque f20b stock now......

Comment

Working...
                              X