Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

h22a N/A or turbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

h22a N/A or turbo?

just wonering im going n/a with spray. but the way i hear it the h22a is better n/a than turbo. and that if u wanna go turbo b-series is the way 2 go. been there done that! but i was just wanting some opinions? what are some of the highest out put h22a numbers u guys have seen or heard of? and does the f22 have a cast iron block?
    before & after

well the hightest i seen an h22 with boost is 714whp and it was on CB7 i just cant remember the guy tho, i think he even sold the car on ebay, but yea if i were you i would rather just go n/a on the h22, or either build the f22 and boost it thats the best way, and can even take out any h22 any day!!! so that my opinion but its up to you, good luck bro!

Comment

honestly after having a turbo b series with vtec i think i would rather have an n/a vtec set up. and next thing i turbo will b a cb7 f22a6. i just think a vtec motor is better n/a.
      before & after

Comment

Comment

i didnt better than turbo i just like the setup better on a vtec motor. ive had a few turbo cars 91 rx7, 90 eagle talon tsi awd, and a 89 supra. and my ls/vtec hatch. and now im wanting 2 go n/a try something different. dont get me wrong theres nothing like forced induction pushing 28psi and getting that adrenaline rush.
          before & after

Comment

if u want a cast iron block get an f23a1 and throw an H22 head and make a G23 setup and that setup alone with k20 pistons puts out mor than 200whp stock... so... good luck...
            lisa is long gone, but sophie is here!

i got a good feeling about this one

im going to have to
            |_..._...____________======||_|_|__--]
            "(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''*|(@)(@)*****" (@)
            check out my mr thread
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=106541

Comment

Originally posted by 90exaccord View Post
              if u want a cast iron block get an f23a1 and throw an H22 head and make a G23 setup and that setup alone with k20 pistons puts out mor than 200whp stock... so... good luck...
              +1.
              Bisimoto Engineering
              1) Call 1-888-9BC-MOTO(888-922-6686 ext. 1) Mon-Fri 9am-6pm PST
              2) Email me, robert@bisimoto.com
              3) Contact me on AIM, robert@bisimoto.com

Comment

i have mildly built h22a with 35r turbo tuned on 14psi. pushing out apprx. 350whp. i guess h22 with spray is good. i would say build the f22 and boost it and use h22 tranny!!
                Need CB7/H22/Turbo parts? i got them..check thread

Comment

350 really isnt bad if its mildly tunned thats pretty sic man. my hatch is running close 2 700 when i turn it up. but its a fully built ls/vtec b16a3 head b18a1 block with a t/3 t/4 hybrid 50 trim setup 1000 cc injectors the works. c i havent heard many good things on a h22 turbo thats y i was wondering. tho im still going n/a. what are some numbers on a n/a h22a???
                  Last edited by 92 jdm h22a; 08-31-2009, 03:32 PM.
                  before & after

Comment

Originally posted by 92 jdm h22a View Post
                    350 really isnt bad if its mildly tunned thats pretty sic man. my hatch is running close 2 700 when i turn it up. but its a fully built ls/vtec b16a3 head b18a1 block with a t/3 t/4 hybrid 50 trim setup 1000 cc injectors the works. c i havent heard many good things on a h22 turbo thats y i was wondering. tho im still going n/a. what are some numbers on a n/a h22a???
                    on a built H22 or a mildly built H22???
                    lisa is long gone, but sophie is here!

i got a good feeling about this one

im going to have to
                    |_..._...____________======||_|_|__--]
                    "(@)'(@)''''''''''''''''''''''''*|(@)(@)*****" (@)
                    check out my mr thread
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=106541

Comment

if you want a fast car, you have two options.

1: lots of boost on a built motor

2: lots of nitrous on a built motor

you can make over 500 whp either way. its all about what you want. Straight all motor is not enough power to satisfy me. I have ridden in cars from 12 second 1/4s to 8 second 1/4's and honestly, I just don't think that a 12 second car is that fast anymore. I do not think that I am ever going to be happy with my accord, no mater what it makes. does that stop me from making it faster, NO. I gotta play with what I have for now.

Bottom line, do what you want.
                      spin city

Comment

Originally posted by 92 jdm h22a View Post
                        I HIGHLY doubt a 50 trim is pushing anywhere past 450whp.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

b18. and i know what u mean about a fast car my eagle talon was a damn monster. i am a big dsm fan. but for some reason i still love my cb7. guess its bc i dont have to change the head gasket every other week lol. and as for the (ls/vtec) 50 trim setup its a (t3/t4 hybrid) setup and im pretty sure its capable 2 push enough boost for me 2 blow my motor easily! its capable of 60psi. tho itll never run that on my car. and another thing the only thing still stock on that car is the interior, and a hand full of bolts that havent been changed! so im pretty sure a 50 trim is capable.
                          before & after

Comment

Sounds like your changing your story around now. Before you said 700hp, now you're saying "enough to blow your motor easily".

A 50 trim will not push past 30psi even on a b16.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

Originally posted by d112crzy View Post
                              Sounds like your changing your story around now. Before you said 700hp, now you're saying "enough to blow your motor easily".

A 50 trim will not push past 30psi even on a b16.
                              there he goes again.

anyways. id say N/A the H22. i havent seen very many N/A H set ups around. so building your H for N/A power would be nice to see. i think everyone is buying into the hype of the BOV for boost. lol. but thats just me.

but if you want boost, boost the F. it'll be less of a hassle and with a DSM kit, you'll be right around 210-220whp with less than the cost of an H unless you can find an H at a good price. plus you can find F22a's everywhere for a dime a dozen so if you blow the F, you can have a spare 2 or 3 sitting in the shed. but you blow an H, well....thats abother $800+ you'll have to fork out for another motor.

Comment

Working...
                              X