Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

300hp goal na f20b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

300hp goal na f20b

so thats the ? is 300hp a goal the f20b can reach n/a?

with out bottle feeding too.

How much money do you want to spend?

Comment

Originally posted by 90_f20b_cb7 View Post

Yeah, but its going to be more than you'll probably want to spend and it won't be streetable at all.
      There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mndude07 View Post
        Yeah, but its going to be more than you'll probably want to spend and it won't be streetable at all.
        You could run 300 whp on the street, you just couldn't launch it in 1st. Maybe not in 2nd either. You'd want some nice wide sticky front tires, and I personally would want an F series 5 speed instead of the quicker H series tranny, just to tame it down some. It would probably have a hell of a lope, but I believe it'd be streetable.

There's a couple of guys on here that are putting more than that to the wheels in their DD's, but they aren't N/A, which does of course make them a little easier to get rolling from a stop.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
          There's a couple of guys on here that are putting more than that to the wheels in their DD's, but they aren't N/A, which does of course make them a little easier to get rolling from a stop.
          and that kids, is called "boost lag"

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
            You could run 300 whp on the street, you just couldn't launch it in 1st. Maybe not in 2nd either. You'd want some nice wide sticky front tires
            when i had 300hp i had NO problem launching on the street even on crappy khumho tires. and 300hp isnt enough power to launch in 2nd gear.

Originally posted by CB7lx91 View Post
            and that kids, is called "boost lag"
            not with anti lag!

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
            member ride thread
            11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
            DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
            People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
            I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
            John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Probably wont' be streetable around that area. It would probably be easier to go with a H22A motor rather than a F20B reason being they have more easily accessible on the shelf parts than the F20B.....although of course lots of parts interchange between the two, you won't find specific parts made for the F20B unless you want to do some expensive importing elsewhere if you want a true N/A camshafts that will do more than Skunk2 or crower.

The reason why honda made the F20B was to compete in 2.0 liter competitions. To get that motor from it's stock 180-200HP to 300HP n/a is no simple task at all. The JAACS accords are supposingly 280PS and they are all out stupid tuned n/a however their suspension is a work of art as well. Check out videos of them on youtube where they are keeping up and passing Ferarris and sniffing GT-Rs around the track!

You could stroke your motor to 2.4+ and get a good tune to get a good boost in power and go from there. There are some guys just with skunk2 Pro2 cams and a built head only getting about 220-230+/- HP which is considerably good when just swapping a healthy motor would just start you at 177-180ish HP on a good day.

I know for awhile Pocketrocketsracing had a special build where they can turn a H22 motor into a H30... YES 3.0 liter stroked h22. Those were 300HP+ crate motors and costed over 18k-21k tho....so something to think about.
              21K can give you a used subaru or evo with the same or more power and yet be streetable and daily driven.

I am the Yakuza CB7!
              JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
              1994 Prelude V-Tec
              1999 CL 3.0
              2000 Prelude
              2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
              1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
              1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
              1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

This is there H27 setup specs from a old honda-tech post. It appears their website has been down for awhile. They even sold these on e-bay way back in the day...the infamous H30 was a beast tho. The specs obviously where higher than this. This H27 was 315HP est.

BTW not knocking the F20B. At one point b4 my first H22a swap, I wanted this motor simply coz it could be had cheaper than the H22a at the time. But what stopped me was the OBD1 to OBD2 conversion and tiptronic tranny was not something I was trying to spend money on a shop installing into my auto CB7 at the time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
                H27 H22 92mm bore/100mm stroke ---267WHP/201WTQ Mustang Dyno....est.~315WHP/236WTQ dynojet

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

H27 by Pocketrockets Racing

Please keep in mind this is an engine designed for European autocross, it is not a drag racing engine.
                I have no problems making a purely drag race engine that can do +25 more WHP than this engine....I am well aware of the K and F20c series and all that Jazz. We are working on them too.
                In fact I can make a 2599cc engine with a box in box Wiseco piston with a quite short(relatively speaking) 95.6mm stroke for high RPM all out effort.!!!

This is a Mustang Eddy current dyno, which is known industry wide to read 15% below the dynojet.
                It is well known that a standard H22a 190-200 crank HP h22a will make ~160-163 whp on a dynojet ...and 141-144 whp on a mustang dyno.

This engine only has 12.8 : 1 static compression as this is designed to run on and limited to 100 octane fuel.
                It also only has 272 degree @ 0.050" lift Crane roller cams, opting for this setup to have a broad midrange torque curve.
                We have achieved 267.6 WHP and 200.7 WTQ on the Mustang dyno, Independently done and verified at KVR performance, thanks Edwin and crew!
                This translates to ~ 315 WHP and 236 WTQ on a dynojet.
                and translates to 361-372 HP / 269-277 ft'lbs at the Crankshaft.
                Torque peak is at 5750 rpm and max HP is at 8000-8250 rpm.
                Tuning is done here, inhouse.

Our goal was to have 90% of maximum torque, available from 5000-8000 rpm, which we have achieved. I am content with the results.

some Specs of the engine:

92 mm bore x 100 mm stroke
                Block uses Custom Darton ductile iron sleeves done by ERL Performance and further modified by us, for this unique application. Thanks to Jeff and Sean and Crew@ ERL
                12.8:1 static compression
                Importpowerhouse/RMF Custom 4 into 1 header with 2 1/4" collector
                TWM 52mm modified Independent Throttle bodies with full enclosed custom PRR airbox, IAC, CAI, K&N air filter, TWM FPR.
                525cc @ 43.5 psi Delphi injectors running at 52 psi fuel pressure
                External Peterson fluid systems oil pump, wet sump, run from in behind the OEM Honda crank Damper, inline oil filter.
                Crane/Ferrea 272 degree @ 0.050" lift roller camshafts
                Crower adjustable cam gears
                Crower 100mm custom billet crankshaft ....Thanks Brian and crew @ Crower's.
                Crower Endurance pro-billet steel rods
                Rod/Stroke ratio is 1.58 : 1
                Wiseco custom 92mm pistons and rings, lateral gas porting...Thanks Brian and crew@ WIseco.
                Ferrea roller rocker arms, valves, springs and titanium retainers
                Custom P13 cylinder head with all Porting/headwork done here inhouse
                Full 3 inch Thermal Research and Development stainless exhaust system with muffler, rear exit.
                Denso IK24 spark plugs with magnecor wires
                AEM Engine management System using OEM distributor
                Aluminum flywheel.

Dyno run : 3rd gear pull...standard h box gearing....Sunoco 110 octane fuel.... Intake Air temperature were 118F-125F..........idles happily at 1200 rpm.....coolant temps never rose more than 10F during full 3rd gear pulls.

BTW....even with the full roller cams....the car got ~ 25mpg at 75-80 mph .....pulls 5th gear happily from 3000 rpm with less than 0.75 volt knock...LOL
                I think I better make a 12.5:1 vtec one of these for a street motor....yippee....lol
                I already passed emissions with a 2.2L 12.5:1 stge 4 Crower cams, so the bigger motor should be no big deal......lol

I am the Yakuza CB7!
                JDM 96spec H22A 178HP 149TQ

"The JDM Fleet"

1993 Accord Sedan - 2.2 JDM H22a
                1994 Prelude V-Tec
                1999 CL 3.0
                2000 Prelude
                2010 Accord Crosstour - 3.5

1993 Mirage S Sedan - 2.0 4G63 Project Evo 2.5
                1994 Mirage S Sedan - 1.5

1991 Isuzu Impulse RS - 1.6 AWD Turbo
                1993 Asuna - 1.8 "CDM Impulse XS"

1993 Sentra SE-R - 2.0 SR20de
                1995 200sx SE-R - 2.0 Sr20ve

Comment

sorry my net cut out last nite wierd

but i was going to type in i want to build this car as a dd but and this is the catch i want it to be track ready. i am puttin about 2500-3000 in to the sus. i have acces to sunoco race gas year round. so if i got to run that all the time i can.

and i dont ever race on the street unless its an on-ramp then i will do a good 3 gear pull. or if its something that begs to be beat(ricers/punk kids with mommy-daddy car) and then i do so very catiously. and never in housing areas. the car draws to much atention to race in cities.

i have the f22 trans now was think bout getting the f20's but not sure yet. i would rather not run race gas all the time. was thinkin stage 3 na cams, over sized valves, springs, retainers, p & p.

its got 330cc injectors fuelrail fpr from a h motor, cai, catless 2.5in exst, 2in dia runner 4-2-1 headers made by a shop here in slc, aero turbine 2540i, muffler, 190lph warbro pump. ac and ps del and a light wieght crank pulley. heat wrapped headers and cai. custom tuned p28

i started with the 200hp mt motor add all that. so its a bit of a good start yeah?
                  Last edited by 90_f20b_cb7; 02-12-2010, 01:26 PM.

Comment

300 hp is not even achievable.

Comment

Originally posted by 2point6 View Post
                      wow! buch of maybe then blamo! a total buzz kill out of no where. reason for say this when there are others say "yes we can!" (lol)

Comment

Originally posted by 2point6 View Post
                        Not with the stock block.
                        Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                        Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                        Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                        Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                        Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                        Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

It just cant be done. BUT what do I know...

Comment

If you build the F20B with 12:1 pistons (93 octane), stage3 cam, fully ported head & IM, quality header & 3" exhaust I'd estimate your whp to be around 220ish, but then I'm no F20b expert.

You may be better off to get an h22 and throw some stage1 cams in it along with 3" exhaust and that alone should put you close to 190whp, port the head & IM and you should be able to achieve 205ish whp. Gonna be your cheapest N/A option to obtain some level of real performance.

I'm an F22a man so I'll be building that platform in the future, all of these engines are expensive to get N/A performance from though.
                            My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

wow! buch of maybe then blamo! a total buzz kill out of no where. reason for say this when there are others say "yes we can!" (lol)
                              Scott was being sarcastic. I think? He got 300hp from his H22, so I would think it would be doable with the F20B.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=141955

My swap thread
                              Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

Working...
                              X