Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

My heart is broken ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to see this. Best of luck man!

Comment

Originally posted by jimy View Post
      Just swap a H22. Its your calling.
      Everybody and their grandma has an H22. Its too common and I like to be different.

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      Sorry to see this. Best of luck man!
      Thanks man. This gives me the opportunity to build it how I want it. I bought this car as a project car and its definitely serving its purpose. LOL.

1990 CB7 - Almost Done - Delta 272, SRI, 2.25 catback, Bisi intake manifold gasket, A6 intake double stacked, H22 plenum, AEM cam gear, F23a block, F22a head, Wiseco K20 pistons, DSM 450cc injectors

2004 Z33 - Brembo BBK, Nismo spoiler, Nismo lip, Nismo shift knob, AEM CAI

Comment

My grandma has an H22? hells yeah!
        I knew I liked that broad.

K swap Tony. Do it now!
        MadLab Racing
        Southern Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by drummersteve7 View Post
          My grandma has an H22? hells yeah!
          I knew I liked that broad. K swap Tony. Do it now!
          You crazy man. A K swap crossed my mind briefly. I just don't have time to put in the work but if I did then I would just do a V6 and potentially have the first CB7 with a V6.

1990 CB7 - Almost Done - Delta 272, SRI, 2.25 catback, Bisi intake manifold gasket, A6 intake double stacked, H22 plenum, AEM cam gear, F23a block, F22a head, Wiseco K20 pistons, DSM 450cc injectors

Comment

I need some motivation dudes. My car has been sitting in my backyard since early April. I got new pistons but they are just sitting in the basement. I need to remove the block and send it off to the machine shop. Whoever is willing to come over and help I will provide pizza, beer, AND liquor.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7/KA8 View Post
              Everybody and their grandma has an H22. Its too common and I like to be different.

Thanks man. This gives me the opportunity to build it how I want it. I bought this car as a project car and its definitely serving its purpose. LOL.
              yea but in stock form which is most reliable it puts out enough hp to putt around. im debating on throwing in a h22 with a f22 transmission to putt around in. it would be cheap for me at least since i have the entire engine already.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

^ I'd rather have an F22 with H22 transmission. That tall gearing ruins any hope for a peppy car.

CB7/KA8, If I wasn't 1700 miles away I'd come help you. Though you might want to stipulate that the beer and liquor comes after the work's done.
                VTEC G27? = ???whp ???wtq
                VTEC G23 = 220whp 191wtq
                nonVTEC G23 = 200whp 183wtq
                K24 iVTEC hybrid = 260whp 210wtq

Comment

beer after the works done?
                  what kind of sick man are you?

no beer = no work! are you new?
                  MadLab Racing
                  Southern Maryland

Comment

Actually you are both right. LOL. Beer before the work is done could result in no work and beer after could result in no work being done.

I'm in the process of looking for an F23 block. I know Brian has one but he hasn't replied to my PM yet.

Do you happen to have one laying around Steve?

Comment

Actually you are both right. LOL. Beer before the work is done could result in no work and beer after could result in no work being done.

I'm in the process of looking for an F23 block. I know Brian has one but he hasn't replied to my PM yet.

Do you happen to have one laying around Steve?
                      yeah brian has one sitting in the garage out here where im at. when do you plan on working on the car. i think im free sunday to help possibly saturday not sure yet though. let me know and i talk to brian bout that block.

oh yeah and normally its beer while you work at least that how we do in baltimore and at drummersteve's, good times.

the sedan
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=134302
                      the wagon
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=150426
                      the integra
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=160603

Comment

Originally posted by jimmybean21 View Post
                        yeah brian has one sitting in the garage out here where im at. when do you plan on working on the car. i think im free sunday to help possibly saturday not sure yet though. let me know and i talk to brian bout that block.

oh yeah and normally its beer while you work at least that how we do in baltimore and at drummersteve's, good times.
                        Aite that's wassup. Imma call Brian when I get off. I'm planning on working on it Sat and Sun. I still have to remove the old block. It should be easy cuz the head, intake mani, compressor, and alt is already off. Will I need a engine hoist? I might as well replace my axles while I'm at it. I need a 36mm socket though. But yeah, if you can help out that would be awesome. And I will provide beer WHILE we work. Imma pick up two 30 packs when i get off work.

Comment

I was thinking about going the F23 route for higher compression. I don't have a VTEC head, so I don't know what you're talking about. Thanks for the offer about the H22, but my goal is to build an NA F22 that will open a can of whip azz on an H22.

Nah my block is an F22. I was thinking about upgrading to an F23 block for higher compression but I don't wanna risk getting a bad block. I know my engine so I'm going to keep it and build it. Yeah I painted it red. I guess I need to update my sig. LOL.
                          Why the need for the f23 block? why not just bump the compression in your f22. They respond much better to cam upgrades and other mods with higher compression. the problem with running large cams is the over lap that causes compression to drop. It'll save the hassle (and cost!) of sourcing an f23 block, head, ecu, and whatever else you might need.

another question: Did you replace your valves when you did the head work? putting those stronger springs in could've caused the valve to snap. especially if those valves already have over 150,000 thousand miles, which i'm sure they do.
                          90 LX (R.I.P.) http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=137301
                          91 EX (DD) http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=142483

Comment

hey at my job we have a f23 block. A-One auto salvage in Haysville Kansas. If u havnt found one yet or if your still looking. Call and ask about it. They do ship too. Call tomorrow between 8-5

7335 S Broadway St
                            Haysville, KS 67060-1404
                            (316) 524-3273
                            Last edited by Eazy M 316; 05-17-2010, 05:17 PM.
                            Bought From
                            Tommi
                            RiKan_BoY86

current s2k fund... $200

Comment

Originally posted by frohawker View Post
                              Why the need for the f23 block? why not just bump the compression in your f22. They respond much better to cam upgrades and other mods with higher compression. the problem with running large cams is the over lap that causes compression to drop. It'll save the hassle (and cost!) of sourcing an f23 block, head, ecu, and whatever else you might need.

another question: Did you replace your valves when you did the head work? putting those stronger springs in could've caused the valve to snap. especially if those valves already have over 150,000 thousand miles, which i'm sure they do.
                              I want an f23 block for the higher compression. I'm going to put my f22 head on it so I won't need to source a head, ecu, etc. No, I used the old valves. I had a 3 angle valve job done on them. There are several members on here that have used stock, high mileage valves with stiff springs without problems. I think the timing was off and I had valve to piston action.

Originally posted by Eazy M 316 View Post
                              hey at my job we have a f23 block. A-One auto salvage in Haysville Kansas. If u havnt found one yet or if your still looking. Call and ask about it. They do ship too. Call tomorrow between 8-5

7335 S Broadway St
                              Haysville, KS 67060-1404
                              (316) 524-3273
                              Thanks for looking out Easy, but I got a f23 block over the weekend. I was gonna take it to the machine shop and have it honed and decked but I changed my mind. I'm just going to have it hot tanked and cleaned up. It seems to be in pretty good condition.

Comment

id probably still have it decked, honed for a re-ring.
                                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
                                X