Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Skunk2 Throttle Body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skunk2 Throttle Body

does any one run one of these ? you can get a 68mm or a 70mm for 297.00. what would the gains be and would it be worth the cash ? ment to say body.

A man that keeps looking back can't see whats in front of him.

For the same amount of money more or less you could get a bisi lvl 2 cam and gain alot more.Tb might help 5hp.

02 Crv
    02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
    92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
    Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

If you do it you would need to portmatch your intake manifold to the same size otherwise it'd be pointless...

Comment

Other options

I am not saying not to get a s2 tb, but look into other options. I have a polar bear tuning tb and think its better then the s2 tb's.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

thanks guys. i have got head work and intake porting and have not upgraded my fuel system other than a adj. fuel rail with pressure reg. on it. so what do you guys recommend ? a 68mm or a 70 with new injectors and fuel pump. i have a f20 that needs to go in but am still having fun with the f .

Comment

pbt

I love my 74-68mm tb from pbt.

So that is what I would recommend.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Originally posted by stretch JDM View Post
              thanks guys. i have got head work and intake porting and have not upgraded my fuel system other than a adj. fuel rail with pressure reg. on it. so what do you guys recommend ? a 68mm or a 70 with new injectors and fuel pump. i have a f20 that needs to go in but am still having fun with the f .

what do you need to upgrade your fuel system for? the rail doesnt do jack squat.

If you dont have aftermarket camshafts, a throttle body wont do anything for you regardless how much bigger you go.
              www.850fab.com
              IG - @850Fab
              FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

Did you have to do any other modifications to fit a 68mm throttle plate throttle body on your intake, other than porting? I always figured that 65-66mm was the max bore on a stock F22 intake before you had to block off the IACV port.
                MR Thread
                GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Ghetto_CB7 View Post
                  I love my 74-68mm tb from pbt.

So that is what I would recommend.
                  thanks man . i have been debating on one but, was not sure.

Comment

Working...
                  X