Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

cylinder head work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
    ...Bisi has all the valve train parts you'll need.
    We design and fabricate many parts for the F22Ax. Give us a call and we will be able to help you.
    Bisimoto Engineering
    1) Call 1-888-9BC-MOTO(888-922-6686 ext. 1) Mon-Fri 9am-6pm PST
    2) Email me, robert@bisimoto.com
    3) Contact me on AIM, robert@bisimoto.com

Comment

Originally posted by alb_accord View Post
      i have seen a friend of mine open up the exhaust ports on the f22b1 engine of his(which i helped build) it doesn't look hard at all....granted it was his 3rd one that he was building but it doesn't take too much to think where to open up the ports up or where not to touch at all....

now port matching is something i would not do my self....

you are very very wrong.NAd have the importance of skill inverted re;ated to each task.

SERIOUSLY
      750 WHP/575 TQ CD5 Raping a street near you....
      realHomeMadeTurbo.com / Kaizenspeed.com / LSD Motorsports / Tempest Racing /SpeedFactory /ExplicitSpeedPerformance

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdiz0k0Rudw

Comment

Originally posted by Supergenius View Post
        you are very very wrong.NAd have the importance of skill inverted re;ated to each task.

SERIOUSLY
        what?
        ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
          what?
          Typing ownz me...

PORT MATCHING any idiot with a carbide bit and a sharpie can do successfully without fucking anything up...

PORTING... As in altering port geometry and flow characteristics... Not so much... Theres science to it, what works on one head dont mean it will on another... Theres ALOT more to it than just hogging away at the walls... If you fuck up, you can do alot more damage than good. And that doesnt even touch being consistant

THATS why it costs so much to be doe reputably. It is indeed a science... Not something some noob should be doing without alot of understanding and tutilidge from someone with experience, and SUCESS at making power.....
          750 WHP/575 TQ CD5 Raping a street near you....
          realHomeMadeTurbo.com / Kaizenspeed.com / LSD Motorsports / Tempest Racing /SpeedFactory /ExplicitSpeedPerformance

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdiz0k0Rudw

Comment

which is why i dont do port work for people. I do everything BUT port work, lol.
            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Typing ownz me...

PORT MATCHING any idiot with a carbide bit and a sharpie can do successfully without fucking anything up...

PORTING... As in altering port geometry and flow characteristics... Not so much... Theres science to it, what works on one head dont mean it will on another... Theres ALOT more to it than just hogging away at the walls... If you fuck up, you can do alot more damage than good. And that doesnt even touch being consistant

THATS why it costs so much to be doe reputably. It is indeed a science... Not something some noob should be doing without alot of understanding and tutilidge from someone with experience, and SUCESS at making power.....
              Werd. So many though are quick to think they can DIY port the head. It's total BS, what they call ported is a joke. I find it hilarious that people have trouble removing fricking drain or fill plugs, but then THINK they can port a head...it's so easy right?!?! If it is, then why can't you change your own oil!!

HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Typing ownz me...

ok i have seen these so called machine shop port cilinder head from honda engines. $650 for 45 min of their time. no thank you..

as many people here said, it's all about knowing where to have material removed. it's all about making the exhaust passage as smooth as around and less of a degree of a turn...
                it doesn't take to much of thinking to know how to do all of the above. i much rather spent half of a day and do it my self, then pay $650 for shop to do it in 45 min or so......
                are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

there's still a lot more to porting a head other than smoothing out the casting. you need to understand flow properties and the most important spot is right before it hits the valve (aka throat).
                  I <3 G60.

Comment

ok i have seen these so called machine shop port cilinder head from honda engines. $650 for 45 min of their time. no thank you..

as many people here said, it's all about knowing where to have material removed. it's all about making the exhaust passage as smooth as around and less of a degree of a turn...
                    it doesn't take to much of thinking to know how to do all of the above. i much rather spent half of a day and do it my self, then pay $650 for shop to do it in 45 min or so......
                    Ignorant statement man. If you witnessed that, you did witness a shop stealing people's money. There is more to portwork than that and more than 45 minutes of someone's time, way more. Maybe you just had bad experience for poor quality work.

Any reputable full portwork place usually charges $1000 atleast. So that should have been an indicator on quality.
                    HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Originally posted by HondaFan81 View Post
                      Ignorant statement man. If you witnessed that, you did witness a shop stealing people's money. There is more to portwork than that and more than 45 minutes of someone's time, way more. Maybe you just had bad experience for poor quality work.

Any reputable full portwork place usually charges $1000 atleast. So that should have been an indicator on quality.
                      now u see where i am coming from.... my friend had to quit that place because of that shit. and this is why i don't really trust shops unless someone i know has some experience with the shop.

Comment

You guys can try Performance Porting . www.performanceporting.com (970)690-8443

Very reasonable prices and they do quality work.
                        Bisi Built. The Only Way to Go!

Comment

their prices are cheap man. where are they located?

Comment

their prices are cheap man. where are they located?
                            i like their stage two...includes valve stem seals but valve jobs extra. portflow has their stage one at 350.
                            I <3 G60.

Comment

Working...
                            X