Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

bisimoto level 2.3 nitrous cam on n/a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bisimoto level 2.3 nitrous cam on n/a

does anyone have the level 2.3 nitrous cam? if so what kind of numbers is it putting down?

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn View Post
    does anyone have the level 2.3 nitrous cam? if so what kind of numbers is it putting down?
    x2, I'm considering such a cam for my build
    There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

i want to see something, lol. cmon you guys telling me no one has used this cam?

Comment

try contacting bisimoto himself and see what he has to say about it

Comment

lol, if you can get in contact with him. i have about 40 emails sent to bisimoto in the past 2 months with none of them answered. i miss the days when he wasnt in magazines and had to worry about all the publicity. there was alot more customer service then.

Comment

The reality is he is not a huge shop, but is specialized and has great products. Some are understanding of that. I can understand both sides, but in the end you can be patient or not. There are other options.
            HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

oh i know. i understand, lol. hes a good guy and they're seriously understaffed. im glad they're expanding and growing as a company. that means more money for research. i really am going to have to be the guinea pig for this one. once i get every thing ready for the cam swap i'll do a before and after. i think there is a great potential for power in a little more lift. just look at the flow of your head you had on the red project. just going from .350 to .400 lift it was a 7cfm difference on the intake and the exhaust. and going from .400 to .450 was an even larger gain. 25cfm on the intake and exhaust was not great but still a 4cfm increase. my cam now is .374/.396 (229/229), the 2.3 is .410/.409 (228/229). i think i could see a good gain, maybe a good 5-7whp and torque seem to improve drastically from what justin says.

Comment

I agree with your Bisimoto comments and camshaft upgrade plans. I also know that it is hard for him to find quality employees and can understand him not wanting to share proprietary knowledge given the competitive market and potential for employee turn-over. In regards to the cam upgrade, I believe you have mentioned possibility of nitrous in future anyhow. Regardless, this modification will benefit your goal of more torque.

I see you have been utilizing information shared on here, I'm glad. Honestly, not many have referenced that old post of CHR Motorsports portwork & air flow testing results. I realize you have Bisimoto portwork however. FYI, CHR Motorsports (contact: Jeff Fredenburg) has improved their head airflow results since my red Accord project with my involvement.

It would have been nice to compare the red project to yours on same dyno with similar conditions. I am curious on how they would compare, given yours would be ahead. I was so tempted to install Bisimoto level 2 regrind with H23 MT tranny on that setup, but it made no sense for the expense at the time. Atleast someone else in Canada is enjoying the red Accord performance package.
                Last edited by HondaFan81; 07-26-2010, 11:10 AM.
                HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

You also have to keep in mind how many people can afford his products. Investing in cams like that costs about $1500+. You get the cams themselves for like $800, then valvetrain upgrades for around $350. Then someone to install the parts if you don't know how; which around here runs about $300. Then there's the tune, which could be about $500 on up.
                  '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                  If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

when were cams 800 dollars?
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i have the 2.4 turbo cam. and just last week spent close to 700 for springs, retainers and so so. i am putting it together now, planing to bolt it down to the block Friday and getting tuned on Saturday. running it n/a for now. while the turbo kit gets put together.

Red Wagon DD - 1993 EX
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=172734
                      Gray Wagon Project - 1992 LX
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=166337

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                        when were cams 800 dollars?
                        You know what I mean, it's like $769 right? Plus factor in shipping and I'm pretty sure you're only a few bucks short of $800. Oh and I forgot to throw in cams gears which are $250 I believe?
                        '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
                        If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

says 249 on bisi's website.

the cam just has more lift and duration.
                          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Wed3k is correct

it is 249 as it is a regrind

You can run this cam on a N/A and it will be perfectly fine. Obviously to make the most power from it you need to run with nitrous and on a good tune. But realistically you can use this cam without NOS. From my recollection it may give you better gas mileage due to the emphasis on the exhaust side.

With this in mind, I apologize for our lack of a rep here on CB7, but if you have questions, concerns, or comments feel free to PM me or shoot me an Email:
                            Randy@Bisimoto.com

I look forward to assisting you guys,
                            -Randy
                            Bisimoto Engineering
                            Randy@Bisimoto.com
                            (888)-922-6686

Comment

the thing is, my cam is not as large on the intake, the exhaust is only slightly larger. ex.396 vs .409.......? the big difference is in the intake from in.374 to .410. oh and cisco, i lied buddy, lol. i called bisi just to double check flow numbers. 300+ @ .500. he did a full port.

Comment

Working...
                              X