Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Building The Ultimate H22A for N/A - Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building The Ultimate H22A for N/A - Guide

I was wondering, if you guys could build a the best H22A for use in road cars for N/A use what parts would you guys use for the:

Camshaft
    Connecting Rods
    Crankshaft (Is this possible to change it?)
    Cylinder Head
    Block Parts
    Valves
    Pistons and Rings
    Rocker Arm
    Header (Bisi of course, wait I can't find a Bisi H22A header...)

For the tranny what clutch, and other tranny parts would you guys put in?
    250 HP or torque would be the MINIMUM but I would like to get enough power to run with the EVO's, STi's, maybe even older Skyline's etc and beat them. Personally I'd like to run about 320 HP / torque if that sounds possible in the H22A.

I'd still like to know the absolute maximum you can hit in the H22A with proper mods, (roughly of course :P)?
    Last edited by CB7Nub; 04-08-2010, 12:20 PM.
    Current:
    2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
    1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
    1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

Not to be a detractor but the possibility of making that kind of HP out of an H22A N/A is going to cost you the money for half of the MSRP on those EVOs, STIs, and GT-Rs....and then some quite possibly. And so far the most anyone's been able to squeeze out of them is around 297whp. 2point6 could give you a more accurate estimate on what is achievable.

But to answer your question. Get Bisi everything for the head. As for the block you need to re-sleeve and get the BC Stroker Kit. Your C/R will have to be 12.5:1 or you'd need race gas. You'd still probably need a 100 shot of nos if you want a chance against such powerful opponents.
    '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
    If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

True, a 320hp H22 is going to cost an arm and a leg by the time it's all done and actually running.

Then you will face another problem.... Modded EVOs and STIs not only make power but also put it to the ground and they launch HARD from a standstill.

If you want to run with heavily modded cars in an Accord, you need a shitload of power... I would do a built F22 + variable geometry turbo setup... it can be done much cheaper than an N/A build and you will be making twice the power

Comment

Run with evos

I laugh at the fact that you think you need 320whp to run with evo's.

Unless the evo has been upgraded a lot you will walk all over them with 320whp.

Scott's 300whp h22 runs a mid 12 in the accord and a 10 in his civic.

As for the build...

The h22 is not like the b series. There is not a defined formula of parts that equals a certain number of hp.

Basically what I am saying is that people have determined to a "T" exactly what parts are necessary to get X hp out of a b series. This is not the case with the h22.

In fact the large majority of people out there running numbers over 250 are on builds that have custom parts built for them. A lot of these parts do not have released specs.

From your post, I believe you really need to do A LOT more research before you ask such a question.

So my answer is this
        Piston: custom
        Rod: Custom
        Headwork: Custom
        Crank: Custom
        Valvetrain: Custom

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

blah, how often do you see an unmodded EVO lol

Comment

you're trying to run with something that has forced induction lol.

as for the header, there's a lot of choices for the h22a. not everything has to be from trend setter brand.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Not to dis bisi or anything, but why do people ride his dick soo much?

Why not supertech vs and retainers, why not an rmf header, why not a set of custom cams? Doesn't always have to be bisi.

My next project is going to be a stroked h22, and I'm going with the parts that I know make power and I've seen multiple reviews on and have good feed back. I'm not going to run certain parts just because a company is an internet forum sponser. That's is all, sorry for the thread jack

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

That Bisi header makes 30WHP.........

At least according to that dyno

I don't know what other header does that

Originally posted by lordoja
                im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

I agree, if you are trying to make huge amounts of N/A power you'd be a fool to skimp on the header. 900 dollars for a bisi header is chump-change. You'll spend twice that on the pistons and connecting rods alone. For builds like this, any other header is out of the question.

Comment

What?

Originally posted by civic_90_08 View Post
                    Not to dis bisi or anything, but why do people ride his dick soo much?

Why not supertech vs and retainers, why not an rmf header, why not a set of custom cams? Doesn't always have to be bisi.

My next project is going to be a stroked h22, and I'm going with the parts that I know make power and I've seen multiple reviews on and have good feed back. I'm not going to run certain parts just because a company is an internet forum sponser. That's is all, sorry for the thread jack
                    Look We get it you and a bunch of other people don't think others should hype up bisi's products.

Awesome.

I don't think you and others should go into threads where someone suggests a bisi part and talk about how he is so hyped up.

The op was the one who suggested all the ONE bisi part, no one else pushed him into it.

There is nothing wrong with supertech, infact if I was doing an f22 build I would use their valves and possibly valve train.

I really think that the number of people going around complaining about the bisi hype now outnumber the people hyping him up.

Sorry for the rant, nothing agianst you or anyone.

Infact I too agree that people get to excited one way of the other when bisi is brought up. Let his products speak for themselves, if people get bad results with them people will stop buying them...

Oh and no disrespect to the op, but there is no thread to jack, it is so vauge that nothing good will most likley come out of it anyway.

EDIT: I missed Joey...'s post about bisi everything for the head, but if you read it, there are a lot of rasons to not listen, a good example is the you need 12.5:1 cr or race gas... People run 12.5 on pump gas, and race gas will only gain you hp if you are detonating before max torqe on ignition advance. (sorry that is probably what you meant joey)
                    Last edited by Ghetto_CB7; 04-09-2010, 05:51 PM.

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Like I said before, I'm not in this thread to disrespect anyone, nor Bisi himself.

Promotion is GREAT for a business, but the way people just jump all over Bisi like wild animals is beyond me.

Bisi has superb engine components, dont get me wrong about that. But i hate the way everyone on here acts like hes the only one out there producing products for the F22AX, H23AX, and the H22A.

I didnt mean to piss anyone off by my previous statments. I was just stating an opinion like everyone else here.

$900 for a header is WAY too much for me, and considering i bought a Tri-y for a third of the price, I think I may just take my losses.

-Jordan

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

900 dollars for a product that boasts 30whp over the stock piece, I'd say that 30$/hp is a very fair trade.

Comment

it hasnt even been produced yet.
                          I <3 G60.

Comment

Yea but then again this build won't be done forever, if ever. If I was doing a build like this I'd get my name on the list I still like Bisi (flamesuit on)

Comment

yea, his springs come with 100lbs on the seat. we'll see how long that lasts with stock valves.
                              I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                              X