Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Building The Ultimate H22A for N/A - Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow lots of information, what if I just wanted about 250 HP in the H22A, headers, SRI I know what else that could be somewhat easier to install versus pistons or internal changes.

Would it be easier to build a F22Ax or a H22A for a second time engine builder? (I built a lawnmower engine before LOL)
    Current:
    2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
    1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
    1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

Ghetto CB7: Yea that's what I meant. 12.5:1 on pump is fine. I've even heard of 13.0:1 on pump being fine in SOME CASES. But I would recommend stopping at 12.5:1. OR like you said see if you can get custom that might push to maybe 12.75:1. But past 13, yea race gas should pretty much be required.

Jordan: I guess you didn't know that Bisi's Valvetrain Package is in conjunction with Supertech, just made to his specs.

CB7Nub: 250WHP is very doable, a fully ported head head and IM with some aggressive cams should get you pretty close with the proper I/H/E added as well.

rexload: Agreed. The only time I've seen an unmodded STI, EVO or GT-R was when A: It first rolled off the lot....and B: The guy who owns it doesn't race or drive fast at all. So if either wants to race you I'd guesstimate another 100whp over stock output AT LEAST.
      '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
      If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Thanks guys!
        Current:

Past:

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Comment

Darton M.I.D. Sleeved block
          Wiseco 89-90mm 11.5-12:1 29mm comp height pistons
          Carrillo H22 ProA rods
          95mm Crank (F22/H23)
          Custom Camshaft - min 0.4" of lift @ 0.5" (Web, Delta...etc etc there are a few companies that will grind cams)
          Appropriate valve train to go with said camshaft (KMS, Supertech, Ferrea)
          1mm OS valves (KMS, Supertech, Ferrea)
          Euro R intake with 70mm throttle body (55mm-60mm Kinsler ITB's )
          Properly designed header for your application - An off the shelf Bisi header won't always make 30whp on every setup.
          Properly sized injectors (Dyno will tell you for sure)
          Light weight flyweel (Fidanza)
          5spd H22 M2B4 (LSD) trans
          Clutch rated for 300+ whp (Fidanza, Exedy.....)

That should get you around 250-300 whp.

There are a tone of companies that you can order parts for H22 & F22 engines now.
          Last edited by GhostAccord; 04-13-2010, 12:51 PM.
          MR Thread
          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Thanks man, just what I was looking for.
            If I got all those parts wouldn't it make the full engine itself then? (with other minor parts obv)
            Current:

Past:

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
              True, a 320hp H22 is going to cost an arm and a leg by the time it's all done and actually running.

Then you will face another problem.... Modded EVOs and STIs not only make power but also put it to the ground and they launch HARD from a standstill.

If you want to run with heavily modded cars in an Accord, you need a shitload of power... I would do a built F22 + variable geometry turbo setup... it can be done much cheaper than an N/A build and you will be making twice the power
              not entirely true. How is really that much different from any other fully built h2x? You still have to buy all the components (some more expensive than others) with that kind of power, you have to make sacrifices in drivability and the type of fuel used.

building it the motor and building the drivetrain and chassis to put all the power to the ground is where it gets expensive.
              www.850fab.com
              IG - @850Fab
              FB - @850Fabrication

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Nub View Post
                I was wondering, if you guys could build a the best H22A for use in road cars for N/A use what parts would you guys use for the:

Camshaft: Bisi Stage 3
                Connecting Rods: K20 .030 Extended rods
                Crankshaft (Is this possible to change it?): K24
                Cylinder Head: Bisi Ported and Polished by a CNC
                Block Parts: Benson Sleeves
                Valves: Bisi Oversized
                Pistons and Rings: Custom 92mm Pistons
                Rocker Arm: Stock
                Header (Bisi of course, wait I can't find a Bisi H22A header...): theres a group buy for them

For the tranny what clutch, and other tranny parts would you guys put in? : Exedy Stage 2 Clutch, Qualife LSD
                250 HP or torque would be the MINIMUM but I would like to get enough power to run with the EVO's, STi's, maybe even older Skyline's etc and beat them. Personally I'd like to run about 320 HP / torque if that sounds possible in the H22A.

I'd still like to know the absolute maximum you can hit in the H22A with proper mods, (roughly of course :P)?
                there you go
                miss my turbo cb7
                moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93 View Post
                  there you go
                  Thanks man.
                  Current:

Past:

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Nub View Post
                    Thanks man, just what I was looking for.
                    If I got all those parts wouldn't it make the full engine itself then? (with other minor parts obv)
                    No, Dnt forget seals, water pump, oil pump, timming belt, manual tention convertion, maybe variable cam gears?... High flow gas pump. Chipped ECU. SRI, and you should be set...
                    My System
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=165155

Comment

I was going to ask about building an H22a as well. Not looking for a whole lot of power just a little over stock, 220-250 hp, around there. What I wanted to do is get this H22a long block that needs to be rebuilt and put 88 mm pistons in it, these type S ones that have 11:1 compression. Is it safe to overbore that much and would a stock ecu handle that much compression? Should I get forged rods as well, would that be a good idea? They're really cheap on ebay for some reason lol.

These pistons are what I was looking at:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-HONDA-PR...70dfce&vxp=mtr

I think this would be a fun project. 1mm oversize should give it a little more power, maybe 10-20 hp more idk. Those pistons looked pretty good.

EDIT: Not 220-250 HP to the wheels but to the crank.

EDIT AGAIN: Nevermind, 88 mm is too much for FRM cylinders.
                      Last edited by Mishakol129; 09-19-2013, 08:50 PM.
                      “Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.”
                      ― Jeremy Clarkson

Very first tear down and rebuild. vvv
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755"]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755"]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755

Current Build, F23 block F22b dohc head:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203144

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
                        That Bisi header makes 30WHP.........

At least according to that dyno

I don't know what other header does that
                        Vhat? Is this with or without a tune?
                        “Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you.”
                        ― Jeremy Clarkson

Very first tear down and rebuild. vvv
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755"]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755"]http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=193755

Current Build, F23 block F22b dohc head:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203144

Comment

Originally posted by Mishakol129 View Post
                          I was going to ask about building an H22a as well. Not looking for a whole lot of power just a little over stock, 220-250 hp, around there. What I wanted to do is get this H22a long block that needs to be rebuilt and put 88 mm pistons in it, these type S ones that have 11:1 compression. Is it safe to overbore that much and would a stock ecu handle that much compression? Should I get forged rods as well, would that be a good idea? They're really cheap on ebay for some reason lol.

These pistons are what I was looking at:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JDM-HONDA-PR...70dfce&vxp=mtr

I think this would be a fun project. 1mm oversize should give it a little more power, maybe 10-20 hp more idk. Those pistons looked pretty good.

EDIT: Not 220-250 HP to the wheels but to the crank.

EDIT AGAIN: Nevermind, 88 mm is too much for FRM cylinders.
                          lol @ stock ecu.
                          -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
                          -1993 Accord EX SOLD
                          -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
                          -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

I was just reading somewhere today that the H22 has two HP versions?
                            One with 200HP and another with 225?
                            Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 10-10-2013, 02:32 PM.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

I'd go:
                              H23A vtec PDE stamped heas
                              Mahle 12:1 pistons
                              Carillo A beam rods
                              Skunk2 pro3s
                              CNC ported head with 1mm oversized valves
                              Kinsler 62mm itbs
                              Custom 4-1 header

Bam 250-260whp
                              http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2208596
                              Last edited by jdm92_accorn; 10-09-2013, 07:16 PM.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Originally posted by 98vtec View Post
                                not entirely true. How is really that much different from any other fully built h2x? You still have to buy all the components (some more expensive than others) with that kind of power, you have to make sacrifices in drivability and the type of fuel used.

building it the motor and building the drivetrain and chassis to put all the power to the ground is where it gets expensive.

He's not entirely wrong. My H27 (Bored/Stroked) ran me around 8 grand to complete in full. Custom Billet Steel Crank, Rods and Forged Pistons alone cost $3500.

Comment

Working...
                                X