Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

im going all motor for now..!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im going all motor for now..!

so i decided that turbo isnt the way to go right now,(its in future plans) but instead im going all motor on the a6. my cars a dx but im in the process of swapping a f22a6 and manual tranny. weres the best place(s) to get higher compression piston and good head stuff, i wanna make sure this engine doesnt bend any valve or break any pistons like my a1 did for christmas. i wanna do a little p&p and shave some off the head to raise compression, any thing i need to watch out for???
    thanks in advanced.
    I Ain't cocky,I'm confident.And when u say im the best it's a compliment.!

Do you already have manual tranny or no? Just wondering, cuz the F22a6 tranny isn't going to be any different, but if your existing tranny is shot or automatic, then that's tight.

If you mill the head, it will raise compression, then you have to be careful about what pistons you go with and/or just keep it stock. If your rings are bad (compression check the engine) replace them as well...you may get by just honing the block. Perhaps look into a cam regrind and cam gear
    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

ide say get a cam and gear................. but also, u need to get a h22 tranny, if u wanna be fast ull want the lowend, only thing is bad gas mileage... LOL....

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

Originally posted by EG-Si hatch
        so i decided that turbo isnt the way to go right now,(its in future plans) but instead im going all motor on the a6. my cars a dx but im in the process of swapping a f22a6 and manual tranny. weres the best place(s) to get higher compression piston and good head stuff, i wanna make sure this engine doesnt bend any valve or break any pistons like my a1 did for christmas. i wanna do a little p&p and shave some off the head to raise compression, any thing i need to watch out for???
        thanks in advanced.
        why are you going to buy higher compression pistons if you are planning on turbo?

Owner of https://theclunkerjunker.com

Comment

i ment future plans as in like maybe by the end of the year if i even still have my accord,maybe sooner, depeneds how much i can get pistons for and all the stuff that goes with them. if i p&p the head will my pistons be good with just head work,(new vlvas and spring and stuff) i mean if i keep my stock pistons but just fix em up a little (new ring and hone cylinders and stuff.
          06:46 PM LXaccord92 ide say get a cam and gear................. but also, u need to get a h22 tranny, if u wanna be fast ull want the lowend, only thing is bad gas mileage... LOL....
          how bad are we talking??

Comment

well, with the stock rev limit @ 6k ur car will probably top out at.... how much would u guys say..... i think around 110-115.. but see, when highway cruising ur car will be going like 80 and ull be at 4.5k in fifth gear, itll get anoying, u must trade lowend for shiitier gas mileage..... im doing a auto H22 tranny in my f22a4 build up.... ill be able to deal with it......

GET A TUNING QUOTE FROM ME AZ PEOPLE

"TÜNE.FREE Engine Management!"

...::SHAWNEE::...

Comment

koo. ima see about that tranny, but right now i just wanna get my a6 in and running so i can drive my isht.

Comment

Working...
              X