Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Homemade header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Homemade header

A while ago, maybe a year or so ago, a member on here made their own header. I tried searching for the thread but couldn't find it. Does anyone remember who I'm talking about, and if you do could you point me in the right direction?
    Originally posted by 92dm
    I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
    VOUCHES
    Bought from: cb95spd

Probably F22HB, or 2point6
    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

F22HB made this one:

1999 BMW M3
      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

dyno'd 131 whp on an internally stock f22a6. also have bored tb and exhaust cutout. ive taken it back off because there's parts that need to be fixed and welded.

I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Damn. I don't have anything technically creative to add here, but let's just say I'm jealous.

It's like Bisi-style DIY.

life is good.

Comment

Wed3k, is there any reason in particular you routed the outside runners like that?
            I was actually just being a smart ass, and not really contributing to this at all.
            VOUCHES

Comment

Originally posted by bluecb7 View Post
              Wed3k, is there any reason in particular you routed the outside runners like that?
              F22HB made it.
              Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
              Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
              Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
              Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
              Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
              Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

im just the last recipient of it. i want to make the two inner runners route around the outer ones to make it like a bisi style.
                I <3 G60.

Comment

if i remember correctly, it was to give it an "STi" sound.

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy1185 View Post
                    F22HB made it.
                    Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                    im just the last recipient of it. i want to make the two inner runners route around the outer ones to make it like a bisi style.
                    I thought it was the same one, but wasn't sure.

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
                    if i remember correctly, it was to give it an "STi" sound.
                    Okay, didn't know if it for was performance, looks, or sound.
                    VOUCHES

Comment

it gives all of the above, with my stocker header the engine has no balls. i have to shift at 4k sometimes. i also have a few videos on youtube with my cutout open and it does rumble. with the stock header, it just sounds loud and obnoxious.
                      I <3 G60.

Comment

I'm gonna start mine next week hopefully, I have a DC top that I'll chop up to use. Gonna be a semi shorty with as close to equal length as possible and 4 into 1 collecter and 2.5 outlet. Primaries will be what ever the DC is. My question is what runner should go where in order to be the best. Bisi's is 1-3-4-2 starting from the rr on the collecter and going clockwise.

86 4Runner - 22RE 5spd, 4" Lift, 35x12.5R15 BFG Km2's, 4.10 gears
                        "The Turtle"
                        DD/Trail Rig/Mud Bug

Comment

i want to say that it doesnt matter where the nbumber one tube is placed but make sure the firing order is correct. if bisi is doing it clockwise, id do it clockwise.
                          I <3 G60.

Comment

awsomeness thats all i can say.
                            "Self Renewed"

Comment

I remember that header. Pretty cool to see the numbers it managed, I hope it hasn't given you too much trouble

Comment

Working...
                              X