Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Super V-tec

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 92jdm View Post
    i hooked my vtec up to my horn....
    so you press your horn to activate your vtec.....
    <a href="http://www.ilovebodykits.com">Body Kits</a>

Comment

Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer...

Edit: Woot 100!
      Bought From : SE_DynamiK, oneoffaccord, and TopCop182

Click It!>>>><<<<Click It!

Comment

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
        I think he's talking about hooking the solenoid to the abs system. If you can hit the brake pedal hard enough to engage the abs then dump the clutch with the gas pedal down it will force vtak to kick in hard and make your hps and torks go way up.

I have my vtak hooked up to the brake pedal to trick people behind me.
        LMFAO!!!!!!
        I CAN HAS VTAK TOO!!!!!

This is golden!
        The CB7 Collector.
        Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
        92 LX Coupe F22A1
        2013 Toyota Corolla S
        92 EX Sedan F22A1
        Originally posted by deevergote
        Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by 92jdm View Post
          i hooked my vtec up to my horn....
          lolz. i hooked up vtak to my four way flashers. AUTOMATIC WIN!
          Frost White CB9: EX F22A6 Stock 5spd - Click Here

Comment

Haha, boy, do I feel stupid. Son of a bitch, I was about to go cut the harness to my ecu and hook it up to my battery. FML!! Hah, not really, but you could imagine
            Last edited by nine_deuce; 05-30-2010, 07:42 PM.

Comment

wow surprised this isnt locked yet..

anyways it was a good laugh
              ** BUY MY STUFF **

Comment

I've never heard of people hooking their vtec to the battery. but I have heard and seen the vtec hooked up to the Hi beams so when you hit the Hi beams the vtec kicks.
                Freedom Is Not Free
                U.S Army 02/08 Medically Discharged

Comment

so...someone asks how to make their vtec engage manually...then someone posts something about drug use...which I'm assuming was either a grandous misunderstanding, or really lame attempt at flamming

...and then a flame war ensues.

come on guys, we're better than this
                  ____

Comment

Oh come on. You trash people all the time.

Besides, it's funny. I'm hoping by now the OP knows we're jerking his chain. I don't think anyone was being THAT mean.

Comment

haha

ha this is kinda funny cause my friends and i were down at a local shop today and having the almost identical conversation and we were saying goofy ways to hook up our vtec and how we have seen some ghetto ways people have hooked theirs up and there was a newbie kickin it with us listening in and out of no where this clown shouts "why dont you hook it up to your shift light?!" ..... it was funny until we relized this kid was serious! nobody even bothered to explain why that wasn't a good idea and i wont be surprised if he actually went home and did that to his car. im a newbie too but im not retarded!

Comment

Originally posted by pr Cb7 View Post
                        this Is What Im Trying To Explain By Super Kicking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f67lgpjbppe
                        Rofl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=143599

Comment

ch33.thao, you seem EXTREMELY clueless... so I'll help you out a little.

1) every single person in this thread is feeding you bullshit, because they know you know absolutely nothing about VTEC.

2) Before asking a stupid question about something you don't understand, try learning a bit first. That way, you don't look like a moron. You're asking about some sort of "super modified VTEC system"... but you have no idea what VTEC actually does. Try reading about that a little bit first... then you'll be able to answer your question VERY easily.

I'll get you started: VTEC is nothing but a system that changes a cam profile to adjust the way the engine breathes. If that doesn't make sense to you, then perhaps you should take it back even further, and learn how a camshaft works.

This super VTEC system you saw is either: a) a wild cam, b) a "VTEC-killer" cam, or c) an adjusted VTEC crossover point. None of which is difficult to understand when you know what VTEC does.

Comment

Urge...

I have never had the urge to hear an H22 idle in v-tec cam until reading this article...

I am tuning a friends later this week, maybe I will make his idle in v-tec and take a video...

I bet it lopes LOL

If I do I will post a video of it.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Ghetto_CB7 View Post
                              I have never had the urge to hear an H22 idle in v-tec cam until reading this article...

I am tuning a friends later this week, maybe I will make his idle in v-tec and take a video...

I bet it lopes LOL

If I do I will post a video of it.
                              Search for VTEC Killer cams. There are a few vids out there and they idle very rough. Saying it lopes is an understatement
                              MR Thread
                              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

i wired my vtec to my bass knob controller to control how hard i wanna feel the vtak..

Ride: 2002 Lexus IS300

Comment

Working...
                                X