Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

F22 w/ ITB's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22 w/ ITB's

Anyone got one?! I searched a bit but not seein any itb'd f22 cept the bisi engine. Im really considering it once i get another DD and finish paying for my bisi header and exhaust

8 Accords so far:
    '81 SE Sedan(1st Gen), '83 SE Sedan(2nd Gen), '89 SE Sedan(3rd Gen)
    '89 DX Sedan(3rd Gen), '92 LX Coupe(4th Gen), '92 EX Wagon(4th Gen)
    (3rd gen parts car) I'm currently Driving a '14 Accord Sport 9th Gen

search for ghostaccord
    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

are you going to be going high compression with a lot of head work?

if no, then its a waste of time really. you can make a lot of power with an intake manifold still

My Members Ride Thread
      Originally posted by deevergote
      You have to think outside the box to get IN the box!

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=167407

Comment

are you doing this for a daily driver ?????????

Comment

ITBs on a daily driver are no good... and yes, the engine should be HIGHLY modified to justify the use of ITBs. It's an expensive setup, and from what I've heard, it's a bit difficult to get everything working well... not to mention you'll basically be running unfiltered... 2point6's H22 was blown up by sucking something into the ITBs on the track.

I'm not aware of anyone with ITBs on an F22A, aside from Bisi. At least not in a CB.
            Your best source of information would probably be Civic guys with full race H22s in their cars. That'd be the closest thing, and the most useful information. The most you're going to find here, most likely, is information collected by guys in your position... that want to do it, but haven't yet.

Comment

yea well that accordtyper91 seems to have a pretty decient setup! I dont plan on DD'ing this as stated mainly cuz i need a 4dr with 2kids haha.

As far as engine work goes im already in the process of getting my spare f22 head PnP. Im gonna talk to bisi as well to figure out what cam i should go with im thinkin the level 3 as well as his High comp piston and rod combo

This is gonna be alot of money but hey thats what tax returns are for

8 Accords so far:

Comment

compression is your friend. i was building one and then i kinda gave up.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

well yea i kinda thought like mayb 10:1? but im just spitballing not really too serious. it would realistically be between an itb'd f22 with all the bisi parts or try to go J and v6 powa! but again just throwin ideas around

8 Accords so far:

Comment

Get your plan set in your mind before you start buying parts... take it from a guy that has tons of NA parts, a turbo kit, a supercharger, and a nitrous kit in his past... none of which were installed...

Comment

Working...
                    X