Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

F20 pistons in a F22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F20 pistons in a F22

I've read somewhere on here that you can use F20B (I believe) pistons in an F22A1, is that so? I think it's the 11.1 compression piston. If this is so, what kinds of gains would I be looking at? Would it be better to match it to a Bisi stage 2 cam, cam gear, and a build on the top end?

Members Ride Thread: LX ~ EX ~ For Sale Thread

Sold to: accord=inspire? ~ Accord214 ~ Raf99 ~ daheavyking ~ OHOYAMA ~ JunyAccord ~ CBsevenTUNER

Bought from: Joshy ~ TypeG ~ agol ~ 92smokeaccord ~ Extacee ~ mak ~ lindiz ~ illestatus ~ F20A CB7 ~ accord=inspire? ~ marcusv8thunder

No it's not possible to just use the piston, you would need the rods also and I imagine the crank too, if you tried it you would get a piston through the head, or a rod through the block lol, the F20b piston is taller then a f22ax piston, if you use a 12:1 f22ax piston in an f20b it drops the compression to around 8:1

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
    1992 Accord EX Coupe
    My FS Thread
    Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Then what piston would I want to use in my motor?

Members Ride Thread: LX ~ EX ~ For Sale Thread

Sold to: accord=inspire? ~ Accord214 ~ Raf99 ~ daheavyking ~ OHOYAMA ~ JunyAccord ~ CBsevenTUNER

Bought from: Joshy ~ TypeG ~ agol ~ 92smokeaccord ~ Extacee ~ mak ~ lindiz ~ illestatus ~ F20A CB7 ~ accord=inspire? ~ marcusv8thunder

Comment

if your trying to bump up your compression check out kms, I haven't really looked around for f22a pistons so I don't know who else makes some but I know kms has a set of 12:1 pistons

PSN ID's:Tidashoni
        1992 Accord EX Coupe
        My FS Thread
        Not so DD 2013 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
        Boosting with a carb is like being a sniper with a bazooka... it works, it gets the job done, but it's not the most precise method.

Comment

Ditto on KMS. Bisimoto still does custom pistons on a case by case basis I believe. Arias, I believe does as well. Contact them. I'd prefer something with OEM fitment and High Performance quality if I were you.
          '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

F20B rods and crank in a f22 block sleeved to 89mm would be an epic win. High rod ratio, and the bore/stroke is almost square.
            There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
              F20B rods and crank in a f22 block sleeved to 89mm would be an epic win. High rod ratio, and the bore/stroke is almost square.
              At that pt, u might as well get an H22A no?

What about F20A pistons? Are those the same as F22A pistons?

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Working...
              X