Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

cylinder head work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
    yea the rings are poo poo on one cylinder, it sounds like it has a cam though.
    lol. sounds fun. lol.

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
    These motors can handle enough pressure to make 250whp, boosted. They're not going to blow because you decided to get a valve job.
    yeah. glad to hear that.

Comment

I don't know this stuff...as to the parts themselves...bisimoto?
      ____

Comment

He sells springs, retainers/seats, valves(not on his site), and anything else you would need involving the F22 head.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

d112. check your PM box. looking to get a chipped ECU from you if i cant get one from steve

Comment

holy hell...that's what I get for clicking the link then replying an hour later. When I clicked no one had replied yet
            ____

Comment

Originally posted by bcjammerx View Post
              holy hell...that's what I get for clicking the link then replying an hour later. When I clicked no one had replied yet
              lmao. what you just left the reply window open? lol

Comment

weelll...when I'm at work I click new posts...then all the new threads I wanna read I open in new tabs...then reply as I have time. Guess I'll start refreshing them from now on right before I post
                ____

Comment

The measurements listed are the bore size of each cylinder.

A thinner head gasket will lower your compression and vice versa. How thin or thick you go, is up to you. Use Cisco's calc to figure out what certain thicknesses will net.

Honestly, I wouldn't put money into porting a head with a stock compression motor. The only thing I'd do is have a really good valve job done to it.

Wed3k gives killer vj's.
                  thought a thinner gasket raised comp. the head is closer to the pistons

Comment

Yea, I thought that too...

This is definetly one of those rare threads where I actually learned something from it!

Comment

Originally posted by JPsAccordSE View Post
                      Yea, I thought that too...

This is definetly one of those rare threads where I actually learned something from it!
                      lol. most the threads i make in the technical section arent just for my info, but for the info of others who want work done to their motors. i try to be as detailed as possible so people can understand whats going on.

lucky, d112crzy and wed3k chimed in a gave me the info i needed. and both of them offer services that tie into the head work too.

Comment

Originally posted by sulimed View Post
                        thought a thinner gasket raised comp. the head is closer to the pistons
                        You are correct. I wrote that wrong.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

You are correct. I wrote that wrong.
                          lol. even humans make mistakes.

Comment

What kind of valves were you looking for? OS or stock replacements? Bisi has all the valve train parts you'll need.
                            If you're in need of valve train for any Honda engine pm me for prices. I will provide you with a discount.
                            Bisimoto Engineering
                            1) Call 1-888-9BC-MOTO(888-922-6686 ext. 1) Mon-Fri 9am-6pm PST
                            2) Email me, robert@bisimoto.com
                            3) Contact me on AIM, robert@bisimoto.com

Comment

Originally posted by robert@bisimoto View Post
                              If you're in need of valve train for any Honda engine pm me for prices. I will provide you with a discount.
                              PM sent. ill be waiting for a response...

Comment

i have seen a friend of mine open up the exhaust ports on the f22b1 engine of his(which i helped build) it doesn't look hard at all....granted it was his 3rd one that he was building but it doesn't take too much to think where to open up the ports up or where not to touch at all....

now port matching is something i would not do my self....
                                are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet

Comment

Working...
                                X